Show some BH healer love please!

Zeerek

Hello.

I play a Mercenary (Bodyguard) and i am noticing i am being skipped over for some flashpoints/operations due to me being a BH healer.

After doing some inquiries, i found out why.

Bioware, i am asking that you show the Bodyguard tree/spec some much needed love. We, as a class, have almost NO group utility compared to the Sith Sorcerer and Imperial Operative, and ill explain why:

What do we have? Single target heals...and a pathetic aoe heal that hits 3 people..not much use in 16man operations... even our single target is seeing itself beaten by Sorcerers.

What DONT we have compared to the other classes?

Operatives have an aoe damage reduction shield, insane HOTS and a "battlerez"

Sorcerers have amazing AOE heals, shields and a "Battlerez" as well as a pull on allies.

We need some attention, at the very least, give ALL the healing classes a battlerez or take it away completely. to have 2 of the 3 available healers on the empire (and im presuming republic as well) available to pick up a dead comrade in case of emergencies, it puts a major strain on our ability to compete in the end-game.

There is no reason you should be getting passed over currently, but I could understand it after 1.2 if all those changes to BG Merc stays. Right now, BG Merc can handle healing HM FP and at least normal Ops (I have not healed a HM Ops yet so I cannot attest to that point, but I am sure a geared BG Merc could heal HM Ops), pretty easily I might add.

Hopefully before 1.2 actually rolls out, the testing will show that the up coming changes are a little detrimental to Merc healing.

Edited by BlownSi

There is no reason you should be getting passed over currently, but I could understand it after 1.2 if all those changes to BG Merc stays. Right now, BG Merc can handle healing HM FP and at least normal Ops (I have not healed a HM Ops yet so I cannot attest to that point, but I am sure a geared BG Merc could heal HM Ops), pretty easily I might add.

Hopefully before 1.2 actually rolls out, the testing will show that the up coming changes are a little detrimental to Merc healing.

We can heal them easily currently. BHs and IAs are about on par, but Sorcs are a mile ahead of us both. I'm gearing my sorc now as the 1.2 changes are just too much for nightmare modes. Our +healing buff is being nerfed, our kolto shell is being nerfed, our supercharged gas is being nerfed muliple times (Less +Healing, buffs on spells being nerfed while under the effect), our heat management is going to really suck if anyone makes a mistake and takes 1 second longer than perfect on say, NMM Soa's lightning balls.

tl;dr: For some reason we're getting nerfed to the ground but Sorcs remain untouched and IAs (You know, the other balanced healing class once you fix the bugs for them) are being buffed.

BHs will still be fine for NM/HM Ops, but with their stated "Increased difficulty" of the new Ops and the sweeping nerfs (Multiple 50% nerfs) it's not going to be worth the hassle post 1.2

We can heal them easily currently. BHs and IAs are about on par, but Sorcs are a mile ahead of us both. I'm gearing my sorc now as the 1.2 changes are just too much for nightmare modes. Our +healing buff is being nerfed, our kolto shell is being nerfed, our supercharged gas is being nerfed muliple times (Less +Healing, buffs on spells being nerfed while under the effect), our heat management is going to really suck if anyone makes a mistake and takes 1 second longer than perfect on say, NMM Soa's lightning balls.

tl;dr: For some reason we're getting nerfed to the ground but Sorcs remain untouched and IAs (You know, the other balanced healing class once you fix the bugs for them) are being buffed.

There is certainly something missing with Bodyguard healers. Heavy armor certainly doesn't make up for not having combat res, good aoe heals, a pull, etc. I'll be waiting for the BG nerfs on the test server to get rolled back. In the mean time I'll be leveling a PT and Sniper because I don't think that BG will be any fun/use if these changes go live.

Healer Protest - Hit Twitter with your thoughts.

@Rockjaw

@JamesOhlen

@SWTOR

I have posted my thoughts.

"Proposed changes to healers, merc/commando specifically are unacceptable. I have unsubscribed and won't renew if in the final 1.2."

Healer Protest - Hit Twitter with your thoughts.

@Rockjaw

@JamesOhlen

@SWTOR

I have posted my thoughts.

"Proposed changes to healers, merc/commando specifically are unacceptable. I have unsubscribed and won't renew if in the final 1.2."

Agree^^