The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Respecced AP to try it out at 50.

Shogunjedi

My Impressions: Tickle , tickle , tickle , revive rinse and repeat.

Screw your Bioware.

And here is something positive : This piss poor damage AP , has great mobility and heat vent.

Its designed to carry a Ball in Huttball, , thats it.

Have you played in more than one match? Have you played in a match that doesn't have 3+ healers and 2+ tanks stacked up around the objective? Assuming people are capable of dying in the WZ, AP performs decently.

I hope the healing nerfs in 1.2 will make people squishier. The next step is to possibly weaken AOE taunt for PvP and potentially Guard. The combination of healing, taunt, Guard, and escape maneuvers makes it take forever to kill people as many classes/specs and AP is just one of said builds because of it's emphasis on consistent damage.

Edited by Mapex

Honestly with the 1.2 changes the playing field in pve should be much more even. Tried it out for a few days and honestly thought it was fine only falling behind when pyro gets the awesome proc streaks.

PvP however its not worth it. Its decent sustained damage but sustained dps is easy to heal through.. there is no giant *** burst other than getting 3 crit flamethrower ticks on someone you've stunned (which mind you is quite nice... easily tops 6k over the channel).

Its biggest burst of RB > Immo > RP > RS if it all crits is still less damage than pyros RS + TD burst

That and lacking that ranged ability that pyro has is really noticeable if you've played pyro for long enough :(

Pros: HO is awesome :p Nothing better than running at a merc/sniper/sorc and watching them try and knock you back and you laugh in their face :p

Edited by theangryllama

Actually, snipers put up a pretty great fight. Atleast the good ones on my server.

You're right, but snipers are made to counter melee classes (which we fall into, as far as snipers are concerned). Honestly, even w/ HO, a good sniper will still eat you alive from behind their little CC-proof shield if you can't get to LoS.

Sorcs and Mercs, however... easy pickings.

Actually, snipers put up a pretty great fight. Atleast the good ones on my server.

They are terrible to fight if they know what they are playing.

LUCKILY.

Only one out of about the 3 snipers that actually PvP are good :)

You want to carry the ball, go Shieldtech, way more effective than AP. Shieldtech for survivability, Pyro for dps, AP for shorter quell cd lol.

And why it seems that healers got a nerf on their abilities, in pvp it is actually the complete opposite. Expertise post 1.2 is hugely increased, thus making healers do 10%-20% better heals in pvp.

Shieldtech for survivability, Pyro for dps, AP for shorter quell cd lol.

So sad, and so true. :c

Sadly, the best Pyro spec (imo) also picks up the shorter Quell cd. So pretty much AP for pretty Hydraulic Overrides / Immolate graphics.

It's true, AP has the best LOOKING skills, lol.

Edited by Varicite

Thread title should read "Respecced AP to try it out in PVP at 50"

I had a heck of a good time with AP when I respecced into it the other night to roll through some hardmodes.

You right , my mistake . I am sure its a great spec for PVE , since u never overheat and there are no combat logs to show your team that your dps is relatively low.

Yeah i was fighting against good level 50 republican premade but i as pyro i was so used to wreck havoc and as AP i felt like i was patting them in the back. Immolate animation was something this reps have never seen before and that gave me few more seconds to tickle their hp , then they turned on me and killed me.

FB has better damage but nothing special , same with RP.

Immolate is nice but on a 15 sec cd.

U need to get up close and use ret blade to proc rail shot , unless u wanna unload and hope for the best.

Rail shot crits are lower 2.5 is the limit ( pyro i do over 3k)

But u get to run faster and heat is not an issue.

The whole spec just feels kinda weird idk.