losing 3% crit.

slicjedi

To clarify, he's referring to: Lethality now increases critical change by 1% per point. (was 2% per point).

Yes this is a slap in the face, but it's the lack of any kind of improvements for the class that is more disturbing, IMHO.

yeah i mean in total lethality gave 6% crit now we get 3% crit.

Similar talents got nerfed across the board for pretty much every class. I'm not too worried about it personally. I was running a 23/18/0 build for awhile and while my crit was kinda low, I didn't really notice the loss of 4% that I would have as 23/16/2. I'll notice a loss of 2% even less. Hell, Marksmanship may have enough other enticing options for me to try a 25/16/0 build in 1.2 it seems.

Similar talents got nerfed across the board for pretty much every class. I'm not too worried about it personally. I was running a 23/18/0 build for awhile and while my crit was kinda low, I didn't really notice the loss of 4% that I would have as 23/16/2. I'll notice a loss of 2% even less. Hell, Marksmanship may have enough other enticing options for me to try a 25/16/0 build in 1.2 it seems.

I only see operatives and madness sorc w/ those debuff

upvote for correct usage of lose :).

Currently doing masters and in the first week we had to do some massive evaluation. The only thing I really remember was how they gave us hypothetical scenarios in which we have to choose the ethical response. One of them was "Joe loose his wallet. Is it okay for him to do ___ ___ ____, because he loose his money" and this was after 20 minutes of reading guidelines about grammar/spelling and associated penalties.

It was a bit op if you think about it. We can get a natural 11% crit and a 15% crit with a couple of abilities if talented for it. That's 15% chance of a crit that does not trigger diminishing returns. Add on a bunch of crit gear and our chances are vary high.

The loss of 3% is not that much of a big deal. Snipers can easily get the highest crit chance to their attacks then any other class.

Edited by RipVanWinkleX

Ok since the -crit is across the board for all class, would you say I need to focus more on power now? Im currently at 40% crit and 67% surge. Would you say that the crit range would be around 35% now for snipers?

upvote for correct usage of lose :).

Currently doing masters and in the first week we had to do some massive evaluation. The only thing I really remember was how they gave us hypothetical scenarios in which we have to choose the ethical response. One of them was "Joe loose his wallet. Is it okay for him to do ___ ___ ____, because he loose his money" and this was after 20 minutes of reading guidelines about grammar/spelling and associated penalties.

Lol thanks. I thought I had made a typo and put loosing instead of losing

Ok since the -crit is across the board for all class, would you say I need to focus more on power now? Im currently at 40% crit and 67% surge. Would you say that the crit range would be around 35% now for snipers?

You should have been focusing more on power for awhile now. It because pretty high priority once they nerfed surge. 40% crit is pretty high and you're probably suffering some heavy DR to get there too.

The question that raises with this nerf if we really neeed the 3 point skill now for these 3 %?

1% crit on everything per point is not a bad return on investment at all. What this does is make the talent "good" instead of "mandatory".

Anyone putting more than 2 points into lethality will still always take it. It just frees up points to be spent elsewhere for MM and engineering builds.

Edited by Balduvar

It seems unnecessary, but whatever. Doubt they'll change their minds. All the classes are different, so I don't really agree with the notion that since other classes had theirs reduces, ours should be too. It's not like our class was at all overpowered, or even on the verge of being overpowered, due to this talent.

It seems unnecessary, but whatever. Doubt they'll change their minds. All the classes are different, so I don't really agree with the notion that since other classes had theirs reduces, ours should be too. It's not like our class was at all overpowered, or even on the verge of being overpowered, due to this talent.

I don't think any class affected by the change values crit any more or any less than the others do. By the same logic you used you could just as easily complain that there was no need to nerf other classes' crit talents just because they nerfed ours.

I wouldn't say our class is overpowered but we are pretty good(and based on the pending changes, Bioware agrees). We a definitely not overpowered just because of this talent either. However, compared to other talent options, this one was a bit too strong. Now instead of it being the only viable choice, we are free to spend those points in other places. Hell, we're free to continue spending points in that talent if we want too. It is still going to be a good talent.

You should have been focusing more on power for awhile now. It because pretty high priority once they nerfed surge. 40% crit is pretty high and you're probably suffering some heavy DR to get there too.

actually its right about where the DR starts to hit real hard, (40%) provided that some of it comes from Cunning.

And you cant really "focus on power" without picking up garbage stats. Power/Alacrity or Power/Accuracy FTL.

actually its right about where the DR starts to hit real hard, (40%) provided that some of it comes from Cunning.

And you cant really "focus on power" without picking up garbage stats. Power/Alacrity or Power/Accuracy FTL.

1.) Check out the relative stat weights at http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Marksmanship-Sniper-Sharpshooter-Gunslinger-Compendium I know they are for only 2 specs and they are for PvE but crit for the most part is valued very, very low.

2.) Most of the diminishing return curves in this game are smooth, continuous curves. The only time it is going to "start to hit real hard" is if you are very near the asymptote for the DR equation.

3.) I try to stack cunning/power mods and surge/power enhancements. Despite most people's fussing, having some amount of accuracy will help you, not hurt you. So having an accuracy/power mod is not necessarily a bad thing unless it is the version with low power and high endurance.