Post Your Best SWTOR Experience!

OrshabaalLord

So I was thinking people could take a break from forum trolling or playing swtor & post their favorite:

-Favorite game experience.

:PvP Wise.

:PvE Wise. - As in favorite class mission, Heroic, or any group mission.

-Favorite content about the game.

-Favorite skill &/or Class.

-And what side do you prefer? Empire or Republic? Why?

This is just a random post on general discussion out of curiosity. I personally love this game and would love to know what everyone else thinks. I love stories so do tell.

Please DON'T do the following:

-Compare to WoW.

-Say this game will die, or anything negative having to do with swtor. (Why? Because this is a post for players that do enjoy the game. Which is like 75%)

-Diss anyone's game experience or give spoilers.

Please BE respectful on people's opinions.

Favorite game experience.

PvP

- The resolve/cc cap indicator

PvE Wise

- being able to bone almost any quest NPC i deal with

Favorite Content

- the hunt for datacrons

- the rest, it's just like wow with laser guns and light sabers

Favorite Class and Skill

- Sith Juggernaut, reminds me so much of my Warrior in WoW

Republic or Empire

- Horde! Lok'tar Ogar!

Favorite game experience.

PvP

- The resolve/cc cap indicator

PvE Wise

- being able to bone almost any quest NPC i deal with

Favorite Content

- the hunt for datacrons

- the rest, it's just like wow with laser guns and light sabers

Favorite Class and Skill

- Sith Juggernaut, reminds me so much of my Warrior in WoW

Republic or Empire

- Horde! Lok'tar Ogar!

Datacrons , ah their tough. I didnt understand ur rep or empire thingy lol.

Being a PvP junkie I'm rather a sad panda. But here goes.

-Favorite game experience.

:PvP Wise.

Zero good experience at all. PvP is absolutely terrible due to unplayable framerates.

:PvE Wise.

It's been great across the board. I enjoyed Tattooine the most.

-Favorite content about the game.

Everything PvE related.

-Favorite skill &/or Class.

Shadow / Sniper.

-And what side do you prefer? Empire or Republic? Why?

Generally the Republic. Being the 'bad guy' is totally overrated.

I've had a really hard time finding a guild to play with and while trying to group up with random players I've recieved a lot of hostility in terms of "how can you not know how to play this HM" to "sorry we can't play with you, come back when you have better gear" or "this is taking too long".

First, how am I supposed to know how every boss works if I havent played it before and how will I get gear when everyone is being an elitist jerk? They basically treat it like a job.

Then yesterday, I finally encountered a group of randoms who were just as casual as myself. They didnt care about gear or even a proper tank and we just swooshed through a HM. Nor did they seem to care much about me dc'ing on two occassions. They just wanted to play and have fun doing so. Other than having a good time I also realized how freaking stupid people are for more or less thinking that you can't play without full Rakata.

First, how am I supposed to know how every boss works if I havent played it before and how will I get gear when everyone is being an elitist jerk? They basically treat it like a job.

Well doh!

You are suposed to watch videos on youtube so you know how the bosses work :rolleyes:

:)

Well doh!

You are suposed to watch videos on youtube so you know how the bosses work :rolleyes:

:)

That's what people I've ran in to have been like. I can't understand why they're even playing since they don't seem to enjoy it. The worst part about it is probably that once you actually play it's not even hard so I cannot understand what the big deal is about.

Today I went to a few planets and soloed the world bosses, then gave away the epics to lowbies who could use them for free.

And leveling as well was really fun.

Aren't the purple drops from world bosses bound on pickup? I have some weak memory of them being that so I've just sold them instead. I have however traveled to the Origin worlds a couple of times and handed out money in my own version of "where's waldo". I will tell people that the first one to approach me gets 50 000 and so on. That must have really kick started their "gearing up process". I've also given away plenty of purple implants and whatnot to lower levels in the fleet when I've noticed that they've been under geared. Kind of wish things like that happened to me when I was new.

Edited by MidichIorian

Canceling my sub was the greatest moment, and I could care less what you think I should or should not write here.

Ahh the TORchan forums, I expect nothing less.

And it's "I couldn't care less" otherwise you "could" care less.:tran_grin:

Edited by Reico

That's what people I've ran in to have been like. I can't understand why they're even playing since they don't seem to enjoy it. The worst part about it is probably that once you actually play it's not even hard so I cannot understand what the big deal is about.

Aren't the purple drops from world bosses bound on pickup? I have some weak memory of them being that so I've just sold them instead. I have however traveled to the Origin worlds a couple of times and handed out money in my own version of "where's waldo". I will tell people that the first one to approach me gets 50 000 and so on. That must have really kick started their "gearing up process". I've also given away plenty of purple implants and whatnot to lower levels in the fleet when I've noticed that they've been under geared. Kind of wish things like that happened to me when I was new.

Actually some purples are and some aren't, I don't really know why but a few I've just had to sell to vendors. I personally just party with them and go to them lol.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

I dont get it either, those uberpro players, they always claim they play for fun tho, but it cant be all that fun to be pissed off all the time lol :)

Best experience was unsubbing.

The devs are really bad.

No server transfers, not even for the poor Aussies, bugs, bugs, and more bugs, and LFG in 1.3, and Ilum......

A month ago I would have had many good experiences to tell, but with the servers dying, and no server transfers and end game being terrible ntm non-existent. Unsubbing felt AWESOME!

Back to some wow, Rift, EQ2, Tera Beta, etc. I like lots of games, just not when they screw me.....

favorite game experience = creating my legacy.

i've been wanting something like legacy and i like it and hope it continues to expand.

favorite pvp moment = any time i don't get alderaan war zone out of the que.

favorite pve moment = finishing act 1 on 3 characters, it's always very exciting for me to go through that first act on a new character as it's a new and exciting story to experience... so far i've gone through trooper/bounty hunter/consular act 1 and looking forward to the others.

favorite skill = stealth, i quite like tranquilizer with scoundrel as well as it's punching skills.. pistol wipping > upperhand > 2 punches (if flying fists lands) > then a kick to the nuts and a shotgun blast to the back. lol it doesn't get better than that.

favorite class = i probably had the most fun with bounty hunter just cuz it was my first class, but my trooper is probably my favorite so far as it kind of got me back excited about the game. smuggler is kind of taking over from trooper probably because i'm dark side with smuggler and choosing all the funny dialogue has been really fun.

i prefer republic because they seem to be the major underdogs.

and i like being apart of the "good guys".

Edited by teambff

• 4 weeks later...
favorite game experience = creating my legacy.

i've been wanting something like legacy and i like it and hope it continues to expand.

favorite pvp moment = any time i don't get alderaan war zone out of the que.

favorite pve moment = finishing act 1 on 3 characters, it's always very exciting for me to go through that first act on a new character as it's a new and exciting story to experience... so far i've gone through trooper/bounty hunter/consular act 1 and looking forward to the others.

favorite skill = stealth, i quite like tranquilizer with scoundrel as well as it's punching skills.. pistol wipping > upperhand > 2 punches (if flying fists lands) > then a kick to the nuts and a shotgun blast to the back. lol it doesn't get better than that.

favorite class = i probably had the most fun with bounty hunter just cuz it was my first class, but my trooper is probably my favorite so far as it kind of got me back excited about the game. smuggler is kind of taking over from trooper probably because i'm dark side with smuggler and choosing all the funny dialogue has been really fun.

i prefer republic because they seem to be the major underdogs.

and i like being apart of the "good guys".

Sounds very cool!

Sounds very cool!

hehe

that post was almost a month ago, interesting reading back about how "smuggler is becoming my favorite" cuz back then it was like level 20 and now it's level 46, and now my new jedi knight is probably my new favorite heh.. how times change and move on.

always interesting to read something you wrote awhile ago. :o

Edited by teambff