Don't take away our "giggle/laugh" when upper hand procs in 1.2! =(

PerfectDuke

Rather give an option to turn it off. As a healer, having the audio cue is great for focusing on... well, healing. Especially if the proc comes off of my Hot, slow-release medpac. I wasn't aware it annoyed others until now but honestly, the scissor jack noise made from operatives is way more annoying. =P But I digress, make it optional! Or at least reconsider. Maybe make it so only we, ourselves can hear our own proc? Hopefully someone somewhere is looking into installing an alternative option instead of removing it all together.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Upper Hand no longer triggers a "grunt" sound effect when it occurs."

That's all the patch notes say about any noise, so I am not 100% sure they are taking about the characteristic giggle/laugh that UH granted or they are talking about another accidental noise that occurred.

I would test this patch out myself, however BW is kinda silly in that they don't have a PTS character copy, so I don't feel like leveling an entirely new character just to test the patch out. Maybe I missed something, but so far I have yet to see a way to get a level 50 on the PTS without leveling one.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content/old post

"Upper Hand no longer triggers a "grunt" sound effect when it occurs."

That's all the patch notes say about any noise, so I am not 100% sure they are taking about the characteristic giggle/laugh that UH granted or they are talking about another accidental noise that occurred.

I would test this patch out myself, however BW is kinda silly in that they don't have a PTS character copy, so I don't feel like leveling an entirely new character just to test the patch out. Maybe I missed something, but so far I have yet to see a way to get a level 50 on the PTS without leveling one.

Not just that, unlike other games that allowed yout o copy the existing files over to the new folder to install PTS more quickly, the PTS install here has "test" assets. So you re-download everything from scratch :/

Edited by LexiCazam
IC - quote

Why on earth would they do this? In a game with a crappy UI such as this one, any other cues you can get to procs, etc are inavluable.

+1 on this. The visual cues there are in this game are lackluster and definitely not eyecatching - so the giggle helps. No giggle? No decent buff management.

Why on earth would they do this? In a game with a crappy UI such as this one, any other cues you can get to procs, etc are inavluable.

A Juggernaut probably complained about his Op healer constantly laughing, so bioware changed it.

That's all i've got.

/signed. Keep the giggle!! It's cheerful. I like it.

I don't understand. Can someone from BW please explain why they're removing it?

I've never seen one single post or thread complaining about the giggle. If there is one, I missed it. Yet there are countless, monsterously long threads on various subjects that they don't even comment on, much less do anything about. (cough....large vehicles on fleet...cough).

Did someone just casually mention it in the lunch room at BW one day and someone else said "oh yeah, that's annoying, let's get rid of it." ??

And it says they're removing the "grunt." What grunt? They don't even know what sound we actually make but they're going to remove it for whatever reason?

Seems to me the dev time could be better spent fixing things that actually need fixing, rather than "fixing" things that don't need it.

I agree, keep the giggle!

For one, I personally like it. It makes sense that my Smuggler (that I RP with) would start laughing to herself when she realises she has an advantage she can exploit to defeat an enemy... Or when she slaps a guy with her blaster butt, she's an evil mean Smugglerette! In terms of gameplay, UH is a very hard system to track. It's not like an ability where one can glance quickly to see if it's off cooldown, and having to find it amongst all your buffs/procs can be too distracting in a pvp scenario where one must keep an eye on the situation. It'd be a big decrease in quality of life to remove it.

At the very least, it'd be nice for Bioware to have some consensus on the issue. Look at the Tracer/Fusion Missiles' animation swap, that was entirely the community wanting something that suited their tastes more than Bioware's initial animation suited Bioware's tastes. Have a direct poll in the Scoundrel/Community/whatever forums saying "Do you want to keep the smuggler giggle": "Yes" "No" "Yes audible only to myself" and "Yes but with an option to turn it off in preferences".