Healers be happy - No nerf in pvp

Threskov

I like the fact that everyone cry about a healing nerf, when healing has received a 15% healing buff in pvp.

Expertise now has less DR, and with a full War hero set, you sit on 23-24% healing increase. Good good, you now are unkillable! :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that everyone cry about a healing nerf, when healing has received a 15% healing buff in pvp.

Expertise now has less DR, and with a full War hero set, you sit on 23-24% healing increase. Good good, you now are unkillable! :D

So all damage is increased 23-24% as well...with extensive nerfs to healing interrupts become even more important. I see TTKs dropping drastically with these changes...not a good time to be a healer.

So all damage is increased 23-24% as well...with extensive nerfs to healing interrupts become even more important. I see TTKs dropping drastically with these changes...not a good time to be a healer.

You also get 23-24% more damage reduction.

Think bro, think.

many classes also got buffed in damage.

Also healers, specifically sorcerers, are complaining about cast time increase, which allows for more interrupts.

when you get interrupted, your healing output is ZERO.

I hear 25% increase from zero is still zero.

I also hear if I can only heal 66% as often in 1.2, a 25% buff is still a 8% nerf.

You also get 23-24% more damage reduction.

Think bro, think.

I am thinking bro...you are looking at basic metrics and I am looking at actual game play. Healers are looking at reduced resources and increased chance of interrupts...24% of nothing is nothing.

Edited by Aaoogaa

youre logic is lacking. a player with 24% healing boost also has 24% pvp damage reduction, which negates the enemy's 24% damage boost.

I am thinking bro...you are looking at basic metrics and I am looking at actual game play. Healers are looking at reduced resources and increased chance of interrupts...24% of nothing is nothing.

Don't be bad and learn how to play your class with these fixes.

I would like to hear how dark heal is working for sorc in 1.2? is it so bad there is no throughput?

only under the best situations could you use dark infusion... juking is rough and only works when resolve is full due to the amount of cc being thrown at the healers...

and personally even with the expertise changes sorc healing is still nerfd... I wont be playing unless the changes to dark heal are actually viable in pvp, although I just dont see it atm.

all they had to do was remove the double dipping on force bending.

many classes also got buffed in damage.

Also healers, specifically sorcerers, are complaining about cast time increase, which allows for more interrupts.

when you get interrupted, your healing output is ZERO.

I hear 25% increase from zero is still zero.

I also hear if I can only heal 66% as often in 1.2, a 25% buff is still a 8% nerf.

I heard you have 3 castable heals on top of an AoE heal and an instant cast HoT, as well as a shield and CCs, while interrupts only lock out one spell for 4 seconds.

Confirm/Deny?

I heard you have 3 castable heals on top of an AoE heal and an instant cast HoT, as well as a shield and CCs, while interrupts only lock out one spell for 4 seconds.

Confirm/Deny?

but only one of them has the burst healing output to keep up on pressure... after 1.2 the only that might be effective for that will have very poor throughput...

(fb)dark infusion > (fb)innervate > bubble > dark heal... most solid dps will outpace the last 3 ... and make that all 4 when 1.2 hits and the increased castime on di.

the aoe heal is overpowered when you can use it and when a sorc even specs it for pvp... 2 second casts in pvp dont happen when people are sitting on you, if they arent sitting on you then they are bad and probably should be...

but only one of them has the burst healing output to keep up on pressure... after 1.2 the only that might be effective for that will have very poor throughput...

(fb)dark infusion > (fb)innervate > bubble > dark heal... most solid dps will outpace the last 3 ... and make that all 4 when 1.2 hits and the increased castime on di.

the aoe heal is overpowered when you can use it and when a sorc even specs it for pvp... 2 second casts in pvp dont happen when people are sitting on you, if they arent sitting on you then they are bad and probably should be...

That's why you have CC, so that you can try to LoS and still get a heal off to get you back up. Innervate and Bubbles, while not as ideal as a 1.5 sec DI, are still very good at keeping you alive for a while between interrupts.

It will still take long enough to kill a healer in PvP that your teammates should be able to back you up, especially if you have just one offhealer (can be dps spec'd) paying attention to your health bar.

I know that last part is a bit much to ask in most pugs, though. :c

I know that via expertise healers get a relativ good buff, BUT thats not the problem, the problem bh and sorchealers have with the changes on PTR right now are:

For Bh/Trooper healers if a teamm8 is underpressure they wont be able to manage their heat for long aka they'll be overheating pretty fast

Sorcs wont have ANY burstheal at all the bubble absorbs about 3.5k dmg, dark infusion is a 2.5k cast, so not worth it in PvP and juking a 2.5sec cast is a joke ! So you'll have to use dark heal... a heal that CRITS for 2k heal on live... so with the expertise buff probably around 2.4k heal and noncrit yes it makes 1.4k than, thats absurd.... if yxou look at the damage that can be done in 1.5 seconds. innervat is our only good heal but has a 9 second cooldown.. if at least the 4 piece setbonus would reduce cooldown of innervat by 1.5sec as in pve or like other casters get, so i have to pve to get the 2 piece setbonus and take out the armaments for the setbonus and be viable in PvP

operativ healers will be the gods with my ophealertwink the 1.5 sec cast easily crits for 3.5k already while the 2sec cast does 4.1k to 4.5k (same as the 2.5sec of sorcerers !!! ) so with 1.2 the 1.5sec heal will crit for 4k? while the sorchealers crits for 2.4k? okay the operativ 1.5sec heal needs an ta but cmon DAKRHEAL should crit on 1.2 with the buff for at least 3k than sorcs would be fine...

but i havent seen any sorc stating that this is the case or giving out any numbers, perhaps dark heal got buffed? if so why did no one on the forums tell anyone? so i just guess it didnt and if it didnt get revamped somehow sorc healers are screwed pvpwhiseas good healeras! forcereg beeing crippled because in full warhero gear you gonna dmg you with 3k to get only 48force which is only nearly a dark heal that will than heal for 2.4k? no way...

Higher expertise scaling is not a buff to healers. Bigger heals/bigger damage cancel out, and then everyone gets more mitigation. What this means is that while healers are going to be relatively less effective (due to class nerfs), they won't need to be as effective as before for the group as a whole to have the same survivability (due to new expertise scaling).

Essentially, healer nerfs combined with expertise scaling adjustments mean that groups are less reliant on the healer, while the healer gets to feel less effective, and more frustrated with their character.

Obviously I can see how non-healers like this... as a healer, it kinda blows.

Edited by Dudious

Higher expertise scaling is not a buff to healers. Bigger heals/bigger damage cancel out, and then everyone gets more mitigation. What this means is that while healers are going to be relatively less effective (due to class nerfs), they won't need to be as effective as before for the group as a whole to have the same survivability (due to new expertise scaling).

Essentially, healer nerfs combined with expertise scaling adjustments mean that groups are less reliant on the healer, while the healer gets to feel less effective, and more frustrated with their character.

and how exactly does going from 500 to 1000 expertise result in more damage?

ppl do more damage and ppl take less damage from expertise --> healing is buffed

You really dont have a clue do you ?

Higher expertise scaling is a BUFF to healers...

Here it is.. nice and simple.

Healer A has a 25% Expertise Bonus

DPS B Has a 25 % Expertise bonus

DPS does 25% more dmg.

Healer Takes 25% less damage. Expertise the DPS has is mitigated..

but wait! theres more... Healer still gets 25% healing increase ontop of it, that the DPS cannot mitigate by doing more damage from expertise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.