1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then.... I'm not the only one! :)

But since the majority agreed that the new set armour are more or less ugly....

lets find out which one are the ugliest then...

I'm sith/inquisitor assassin and by all means this are the ugliest armour set

pve/pvp i mean nothing to do with star wars at all!! Where the heck did you got the

idea to put big horns in an armour set?!?! (pve-version)

what about the new ones...we gonna look like predators now!! :)

P.S.

I love this game.....looking forward the new patch!

Edited by zidor

With 64+ pages, 640+ posts, & over 47,737k views.... there should be some Dev feedback by now. Where oh where is Georg Zoeller, or Will Wallace? :rolleyes:

To quote the venerable Chevy Chase "Come on guys"

Those guys aren't the art team.

We never seem to get anything from the artists on the TOR forums. This is something else CoH does better.

Epic facepalm.... seems your are not a Star Wars fan.... ur just a wow fan... this is not wow, WoW has not done movies, nor the amount of toys, video games, books, collectibles, etc... SW is a universe, we like to feel we are in that universe...

Funny that you would mention that, considering you apparently don't know anything about the star wars universe if you think these sets don't look appropriate

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9116/1373825-swl1_super.jpg

Edited by VicSkimmr

Funny that you would mention that, considering you apparently don't know anything about the star wars universe if you think these sets don't look appropriate

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9116/1373825-swl1_super.jpg

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

Those comics are not canon and have nothing to do with the real star wars universe.

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.
Edited by Lord_Karsk

Those comics are not canon and have nothing to do with the real star wars universe.

I never said they were canon. None of your quotes describe item looks either.

In fact, these armor sets are C Canon just by being in this game, which is signed off on by Lucasarts. Guess what is also considered C Canon? The comics.

And even on top of that, Canon is mostly just to sort out issues with stories. It has little or nothing to do with the art design.

Edit: Plus, nearly all of the leveling gear is "iconic" star wars looking armor. To me, it makes sense to have the end game sets be over the top, even if I don't necessarily like some of the designs (jedi knight in particular).

Edited by VicSkimmr

I never said they were canon. None of your quotes describe item looks either.

In fact, these armor sets are C Canon just by being in this game, which is signed off on by Lucasarts. Guess what is also considered C Canon? The comics.

And even on top of that, Canon is mostly just to sort out issues with stories. It has little or nothing to do with the art design.

Edit: Plus, nearly all of the leveling gear is "iconic" star wars looking armor. To me, it makes sense to have the end game sets be over the top, even if I don't necessarily like some of the designs (jedi knight in particular).

What i dont understand is why someone like you have so much against that

most star wars fans playing this game want to wear iconic gears.We dont want to

look like idiots. And over the top may work with silly fantasy IPs like wow etc

but not with this crowd. Star wars is star wars not clowns on crack in a design

contest. :)

Edited by Lord_Karsk

What the hell is up with the DEV trying to make this into STAR WOW? It's Star Wars No jedis wear Over sized should pads, orange and white robes, even the sith, that new inquisitor looks like some sort of weird alien from some purple swamp! OMG. :mad:

What i dont understand is why someone like you have so much against that

most star wars fans playing this game want to wear iconic gears.We dont want to

look like idiots. And over the top may work with silly fantasy IPs like wow etc

but not with this crowd. Star wars is star wars not clowns on crack in a design

contest. :)

Did you just not pay attention to your gear all through your leveling experience? It's all iconic. Unless your deleted all of it, just put the mods in it and be happy.

I don't have anything against armor that looks like the plain jane stuff from the movies. Thankfully there is a multitude of that style armor in the game already. Is the art team supposed to be permanently confined to that style, just making slight alterations for years to come? Pick any class and I bet I could go find some armor that fits the movie style for it perfectly (inquisitor and consular aside since we only have 1 example of them in all of the movies).

All I'm saying, to sum up, is that the end game armor is completely in line with some of the non-movie based armor in the EU, and that makes sense. There should be armor designs that appeal to both audiences, and thankfully there is.

But feel free to continue moaning about one set of armor out of 100's available to you.

Edited by VicSkimmr

Did you just not pay attention to your gear all through your leveling experience? It's all iconic. Unless your deleted all of it, just put the mods in it and be happy.

I don't have anything against armor that looks like the plain jane stuff from the movies. Thankfully there is a multitude of that style armor in the game already. Is the art team supposed to be permanently confined to that style, just making slight alterations for years to come? Pick any class and I bet I could go find some armor that fits the movie style for it perfectly (inquisitor and consular aside since we only have 1 example of them in all of the movies).

No there is not if you are jedi or sith. Bring one pic i dare you to look.

Those patetic robes is not jedi robes. Same with mando armor.

Most people in this thread hate the armors in the game.I guess that means

the armors in this game looks like garbage and have nothing to do with the real star wars universe. Not the off canon universe that is made by fans.

I don't have anything against armor that looks like the plain jane stuff from the movies. Thankfully there is a multitude of that style armor in the game already. Is the art team supposed to be permanently confined to that style, just making slight alterations for years to come?

Actually yes, if they want this to be respected as a Star Wars game and attract people to play it on that basis. If they want to turn it into some space fantasy theme park with ludicrously overblown armour designs then they should just rebrand the game and be done with it. Would make it easier for those of who don't want to go in this direction to make a decision about sticking around.

There's a reason that catwalk fashion doesn't translate to the high street. Ultimately it's because it's not very stylish or practical, it's usually just some designer 'overstimulating themselves' to show what they can do. True fashion is a distillation of this. And so it should be with game art. At the moment these 1.2 armour designs are nothing more than the results of "artistic overstimulation" (I'm sure you get my meaning").

No there is not if you are jedi or sith. Bring one pic i dare you to look.

Those patetic robes is not jedi robes. Same with mando armor.

Most people in this thread hate the armors in the game.I guess that means

the armors in this game looks like garbage and have nothing to do with the real star wars universe. Not the off canon universe that is made by fans.

A good example is Malgus.. in my opinion his gear it looks awesome... same as his master in the intro movies... thats the type of gear I want to see, simple yet I identify myself as a sith or jedi or BH or whatever you roll... I bet Malgus would laugh in my face when I wear that armor (if I ever do).

A good example is Malgus.. in my opinion his gear it looks awesome... same as his master in the intro movies... thats the type of gear I want to see, simple yet I identify myself as a sith or jedi or BH or whatever you roll... I bet Malgus would laugh in my face when I wear that armor (if I ever do).

I wonder if there has been a large turn-over of staff in the art department since Malgus was designed...

Ok, conspiracy theory time. :rolleyes:

The beta armor is being saved to sell in the item shop, when the game goes free to play or the hybrid item shop model (like AoC). Thus why all the ugly armor that they “give” us, so we want to buy the nice items. Seems they devs really are Sith.

:eek:

Edited by TOGFelix

I wonder if there has been a large turn-over of staff in the art department since Malgus was designed...

or the concept art we saw pre-launch.

I just have a VERY hard time believing the same devs that made those early concepts are the same ones responsible for this current gear.

The scarier thought is that these designs made it all the way through to the game and no one apparently had any problems with their looks.

Rant Mode on:

Ok. Im really trying to here.... trying to be mature, and adult like. After all, this is just a game, its not like Im being forced to play it. I get that... I really do. However.....

Holy mother of all that walks, crawls, fly's, and teleports throughout the universe. What blind, comatose, flea infested fingerless artist designed the look on the Imperial Agent gear?

I mean comon. What in the nine levels of Kardasian Torture is that on the agents pve set? A mayan head dress? Seriously people, how in (censored) can you possibly (censored) justify this monkey poo flinging garbage as end level gear? Ive seen blind homeless people dress better.

Whoever is running the art department needs to be beaten. Severely. Tar and Featherd, and tied up, placed on the back end of a donkey, and ridden through the town center in abject shame.

For the love of all that is holy, could you possibly design a set of gear that looks like it belongs on an agent, rather than some designers five year old kid, who runs around his back yard with a strainer on his head, bike goggles on, and plastic picnic plates taped to his body.

There arent enough insults in the world to properly degrade this set of gear, that dont use a creative mix of profanity.

Rant Mode Off.

In short. I dont like them.

Rant Mode on:

Ok. Im really trying to here.... trying to be mature, and adult like. After all, this is just a game, its not like Im being forced to play it. I get that... I really do. However.....

Holy mother of all that walks, crawls, fly's, and teleports throughout the universe. What blind, comatose, flea infested fingerless artist designed the look on the Imperial Agent gear?

I mean comon. What in the nine levels of Kardasian Torture is that on the agents pve set? A mayan head dress? Seriously people, how in (censored) can you possibly (censored) justify this monkey poo flinging garbage as end level gear? Ive seen blind homeless people dress better.

Whoever is running the art department needs to be beaten. Severely. Tar and Featherd, and tied up, placed on the back end of a donkey, and ridden through the town center in abject shame.

For the love of all that is holy, could you possibly design a set of gear that looks like it belongs on an agent, rather than some designers five year old kid, who runs around his back yard with a strainer on his head, bike goggles on, and plastic picnic plates taped to his body.

There arent enough insults in the world to properly degrade this set of gear, that dont use a creative mix of profanity.

Rant Mode Off.

In short. I dont like them.

LMAO Epic post is Epic

I would say to take a look at this vid showing the various outfits from Force Unleashed and try to draw inspiration from that:

Looking at that video, all the outfits tend to keep the jedi/sith style intact. However, there is still enough of a difference between each outfit to make each one unique.

Maybe a good idea would be to make each outfit reflect a certain theme/planet, yet keep the base class's style intact. So for example:

Jedi + Hoth = Winter themed Jedi style outfit.

Jedi + Tatooine = Desert themed Jedi style outfit.

Jedi + Alderaan = Noble themed Jedi style outfit.

...and so on and so forth.

So yeah, creating a theme for each armor set might be something to look into. Just use the myriad planets/locations in the Star Wars universe and try to envision what each separate class would wear in an environment such as that.

Maybe a good idea would be to make each outfit reflect a certain theme/planet, yet keep the base class's style intact. So for example:

So yeah, creating a theme for each armor set might be something to look into. Just use the myriad planets/locations in the Star Wars universe and try to envision what each separate class would wear in an environment such as that.

Well, they are considered as "social gears"

However, it's definitely a +1 Very Nice idea.... again, where's the costume designer?

Anything away from, 'bugs/ antz life' themed costume.... seriously

I would say to take a look at this vid showing the various outfits from Force Unleashed and try to draw inspiration from that:

Looking at that video, all the outfits tend to keep the jedi/sith style intact. However, there is still enough of a difference between each outfit to make each one unique.

Yes that sounds like a perfectly good idea to me. When I first saw my Assassin T1 set I thought to myself "well Iam sure T2 will look better, it cant be possibly any worse then this" Then I was proven wrong, T2 Assassin is the most garbage armor Ive ever seen to date, its got skirt for males for one,and two there are blades all over it.

Why do Sith need blades on their outfits?

Spot on. These Force Unleashed outfits are exactly the sort of gear SWTOR should be aiming for. Stylish, functional and totally in keeping with the Star Wars theme, with Jedi and Sith visual integrity fully preserved. Bioware devs should take note of the lack of any stupid horns, spikes, blades and other ridiculous non-functional adornments. And also note how the colour schemes are stylish and co-ordinated, not like some gaudy plastic childs toy.

Edited by Cernow

Spot on. These Force Unleashed outfits are exactly the sort of gear SWTOR should be aiming for. Stylish, functional and totally in keeping with the Star Wars theme, with Jedi and Sith visual integrity fully preserved. Bioware devs should take note of the lack of any stupid horns, spikes, blades and other ridiculous non-functional adornments. And also note how the colour schemes are stylish and co-ordinated, not like some gaudy plastic childs toy.

Or at the very least provide both...the whatever the hell happened retarted looks we got and the actual star wars look alot of ppl want. I'd love stuff like in the force unleashed. Sadly I don't think bioware really well all they seem to want is to make whatever the **** they want. They are aiming for kotor not star wars...or it seems cause belts over robes...who the hell could possibly think thats not retarted...

All I'm saying, to sum up, is that the end game armor is completely in line with some of the non-movie based armor in the EU, and that makes sense. There should be armor designs that appeal to both audiences, and thankfully there is.

But feel free to continue moaning about one set of armor out of 100's available to you.

Just be a grown up and admit you were wrong, you look like an idiot trying to justify your first post.

Most of those armors have nothing to do with a hi tech setting or star wars.

Its fail design just like the end game armors that are inside the game right now.

( Assassin Cow Headgear )

Compare those armors with those found in force unleashed and you will see why some art teams are better than others....

Not everyone is equally skilled and talented.. And obviously someone in the armors art department should not work for bioware...