BH Need An Interupt !

Santaro

Yes, because classes are totally balanced for 1v1 play :rolleyes:

Of course they're not balanced for 1v1 play, but it's terribly frustrating in PvP when I'm the only one attacking a healer and I have to run up to him, knock him back to interrupt one cast, stun him to interrupt another (if it's not on CD) and then his resolve is full and I can't do anything else but sit there and try to kill him.

I just think the class has a disadvantage when rated WZ's come out. Sure I can do a ton of DPS with great burst and mobility as Pyro, but if you can't help shutdown a healer, all of that DPS doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally sat at a fight for 30 min trying to kill and NPC that was able to heal constanly. Serious give us a real interupt.

This is the problem, I've fought several npc's that do this. Yes I agree that BH's do need more ranged interupts (as do IA's) , but why can a npc constantly heal themselves like this? Characters that have no healing abilities have to wait 60 seconds to use a med pack, but yet the npc they are fighting can heal every five seconds. This is not right !!!

An interrupt is needed for Mercenaries.You may say L2P etc but its all BS. In pvp if i'm alone on a healer there is no way for me to kill him.Yes game isnt about 1v1 but not having an interrupt is a really big deal in pvp.While every other melee/ranged/healer/tank everyone else gets it Mercs doesnt have that important skill.Using electro dart to interrupt is just stupid and we cant use it if resolve bar is full.)

Amen to that. you hit the nail on the head. it's apparent by the previous poster replies saying "BH's don't need an interrupt" obviously don't PvP. Even so it's a serious balance flaw that BW needs to address PRIOR to the rated PvP content coming in the future patch.

The arsenal merc has absolutely nothing but their dps. They are a gun turret. Nothing more. Nothing less. As a result, unless additional abilities are added to diversify their capabiities, an arsenal merc that doesn't dish out more damage than the other dps classes and specs that do have other uses is underpowered and superfluous.

couldnt agree more.. and if we try to "turret" we just get SHUT DOWN by interrupt after interrupt by the guy we are fighting... its getting old.. and with 1.2, so is this game...

and dont give me the "spec into rocketpunch knock-back or use the aoe knock-back" WE ARE A RANGED CLASS!!! i dont want to be 2meters away in order to stop someone from attacking me.. THINK before you post things please.

"bottom line is that imps have been weakened by leaning on there ezmode classes and overwhelming numbers, while rep takes skill and guerilla tactics to succeed, thus making rep far better pvpers." -Captain Obvious
I have nothing substantive to add to this thread, I just thought I'd mention that this is the dumbest statement I've yet seen on the forum.

Also, if you're complaining about BH needing added utility, go talk to your smuggler / operative friends. They'll show you something to complain about.

Zoeller obviously isn't playing a merc in pvp to understand what we go through in pvp.

And when a certain other game comes out somewhat soon, I won't be playing the same game as him.

Zoeller obviously isn't playing a merc in pvp to understand what we go through in pvp.

And when a certain other game comes out somewhat soon, I won't be playing the same game as him.

That's all this thread is. The OP masquerading his request as PVE< but this is nothing but a PVP request.

Not going to happen.

That's all this thread is. The OP masquerading his request as PVE< but this is nothing but a PVP request.

Not going to happen.

Yup. I love how easily the PvP players disregard the PvE side of things during their conversations. Often you have to read 5+ posts into the thread till someone brings up the PvP word. Or you figure it out after they bring up terms like "1v1" or "healing other team" then your like.....oooooh....this is another stealth PvP thread. gotcha.

dont know what issue you guys have. My merc is doing fine. Oh but wait...yeah i don't PvP...yeah...sry guys. feel for ya. better luck next time.

I did Battle of Ilum HM last night with a Jug, Assassin, and Operative healer. I'm Arsenal. At least 2 of the boss fights depended on interrupting the bosses casts. The tank was generally busy holding aggro and constantly getting stunned/knocked back. The assassin was often trying to avoid taking aggro and sometimes missing interrupts.

In both fights, I just had to sit there stealth scanning and/or DPS'ing and watching the AOE of DOOM casting bar fill up without any ability for me to interrupt/stop it. We spent like 100k in repairs. I don't think that many of our wipes would have happened if I had the ability to interrupt boss NPC casting just like every other class.

It seems like those HM fights are designed especially with ranged interrupt classes in mind. Since we didn't have one, it seemed to make them a lot tougher. Maybe the group would have cleared things smoothly with a Sniper instead of a Merc DPS?

A stun athat is a on 1 min cooldown and a knockback ? What knockback are you refering to Missle Blast that idoes nothing at higher levels. Mako is not used in a 4 man heroic or higher so she doesnt count. Plus our damage is being reduced and close range attacks are really worthless Range interupts are what is needed

In your first post you talk about soloing an NPC that would heal itself, and now you switch and say this is all about 4 man content? Make up your mind. If you're talking about group content, then chances are someone else in your group has an interrupt.

Powertechs don't have a long duration CC ability. Should they get that too?

In your first post you talk about soloing an NPC that would heal itself, and now you switch and say this is all about 4 man content? Make up your mind. If you're talking about group content, then chances are someone else in your group has an interrupt.

Powertechs don't have a long duration CC ability. Should they get that too?

Oh for the love of....

My main is a Merc DPS BH, so I will say two things to address this thread:

PvE/Solo/Group - I just read that Zoeller quote and it makes me :mad:. If he won't add an interupt because the raid/PvE content doesn't require it, I just don't understand that at all. As others have mentioned, there are NPC's that can heal ridiculously pre-50 and there are certain heroics that require interupts. Raids also suffer based on group composition. I raid with a group of friends and 2 of our DPS are Arsenal BH's. Why does the raid suffer because 2 of us wanted to play a Merc BH? Makes no sense

PvP - This is the more valid argument that we need one. If he says we will have too much "combat utility" if we get an interupt... oh my lord... So we have 1 knockback, 1 melee 4m knockback, 1 stun, and 1 CC. Our knockback is inferior to say, Sorc, because there's has an insta root effect and not just a slow. Our melee knockback is laughable because if they have resolve it doesn't do anything to interupt. Our 1 stun ability is laughable as others have noted because if they have resolve, it doesn't interupt anything either. And our 1 CC ability... bleh its very situational and every class has a CC-breaker.

The pure fact that every single AC in this game EXCEPT for Merc's gets an interupt ability (correct me if I'm wrong) is beyond ridiculous.

/end rant

Edited by Barberiann

I did Battle of Ilum HM last night with a Jug, Assassin, and Operative healer. I'm Arsenal. At least 2 of the boss fights depended on interrupting the bosses casts. The tank was generally busy holding aggro and constantly getting stunned/knocked back. The assassin was often trying to avoid taking aggro and sometimes missing interrupts.

In both fights, I just had to sit there stealth scanning and/or DPS'ing and watching the AOE of DOOM casting bar fill up without any ability for me to interrupt/stop it. We spent like 100k in repairs. I don't think that many of our wipes would have happened if I had the ability to interrupt boss NPC casting just like every other class.

It seems like those HM fights are designed especially with ranged interrupt classes in mind. Since we didn't have one, it seemed to make them a lot tougher. Maybe the group would have cleared things smoothly with a Sniper instead of a Merc DPS?

I had this issue last night in a heroic 4. I was on my Guardian tanking with a Sage healing and Scoundrel + Commando dealing damage and off-healing (I am DPS spec so Soresu Form alone wasn't enough to mitigate the blows).

That said, a lot of the damage I took was due to casts, but only I and the Scoundrel had the ability to interrupt since our Sage was busy healing me and the Commando lacked one entirely. I don't understand why Commandos/Mercenaries don't already have an interrupt and I truly believe they will be getting on by the time 1.3 hits because it's such a detriment to the classes and the entire game that such a common ability is missing from their arsenal.

We don't need an interrupt. I leveled my Merc all the way to 50 using the Arsenal spec and never came across a single enemy (player or npc) that could outheal the damage I did. If you think the Merc needs an interrupt, then you need to go learn to play the class. With the amount of stuns and knockbacks we get, we don't need an interrupt.

Of course, I can see why you'd want to change things if you can't play your class well. :tran_grin:

We don't need an interrupt. I leveled my Merc all the way to 50 using the Arsenal spec and never came across a single enemy (player or npc) that could outheal the damage I did. If you think the Merc needs an interrupt, then you need to go learn to play the class. With the amount of stuns and knockbacks we get, we don't need an interrupt.

Of course, I can see why you'd want to change things if you can't play your class well. :tran_grin:

All this reads as ME ME ME try being a merc healer with 1 stun and a knockback arsenal = easy mode

Edited by skotish

the stun interrupts..

and some of us BH (shieldtech) have 5 interrupts for nonnormals

some of us BH (pyro, ap) have 4 interrupts..

classes are balanced with different levels of utility

PT for instance doesn't get a 60s(?) mez!

I'd give up one of my interrupts for that any day

I'd rather lose my range advantage to get an interrupt on a battle I'd otherwise always lose than have literally worthless heals.

I'm so glad you said this, I see so much complaint about the BH heals but I don't think they're anything special compared to the others. On a healing spec my sage can pump out more healing than my merc (also on a healing spec), and for a lot longer too. And yet I see so many people complaining that the heals are terribly overpowered that I started to wonder if Kolto missile, healing scan, rapid scan was the wrong cycle...

I guess with the shield, the boost that provides and just standing still healing yourself, you could take a fair amount of damage, but doing that you have maybe 20 seconds even with a vent heat before you find yourself unable to do anything?

Back on topic, we really do need an interrupt with either a good lockout or a reasonable cooldown. Electrodart is good for two uses at best, and that just doesn't cut it, our knockback isn't much better and is close range only, and if they were talking about rocket punch as our third, also close range and it only works that way on the turret spec, which makes a close range hit even harder, due to you being a ranged turret...

lol bioware said "if merc's get interrupt they will be op" hhahahahahahah! what do you call a sorc or assassin that have EVERYTHING then? even more dps then merc when they speced tank/dps... LOL! fail SO fail.

There does seem to be an unfortunate trend of the force users getting all the goodies. As some of the more likely candidates for being called overpowered, they even somehow neatly sidestepped the huge upcoming nerf.

I cant speak for any other spec, but the merc healer is in desperate need of a good (or even 'meh') lockout ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.