1.2 looks awesome.

Darth_Vanquisher

The idea of pretty much giving a free force restore to a class that is so front loaded in resource management was a terrible idea. Taking away that freebie was a good thing.

The change to conveyance is inept. PvP is pretty much about spike damage and being able to heal spike damage. Now the difference between a dps and a 31 point healer's ability to heal spike damage is hots and kickback. They'll still be able to inflate their numbers with the aoe though, doesn't really do jack when someone is being focused.

Being that end game content revolves around the ability to find healers, I don't really see the wisdom in making them more generic. In PvP they generally have to deal with being targetted by multiple people all the time, it's not as fun as it sounds. Unless of course you are one of those people that doesn't que without a premade.

Lastly, I've played mmo's for quite awhile now, they don't really revamp class changes after they have already put them on test center. They might remove one or two but what is on that list is pretty much what we are going to see.

The idea of pretty much giving a free force restore to a class that is so front loaded in resource management was a terrible idea. Taking away that freebie was a good thing.

The change to conveyance is inept. PvP is pretty much about spike damage and being able to heal spike damage. Now the difference between a dps and a 31 point healer's ability to heal spike damage is hots and kickback. They'll still be able to inflate their numbers with the aoe though, doesn't really do jack when someone is being focused.

Being that end game content revolves around the ability to find healers, I don't really see the wisdom in making them more generic. In PvP they generally have to deal with being targetted by multiple people all the time, it's not as fun as it sounds. Unless of course you are one of those people that doesn't que without a premade.

Lastly, I've played mmo's for quite awhile now, they don't really revamp class changes after they have already put them on test center. They might remove one or two but what is on that list is pretty much what we are going to see.

Dear God, you have got absolutely no clue, do you? Play a sage..get 50...get BM gear...and play against other BM geared people who know what they are doing.

As for the patch, If you are a role-player or someone who loves leveling alts, then this is the patch for you. I'm not one for either of those things, so the patch isn't as fun for myself, but that's fine. Maybe one day I will get some stuff I enjoy too.

I find it funny that one of their major highlights is a guild bank. *BOggle* In my opinion, this patch is mediocre at best. Again, I see potential in the future but that's looking mighty far away at the moment. Once you finish the flashpoint and operation, what then? Do more daily's? Level more alts? Ugh.

I do love the fact they are allowing us to customize gear etc. That at least is something.

Can I delete my quests now? That's kinda getting annoying. Yeah, I could do them, but i won't.

Class balance is horrific and what they did to healers is insane. I'd love for them to explain the changes because then maybe I can get a deeper understanding on where they are going with this. Otherwise, my character is useless post 1.2 in pvp.

No, I won't quit right away. I will see what happens in 1.2. Why do I 'complain'? Because I love the game and it's potential and I get upset when the company does not meet that potential. I'm waiting for them to expand their vision and make this game interesting. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time and honestly, I've never been so let down by a game either.

The PvP community on this forum is really disappointing. They're adding some really awesome new stuff next patch and all I see is a flood of whine posts crying about how it's the end of the game because some skills might get tweaked.

They're adding a new warzone, rated PvP, target of target frames and this is the first post I've seen all day talking about anything else then Sorcerers. >_>

Can't see how they're breaking WZs. Yeah, the changes would probably brush the ego of entitled pseudo-PvPers who think they should have gear advantage just because they have more free time then the other guy. But "real" PvPers are getting what we were after. Prestige. My premade's already warming up to get to the top of the ladder. Is yours?

My premade is warming up for GW2 and decent PvP not this BS.

The PvP community on this forum is really disappointing. They're adding some really awesome new stuff next patch and all I see is a flood of whine posts crying about how it's the end of the game because some skills might get tweaked.

They're adding a new warzone, rated PvP, target of target frames and this is the first post I've seen all day talking about anything else then Sorcerers. >_>

Half of that is basic MMO stuff and should have been there on LAUNCH.

Why should i care about new WZ when already questionable balance is going down the crapper?

You think that buffing OP classes and nerfing weakest classes is something to be happy about? What ya smokin dud?

Edited by GrandMike

My premade is warming up for GW2 and decent PvP not this BS.

PvP is as good as players make it. If I managed to actually have fun in something as awful as WoW Arena back in the awful state of TBC balance, I'm pretty sure I'll manage here, as well.

Besides, I'm a sucker for Star Wars. High Fantasy really aint my thing.

Can't see how they're breaking WZs. Yeah, the changes would probably brush the ego of entitled pseudo-PvPers who think they should have gear advantage just because they have more free time then the other guy. But "real" PvPers are getting what we were after. Prestige. My premade's already warming up to get to the top of the ladder. Is yours?

´

Its like going to the Olympics and demand people that trained more than you to run without shoes and blindfolded.

´

Its like going to the Olympics and demand people that trained more than you to run without shoes and blindfolded.

Eh, lolwut? A silly thing to say, considering all athletes have shoes that are made by the same standards, and sightless athletes compete with others who have a similar disability. Or you'd rather have every sprinter run barefoot, and give shoes to the first three? Or to those that ran more races than the rest?

If I "trained" more, then I don't need better shoes. All things equal, I'm better at managing my body's resources, my musculature is better developed, as well as my heart and my lungs, and I can maintain focus longer than someone with less training. If I were a boxer, I wouldn't mind having fancier shorts. Bug having lead plates in my gloves would be a bit too much, don't you agree?

Edited by Helig

PvP is as good as players make it. If I managed to actually have fun in something as awful as WoW Arena back in the awful state of TBC balance, I'm pretty sure I'll manage here, as well.

Besides, I'm a sucker for Star Wars. High Fantasy really aint my thing.

Thats your choice, those who want better PvP will go to GW2 *shrug*

Saying "i play bad game but thats because im a sucker" aint really reassuring :p

Edited by GrandMike

LOL I play a sorc, and the funny thing is... the easiest class I can find to kill, is another sorc. Guess we all get nerfed, so that won't change. So looking forward to continue going from full health and bubble to dead before a stun wears off. Thanks for screwing up the madness tree BW, now I won't be able to get a group in PVE or enjoy PVP.

It's funny how every game always nerfs dps classes first. People whine cause dps classes kill them, well.. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. Tanks are the worst offenders.. they get pissy cause they can't dps like a dps class can, so they gear themselves to do more dps and get pwned cause they lost there defensive ability. Dude, your a tank.. gear that way. It's not your job to kill people, it's your job to make sure the people who are healing and CAN kill people stay alive.

BW made the same mistake every game makes though, they listen to the QQ and buff tanks and nerf dps. It never ends well, take a look at warhammer for a good example.

Thats your choice, those who want better PvP will go to GW2 *shrug*

Saying "i play bad game but thats because im a sucker" aint really reassuring :p

GW2 may actually be a better *PvP* game. But better game overall? I doubt it. I happen to enjoy multiple aspects of ToR, and PvP, while high on my list, isn't the only thing that keeps me here.

Besides, it all depends on what we expected from ToR. I never thought of it as the second coming of PvP or raiding. I expected it to be a Bioware game, no more and no less. And I got precisely what I expected, and then some. ToR PvP turned out to be even better than I originally anticipated.

But yeah, you're right. For people who play solely for the purpose of PvP, ToR probably isn't the best choice.

Edited by Helig

GW2 may actually be a better *PvP* game. But better game overall? I doubt it. I happen to enjoy multiple aspects of ToR, and PvP, while high on my list, isn't the only thing that keeps me here.

Besides, it all depends on what we expected from ToR. I never thought of it as the second coming of PvP or raiding. I expected it to be a Bioware game, no more and no less. And I got precisely what I expected, and then some. ToR PvP turned out to be even better than I originally anticipated.

But yeah, you're right. For people who play solely for the purpose of PvP, ToR probably isn't the best choice.

I set my expectations really, and i mean REALLY low. I mean, Ilum...it doesnt get ANY worse than that. And PvP has turned into instanced gear grind. It doesnt get any worse than that.

And now even LOTROs MPvP seems like a work of art compared to SWTOR.

So yah, if you want to pay 15/month for lot of recycled content and very small amounts of class story here and there, it really is worth it rofl

If you want a good raiding or PvP - stay out of SWTOR. Im glad you told the truth, at least you are not fooling yourself like lot of bafoons here.

Edited by GrandMike

I am looking forward to those changes.

Especially the healing changes.

And stop whining about balance.

there are 8 Advanced classes, of course there will be a FOTM. It is impossible to balance that in a 1v1.

I feel like every second poster here has never played a real MMO before. (and no, WOW is no real MMO)

I play vanilla wow it is a MMO,also swtor is a WoW clone everything id the same.so if WoW is not an MMO so is swtor there the same;)

I set my expectations really, and i mean REALLY low.

So yah, if you want to pay 15/month for lot of recycled content and very small amounts of class story here and there, it really is worth it rofl

If you want a good raiding or PvP - stay out of SWTOR. Im glad you told the truth, at least you are not fooling yourself like lot of bafoons here.

I agree mike you always are right there is lots of kids roaming about to GW2! then D3

I set my expectations really, and i mean REALLY low. I mean, Ilum...it doesnt get ANY worse than that. And PvP has turned into instanced gear grind. It doesnt get any worse than that.

Actually, I'm perfectly satisfied with ToR being MMO-lite with a strong story component. Fits my current tight RL-scheduling and mentally taxing work just fine. When I have exhausted the content, I'll probably suspend my sub till more content is released, simple as that.

Besides, people who play modern-gen "mainstream" MMOs need to stop pretending to be hardcore. It's cute, really. But gets old. Dedicated and passionate? Probably. But nothing to be condescending about.

Edited by Helig

This thread is full of sarcasm, right?

There's a bunch of completely unnecessary nerfs to several classes that will absolutely cripple their effectiveness in PvP to the point of being useless.

Good luck finding any Sorcerer healers for your rated teams in 1.2. They won't exist anymore.

So they nerfed sorcs healing? i didn't read that sorry.. What i did read is that sorcs will have to l2p a little more and it wont be so easy to pick up go hybrid and face roll. Much needed change, you can't just pick up a melee and sit on top of mount olympus in one sitting you have to actually learn the toon a little.

After the sky falls, those with skill will continue to thrive and those baddies who only did ok because of the slightly imba style of play afforded them with continue to yell doom. And to be honest i know a few guildies or dont even use the hybrid spec and are pretty good at pvp so meh.

I like the patch lol, also a side note if rage spec was someones intention id still roll juggy for that, rage on mara will be ok but jugg has way more options in wz. Especially the ability to go defensive and get those medals too, all in the same battle.

• 2 weeks later...
Why should i care about new WZ when already questionable balance is going down the crapper?

You think that buffing OP classes and nerfing weakest classes is something to be happy about? What ya smokin dud?

In what way are sorcerers the weakest class? Please explain. Go play your other games and your 'real pvp' like all the other fotm'ers. You and your lollightning won't be missed.

Ilum was a PVP fiasco.

The devs didn't listen to the simple advice of limiting the number of people of one faction to 50% of the total max players in 1 instance of Ilum. It would have been a simple fix, but no, they did not listen.

While the PVE changes and additional content in 1.2 are excellent, the patch is looking like another PVP fiasco, with incredibly poor balance tuning that appears to have been done based on the QQ of terrible players, and no real thought to proper PVP progression.

Developers need to start listening to the experienced, intelligent players more; and listening to the clueless pug randoms less. It would lead to much more judicious changes than what we routinely see in MMOs.

Edited by Redmarx

ah. nothing like coming to the tor forums for a good chuckle while reading the majority of the communities comments.

Im most entertained by the people who hate/dislike the game soooooooo much but still check/post on the forums every day. Thank you for the entertainment.

So it wasn't you're cup of tea.. move on then. ;)

ah. nothing like coming to the tor forums for a good chuckle while reading the majority of the communities comments.

Im most entertained by the people who hate/dislike the game soooooooo much but still check/post on the forums every day. Thank you for the entertainment.

Many people who complain want what is best for the game to succeed.

Just as people complained about Ilum and gave many suggestions to improve it, all of which were ignored.

It does not inspire confidence in the developers when they got Ilum so wrong they had to basically shut it down completely and thereby remove the entirety of their own open world PVP content.

Edited by Redmarx

In what way are sorcerers the weakest class? Please explain. Go play your other games and your 'real pvp' like all the other fotm'ers. You and your lollightning won't be missed.

Umadbro?

this is kind of "PvPers" that will be left in SWTOR. Good job BW! rofl

Ill write here as long as my PAID privilege allows me :D

It never gets old to tell people to use gap closer to GW2 that BW gave them in form of 1.2 :D, PvP is offcially just PvEers sideattraction in SWTOR, just look at OP and responses in this thread rofl

Edited by GrandMike

Having read through this thread, I would just bring one other observation into play (based on the Merc BH forum).

I play pyro. I have fun playing pyro. Due to some 'OP' claims about PT pyro and Arsenal TM etc, we get affected also. No one has ever complained about Pyro Merc being '*** OMG OP!' Even so, we will be 'nerfed' by the changes to the above mentioned other BH builds/ACs.

Thing is, I don't really care that much. Yeah, I may take a small nerf and have to amend my playstyle, but I will still have a laugh and continue to play well and kill baddies. Good players and premades are in the same boat, so it's no drama (for me).

It's funny how every game always nerfs dps classes first. People whine cause dps classes kill them, well.. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. Tanks are the worst offenders.. they get pissy cause they can't dps like a dps class can, so they gear themselves to do more dps and get pwned cause they lost there defensive ability. Dude, your a tank.. gear that way. It's not your job to kill people, it's your job to make sure the people who are healing and CAN kill people stay alive.

Right. Except I'm not sure how many WZ teams really play like this, except within Guilds. Most of what I see is people running around engaging in 1vs1 and not caring about objective or DPS/tank/healer collaboration.

So I perch myself on a shelf 25 meters from the action, light a cigarette and Ambush+Grenade enemies every 3 seconds... until someone discovers me, at which point I usually die from melee wounds.

The teamwork aspect really has some way to go, but I guess there's just too many new players, like myself.