RIP Sorcs

Besta

I have healed many nightmare /hard operations many flashpoints and if i do my job i am always low on force , and since the regen is garbage i need to convert HP to MP, and force surge allowed me to gain MP, it was THE ABILITY TO BE A PVE HEALER

Without it, i dont realy see how we ( sorcerers) can heal, in pvp you die and run back its bad... but something, but in pve you cannot die and get back with full MP.

I am not talking about overall nerf of sorcs, wich is TOO HUGE, no more dps no more healz, but removing a force surge ability, wich allowed to gain mana, without HP cost is just a Headshot

I cannot realy imagine a person or team, who has such idea, its basicly a Murder of healing capability, i always knew( after SWTOR release), that bioware uses some hard drug for crazy ideas , how to kill the game even more, but this is over the top

I agree 100% we are going to be completely useless in long winded fights. I have healed many NM Ops and I'm already struggling with keeping my force up, and my no health cost consumption allows me to barely make it through. NOW, without that I'm forced to drain my life, which in turn can possibly kill me should i get hit by something AND now if I do this its going to require other healers to waste heals on me when they could be used on other raid members.

I don't care about any other change that has been made except this ONE. Bioware you are destroying PVE Healing Sorcs. Give me back my no health cost consumption, you are shooting us in the head.

Guess I wont be using consumption on my DPS sorc anymore since our healers will be needing those extra heals to heal themselves.

Not only did they nerf my DPS directly the nerfed it indirectly thanks to this.

GG bioware..

I am curious to see how the whole change to Force Bending will apply.

No more double heals, fair enough; we knew that one would come…

We do however loose some fast ‘big heal’ ability, changing the Force Bending to give 60% crit on Dark Heal is just going to put a strain on out Force Pool.

In tight boss fights I fear that I will not Force Bend my Dark Infusion for the 30% Force reduction. Using a global cooldown on Resurgence followed by a 2.5 sec Dark Infusion cast will probably not keep the Tank alive.

It won’t break the class as healer, but I sure am curious to see how well I’ll cope with the changes.

For the damage changes I guess it’s fair enough to remove Chain Lightning from Wrath Procs, not that I like it though!

We loose 6% damage AND 4% crit on Force Lightning – our bread a butter in most specs. I can see BIO want us to use a more complex rotation but that isn’t really going to help us anywhere else than on Boss fights now is it?

A big disappointment that the top tier talents Thundering Blast and Creeping Terror hasn’t been looked into, I really have a hard time justifying 31 points in any of these compared to the utility I can get from a neighbouring tree.

All in all I am quite disappointed; I just hope the nerf isn’t too noticeable in actual gameplay.

Edited by Deetroit

We do however loose some fast ‘big heal’ ability, changing the Force Bending to give 60% crit on Dark Heal is just going to put a strain on out Force Pool.

In tight boss fights I fear that I will not Force Bend my Dark Infusion for the 30% Force reduction. Using a global cooldown on Resurgence followed by a 2.5 sec Dark Infusion cast will probably not keep the Tank alive.

The main difference is that you are going to have to preemptively cast these abilities on the MT, and interrupt Dark Infusion if it's nearly finished casting and the MT doesn't need the healing. This is referred to as stop-casting.

Essentially, we change from a reactionary healing strategy to a proactive one.

Consider yourselves lucky. At least you'll get to see drawn out battles. With how completely gutted mercs are well be lucky to last the first minute before we're either heat capped for the rest of the fight, or our tank is already dead.

PVE is scripted, it's not that hard to adapt to skill changes.

Stop whining.

Sorc/Sage running around in pvp spamming aoe's/chain lightning without ever having to manage energy is a problem, more so because each and every other class has to.

PVE is scripted, it's not that hard to adapt to skill changes.

Stop whining.

Sorc/Sage running around in pvp spamming aoe's/chain lightning without ever having to manage energy is a problem, more so because each and every other class has to.

trolling? we have to manage energy, and they are nerfing it so we can't. unlike smugglers with near infinite energy.

I have other classes leveled, and i have no problem managing energy at all. in fact, i find that sorc has a harder time managing their energy in a heated fight than any other job(and we do LESS damage! go unjustified nerf!)

trolling? we have to manage energy, and they are nerfing it so we can't. unlike smugglers with near infinite energy.

Looks like it's time for you to roll a smuggler then! Enjoy our 'infinite energy' hahaha. Also you might notice that the survivability is ALOT lower, oh and the damage is too, oh and don't forget the healing too! Enjoy!

I am sure I speak for a massive percentage of players when I say:

Thank the gaming lords!

:D

The two most played AC's BY FAR got nerfed the hardest ... hmmm, couldn't see that coming.

Amen Brotha. Alll you Sorc's were just a bunch of sheep. Following the OP class was doomed to be nerfed...if you didnt see that, then you have your eyes shut tight. Enjoy the re-roll all!

Amen Brotha. Alll you Sorc's were just a bunch of sheep. Following the OP class was doomed to be nerfed...if you didnt see that, then you have your eyes shut tight. Enjoy the re-roll all!

Thanks for tarnishing us all with the same brush, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that isn't even vaguely true.

Some of us play Sorcerer because we prefer ranged classes, whether they're the most OP or not. And if you think this patch removes Sorcerer from the game by any margin, you would be wrong.

People operate under the assumption that the hybrid specs were the only determining factor in Sorc topping DPS. They weren't and they aren't. In 1.2 we lose a small amount of damage and crit on FL, but we gain 20% damage on Crushing Darkness, 6% damage on Affliction. The Wrath changes aren't a problem for Madness spec (which is where everyone is likely to go). Ergo... buff, not nerf.

All 1.2 will do is shift Sorcerers around a little and force them to relearn their cast sequence slightly. It WON'T stop them from pulling the numbers every complained about, although it'll bring them tumbling down in 1v1 fights for most people, I fear.

I am wondering if any of you even bothered to pay attention to the fact they said the 1.2 patch is not final, hence why it is on the test server. So if things are too severe, things should be noted during the testing.

Or are you guys just so negative that you completely ignore that fact and immediately run to the corner for a good old cry. Or you could spend the time to test first, put in your recommendations, then if they are not adjusted, then, and only then should you complain.

Or does that seem way too reasonable for MMO players.

Thanks for tarnishing us all with the same brush, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that isn't even vaguely true.

Some of us play Sorcerer because we prefer ranged classes, whether they're the most OP or not. And if you think this patch removes Sorcerer from the game by any margin, you would be wrong.

People operate under the assumption that the hybrid specs were the only determining factor in Sorc topping DPS. They weren't and they aren't. In 1.2 we lose a small amount of damage and crit on FL, but we gain 20% damage on Crushing Darkness, 6% damage on Affliction. The Wrath changes aren't a problem for Madness spec (which is where everyone is likely to go). Ergo... buff, not nerf.

All 1.2 will do is shift Sorcerers around a little and force them to relearn their cast sequence slightly. It WON'T stop them from pulling the numbers every complained about, although it'll bring them tumbling down in 1v1 fights for most people, I fear.

no, you are all sheep. Now that Sorc isnt OP..what are you ALL going to do??? Oh NOES!!!

I realize that the changes arn't permanent yet but with the test server if i am not mistaken there is no way to copy over a character setup as you have it on your current server which means it would be tough to test all of these changes as they impact both pve and pvp at level 50.

I for one played a heal sorc because thats usually what i play in MMOs as i am sure im not the only one. I didn't jump on the "OP class" bandwagon.

I bet if the changes stay as they are, all classes will be complaining, about the lack of healing in both pvp and pve from the changes to all healing spec classes.

Let's see....

New game. Patch 1.2. People crying over nerfs. Unbelievable.

Let me guess, you all thought that SWTOR was going to have the depth and balance of that older MMO we all played, but achieve it in three months. Yeeeeah. Smoke another bowl.

Or, have some patience, and rest assured that more patches and hotfixes will come to fix whatever problems you're QQ-ing about now.

In that "other" MMO, they're still tweaking things, so I don't know why there's so much hysteria; we should all be used to it. Try to find some perspective, people, please. That high pitched whine is giving me a headache.

Right on. That's exactly why I rolled a Sorcerer. I didn't even check to see who was kicking who's azz in OP because in a NEW FREAKING GAME, I know it's going to change. And change. And change. Ad infinitum.

All I knew was that I was comfortable playing a ranged caster in that other MMO, and that's what I wanted to start with here.

no, you are all sheep. Now that Sorc isnt OP..what are you ALL going to do??? Oh NOES!!!

Fony, the only sheep in your life are the ones you use as girlfriends. What are you, 13? The only thing OP is your trolling.

I am wondering if any of you even bothered to pay attention to the fact they said the 1.2 patch is not final, hence why it is on the test server. So if things are too severe, things should be noted during the testing.

Or are you guys just so negative that you completely ignore that fact and immediately run to the corner for a good old cry. Or you could spend the time to test first, put in your recommendations, then if they are not adjusted, then, and only then should you complain.

Or does that seem way too reasonable for MMO players.

It might seem reasonable if they had ever changed the notes from PTS prior to moving it to live in the past...

Have they... Ever..?