Can a Chiss and a Mirialan be in the same Legacy?

DarthKeredias

My main is a Mirialan Sage and I want to create his own legacy of Mirialans, however, I also want to make a Chiss legacy while still staying in the same server. Is it possible to combine both a Mirialan legacy and a Chiss legacy together? Even if they aren't related?

My main is a Mirialan Sage and I want to create his own legacy of Mirialans, however, I also want to make a Chiss legacy while still staying in the same server. Is it possible to combine both a Mirialan legacy and a Chiss legacy together? Even if they aren't related?

Just think of them as adopted siblings, with a Hutt daddy and a Wookie mommy that adopted them. :D

I can imagine the years of theapy incoming for them. :p

Edited by Andryah

I'm confused as to what you're question is, the legacy is tied to whichever character first ended their chapter 1 class story. 1 account, 1 server, 1 legacy per server. I have mades characters of all races and they all share the same "legacy". not sure what you're asking here.

He wants two "families." He doesn't want to use the same same for both a Chiss & a Mirialan because that doesn't even make sense.

OP, no, this is not possible, even though it should be.

I'm confused as to what you're question is, the legacy is tied to whichever character first ended their chapter 1 class story. 1 account, 1 server, 1 legacy per server. I have mades characters of all races and they all share the same "legacy". not sure what you're asking here.

Like I want to create a legacy started by a Mirialan but I also want my legacy to include a Chiss character even though he isn't related at all to the Mirialan.

Like I want to create a legacy started by a Mirialan but I also want my legacy to include a Chiss character even though he isn't related at all to the Mirialan.

Your Chiss will be part of the same legacy. You have no choice. You legacy has nothing to do with the race of the first character to reach legacy, nor with the race of any alts that follow.

Consider it a gang, or an association, rather than a family. It also ignores faction.

This you can do. You just have to ignore the legacy system. I cannot do what is in your first post (make two different legacies on the same server).

This you can do. You just have to ignore the legacy system. I cannot do what is in your first post (make two different legacies on the same server).

Darth Keredias,

Think of your Legacy Name more as your own sub-faction, or cartel, or whatever.

This is why you have the option of displaying your legacy name below your character name as in: <The {legacy name} Legacy>

The "main" character can be the originator of the Legacy/sub-faction/cartel/etc. And you can have "allies" in the branching system. Not ALL of your characters have to be related.

So you could have ALL of you republic toons be Mirialan and have say ONE chiss who is an "allie" of your Legacy. All the Mirialans could display [Character Name] {Legacy Name} to show familial ties while the Chiss could have [Character Name] and fly the legacy under his Name as stated above.

Does this help with what you would like to do?

is it? or is it based on the one you're logged in as when you create your legacy (which might not be that same character)

So you could have ALL of you republic toons be Mirialan and have say ONE chiss who is an "allie" of your Legacy. All the Mirialans could display [Character Name] {Legacy Name} to show familial ties while the Chiss could have [Character Name] and fly the legacy under his Name as stated above.

The only way to do this is to change the setting everytime you switch characters. This setting stays with each character, e.g. if you set it on character #1 so it shows Legacy Name then when any character logs in the will all have Name {Legacy Name}. You have to manually change it each time you switch characters if you want it displayed differently on each one.

Now if this changes during a patch or update that would be great. I love the fact that some preferences apply to all characters and other need to be changed/set for each one but it seems that ones you want to be dynamic instead of static aren't that way.

The only way to do this is to change the setting everytime you switch characters. This setting stays with each character, e.g. if you set it on character #1 so it shows Legacy Name then when any character logs in the will all have Name {Legacy Name}. You have to manually change it each time you switch characters if you want it displayed differently on each one.

Now if this changes during a patch or update that would be great. I love the fact that some preferences apply to all characters and other need to be changed/set for each one but it seems that ones you want to be dynamic instead of static aren't that way.

Actually that is not true. My main show's [Character Name] {Legacy Name} Title and all my alts on that server are [Character Name] Title <The {Legacy Name} Legacy> flying underneith Character Name and Above Guild Name.

It can be set for each character not just for entire server.

Edit:Hmmm ... reread. Yes I had to set manunally on each toon. But it was persistent and I didn't have to change each time I logged in on a particular toon.

:D

Edited by Urael

The whole legacy idea is a bit forced anyway. There's no way some of my characters would want anything to do with each other, because of alignment, faction, personality, choices they've made etc. So it's hard to see why they would want to share a name or be part of some extended gang or family.

I do like the idea of all your characters contributing to some kind of 'pool' of experience that can be used to obtain perks. But I don't like the legacy name / surname aspect of it. I'd like some of my characters to have their own surnames.

Edited by Cernow

I see no reason why different races/species can't share the same legacy name. Even if your characters hate each other and are at war with each other, they can be of the same legacy. Perhaps their name originated a thousand years ago with various interspecies relationships thrown in over time.

In the real world, many people share the same ancestry and have no clue who each other is.

I have a zabrak sith assassin and a green tattooed scoundrel (don't remember the race name). Somewhere in their past they have a common ancestor.

Edited by Lsya