Imp agent or shadow tank

BradPiff

Don't make an Operative. After 1.2 they won't be any fun anymore .. unless you want to heal.

Go shadow or assassin.

I agree Assassins in pvp are very good, and of course they have the option to tank or dps in raids.

Tank assassin/shadow is the best pvp class in small scale battles and 1v1, they got the best and most utility of all classes, they can survive anything for an extended period of time which makes the the best class for defending nodes alone and the best ball carriers in huttball.

Operatives on the other hand are tricky, and more of a support class there to tip the scales in group fights.

You chose, I play both classes with varying specs. If you asked me to delete one I´d delete the shadow, but I like challenges.

I love my Assassin tank spec'd. Not only do you have a lot of spammable AoE for PvE to get aggro (a feature that I hated with Guardians... lack therof) They are quite survivable and do pretty good damage for tanks.

I love that they can also stealth off and run away if they just get too damaged. It's saved my life quite a few times now, especially in Huttball.

they both fulfill different roles, it all comes down to the playstyle you like to play. I have both a op and sin (along with jugg, sniper, etc). I rotate through them depending on my mood. Do i want to heal? Out comes the op. Do i want to tank/get kills? Out comes the assassin. Do i want to protect/dps? out comes the PT.

If i want to be lazy and do everything at once, out comes the sorcerer.

But if someone made me choose just one, I'd choose the op. The playstyle is more enaging/challenging/strategy/etc.

thanks for the replies people

I done some reading and would you say concealment op is like sub rogue

Ok...

Picture a sub rogue. Take away recuperate, preparation, sprint, shadowstep, mind numbing poison, spammable backstab, disarm, smoke bomb, make blind an AE, cut evasion down to 3 seconds and add a really long, castable heal.

That's a concealment operative.

Edited by Caelrie