So pyro gets nerfed?

ugig

As a pyrotech merc you will use power shot quite a bit as filler to proc rail shot resets, it allways did respectable dmg when it hit (white dmg such as unload and power shot are subject to deflections and shielding chance) but no where near tracer missile dmg.

Now in 1.2 they are nerfing Tracer, and Power shot is recieving the exact same nerf, longer cast time and 10% damage reduction..and to top it all off, to reduce the cast time back to original you must spec into tier 2 of arsenal.

So let me get this straight, they said Tracer Missile needs a nerf because it does too much dmg while providing all the buffs and debuff benefits and cannot be deflected or shielded, so nerf it....but why Power Shot?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if power shot was left untouched, all the horde of arsenal mercs would have just jumped boat to pyro.

Nah, pyro requires more thought than the one button spammers can muster, they were all jumping ship to sorc.

Nah, pyro requires more thought than the one button spammers can muster, they were all jumping ship to sorc.

Agreed, pressing one button till the other lights up is very complicated. You sir are my hero for playing such a complicated spec

AND... we got stuck with the dookie missile animation. Thanks a lot you bunch of no-skill single-button spammers

You must really hate Arsenal Mercs, i se you spam on almost every thred on this section about your absurd hate for Arsenal, i dont see Arsenal Mercs throw that much hate to Pyro.

I have played Pyro alot, its ok, but inferior to Arsenal, aresnal is also more fun! imo

I have no problem 1v1 agains most classes, i shine in pvp and in pve.

You seam to think all we do is spam TM, this is obviosly ingnorant from your part and its clear you havent played arsenal much.

If you like pyro that much, then play it, im happy for you, now go out in IRL do somthing fun and let your hate vent on real problems.

AND... we got stuck with the dookie missile animation. Thanks a lot you bunch of no-skill single-button spammers

They changed that dookie missile animation to fusion missile animation and fusion missile will have the crouching tracer animation.

I'm disappointed in the power shot change, may just as well use auto attack for nearly the same damage output rather than casting power shot for 2 seconds and do laughable damage.

I dunno if I want to keep playing my merc (healing is out of the question, arsenal is meh).

it also may be a pyro buff. i didnt use powershot that much. if the proc chance will be like 60% now its a buff.

in pvp

Powertech's pyro was changed from 30% flame burst/45% rocket punch to 45% flame burst/60% rocket punch, I imagine it'll be 45% power shot/60% unload, I haven't bothered with PTS yet.

Though PT receives the same nerf, they still retain the crown of better Pyro. I was hoping they would give us (Merc) a bone to compensate for the armor bypass and CC utility they have over us.

Actually I really doubt it.....

I dont remember the last time a pyro merc power shotted me, actually it never has happened. They just unload, and Rapid shot spam until rail shot comes off cd or procs. EDIT* or ED/TD :p .

Before patch PT Pyro was slightly better. After patch the luck element is still there but with a negative cap. A PT pyro will not be able to proc back to back, BUT will be able to fight a whole fight without a sing proc.

As for mercs they are buffing substantially the proc rate for unload, meaning you atleast will have it easier cause your spec was never so much of dmg spikes, rather more sustained. (BASICALLY, you got tweaked, PTs got destroyed)

I am or was a PT, that was considering rolling a merc when I heard they were gonna give them a better rotation rather than just TM spamming.. Now Im certain... I will not play the soon to be gimpiest melee class in the game.

Edited by Assaultrooper

Actually I really doubt it.....

I dont remember the last time a pyro merc power shotted me, actually it never has happened. They just unload, and Rapid shot spam until rail shot comes off cd or procs. EDIT* or ED/TD :p .

Before patch PT Pyro was slightly better. After patch the luck element is still there but with a negative cap. A PT pyro will not be able to proc back to back, BUT will be able to fight a whole fight without a sing proc.

As for mercs they are buffing substantially the proc rate for unload, meaning you atleast will have it easier cause your spec was never so much of dmg spikes, rather more sustained. (BASICALLY, you got tweaked, PTs got destroyed)

I am or was a PT, that was considering rolling a merc when I heard they were gonna give them a better rotation rather than just TM spamming.. Now Im certain... I will not play the soon to be gimpiest melee class in the game.

I used power shot quite a bit when rail and unload were on CD, it was a low cost fast cast that for me did around 2500 dmg as long as it wasnt deflected or shielded and gave a chance at popping rail shot's CD. I think you may have just not noticed getting hit by it because it has no visible impact graphic.

Powertech's pyro was changed from 30% flame burst/45% rocket punch to 45% flame burst/60% rocket punch, I imagine it'll be 45% power shot/60% unload, I haven't bothered with PTS yet.

in 1.2 it will be 45% chance for powershot and 75% chance for unload, same + 15 % as for PTs.

Every pyro spec will now be forced deeper into arsenal to pick up the cast time decreasing talent for tracer and power shot, but thats about it.

You must really hate Arsenal Mercs, i se you spam on almost every thred on this section about your absurd hate for Arsenal, i dont see Arsenal Mercs throw that much hate to Pyro.

I have played Pyro alot, its ok, but inferior to Arsenal, aresnal is also more fun! imo

I have no problem 1v1 agains most classes, i shine in pvp and in pve.

You seam to think all we do is spam TM, this is obviosly ingnorant from your part and its clear you havent played arsenal much.

If you like pyro that much, then play it, im happy for you, now go out in IRL do somthing fun and let your hate vent on real problems.

I have played arsenal, a lot, and while I can agree it can be fun seeing those oversized damage numbers flying, I can also say I knew it wouldnt last because it is overpowered in its current form. I can also say that, while not all arsenal mercs abused the easy one button spam, a large number of them did. Those were the ones that I envisioned as a bunch of 12 year old's looking for an ego boost to confirm that they were "leet".

From the bounds of miss-spelling, and the general tone of your post, guess what group you look like you belong to?

in 1.2 it will be 45% chance for powershot and 75% chance for unload, same + 15 % as for PTs.

Every pyro spec will now be forced deeper into arsenal to pick up the cast time decreasing talent for tracer and power shot, but thats about it.

Most were allready specced there for the heat cost reduction, though you had the ability to not take it and not be gimped. Now as you say, we will be forced because the difference in .5 cast time is much much larger than the difference of 9 heat cost. As is we allready count on alot of "white" damage from railshot and unload and powershot, but to nerf powershot as well...and sure, a more reliable proc to pop the CD of railshot is nice, but it cant occur more than once every 6 seconds and your now forced to use combustable gas for it to proc at all.

Most will say, if your pyro you should be using CGC anyway, but as a merc pyro it is nice to gain that extra 35% armor pen on your railshots that you can get from HVGC plus with upgraded arsenal you reduce railshot heat cost by 8.

so i guess its a buff overall. cure got -8 heat also. i like the changes as a merc pyro. still i hoped for an interrupt ability.

Power shot lol. I steer clear of any ability that makes you stand still to do such little damage.

Obviously not very good then. Powershot is great against targets that have little armor, and makes an excellent 1-2-3 burst with railshot and thermal detonator all at once.

I have played arsenal, a lot, and while I can agree it can be fun seeing those oversized damage numbers flying, I can also say I knew it wouldnt last because it is overpowered in its current form. I can also say that, while not all arsenal mercs abused the easy one button spam, a large number of them did. Those were the ones that I envisioned as a bunch of 12 year old's looking for an ego boost to confirm that they were "leet".

From the bounds of miss-spelling, and the general tone of your post, guess what group you look like you belong to?

this is how you troll. Well played sir.

Agreed, pressing one button till the other lights up is very complicated. You sir are my hero for playing such a complicated spec

You're not playing pyro like its mean to be played if you do this. If you haven't played the class, you should probably try it, and then ****.