The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shadow/Assassins - what can they not do?

Dee-Jay

No, I quote then you later edit because your rage induced posts are not well thoughtout.

You lose this argument either way.

If you're a good player you will put up good numbers and in the process you will either admit your class has the ability to keep its cake and eat it too(or at the very least lead other people to come to that conclusion.) If you're not a good player your numbers will be poor and the argument that your class is balanced because of these poor numbers will be shown to be absurd(given that there exist competent players to use as a benchmark).

You're losing this argument bro. I would just quit now and try to recover some of your dignity.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll quote myself again. "You simply cannot make a single post in here without including lies".

I'll leave it to others to decide. I never cried nerf here about anything or anyone. That's you Mr. "Powertech's can only DPS", crying nerf to something you have never played. I find your entire point of view absurd. This game is well balanced and piss poor players like you are going to drag it through the mud because you fail at it and come here looking for Dev's to give you an unfair advantage to fix your lack of player skills.

Says the one who thinks their 100k-300k damage as a tank sin/shadow is exceptional and is the upper limit of what the class can reach(which has been shown to be wrong).

In any event I think I read that you are quitting, why are you so mad that your class needs some balance adjustments considering you wont even be playing?

Edited by LoKiei

Says the one who thinks their 100k-300k damage as a tank sin/shadow is exceptional and is the upper limit of what the class can reach(which has clearly shown to be wrong).

In any event I think I read that you are quitting, why are you so mad that your class needs some balance adjustments considering you wont even be playing?

Why are you so mad that you can't beat a Shadow?

Also, your vaunted numbers and pics prove nothing. For all we know that Shadow in your SS was beating on a healer who had a guard up the whole match. I could easily do that on my Sentinel and end up with like 800k.

Says the one who thinks their 100k-300k damage as a tank sin/shadow is exceptional and is the upper limit of what the class can reach(which has been shown to be wrong).

That is NOT what I said nor implied. You fail at both playing and reading apparently. I said "AVERAGE", do you know what this means? I even bolded and underlined it in the post you are referring to just in case you tried skipping it as you have with every post I've made. You quote 1 line and the spew nonsense.

I am quitting for totally different reasons than Class balance. I am quitting due to lack of meaningful end game PvP. Something you obviously have no clue nor concept of. Furthermore, I am appalled by the horrible customer service of this company which again has nothing to do with class balance. I have stated since day one in each of my posts that Assassins are balanced, along with all the other classes here (even when it was cool to call assassins the gimpest class in game, predating Mara as the gimpest class in game). There was a period where Ops were a bit Op with the buff stacking n all but that was quickly remedied.

I have a full account of alts and pvp'd exclusively on each. They are almost all valor capped (did some power leveling with a friend who joined which threw one of them out of whack but they are close to valor cap). Not once on any alt have I had a problem killing any other class in this game. I have a problem with tools like you filling this forum with cry baby nonsense in hopes of getting classes that are the rock to your scissors nerfed because you fail at playing. I could give a rats *** about your opinion otherwise. See below for a tally on our "debate". Perhaps you should listen to them.

You're losing this argument bro. I would just quit now and try to recover some of your dignity.

^^

Edited by Aethyrprime

Why are you so mad that you can't beat a Shadow?

Also, your vaunted numbers and pics prove nothing. For all we know that Shadow in your SS was beating on a healer who had a guard up the whole match. I could easily do that on my Sentinel and end up with like 800k.

A couple things, first would it be reachable as a tank spec? I doubt it. Secondly note the kill count.

The problem is not that sins/shadows do damage, it is that they do damage while being tanks and having a number of escape-death abilities including stealth and forcerun.

I have faith that this issue will be addressed, upperend pvp players see these problems before the general population catches on, if it is not addressed in 1.2 it will be in a patch after.

Edited by LoKiei

A couple things, first would it be reachable as a tank spec? I doubt it. Secondly note the kill count.

The problem is not that sins/shadows do damage, it is that they do damage while being tanks and having a number of escape-death abilities including stealth and forcerun.

I have faith that this issue will be addressed, upperend pvp players see these problems before the general population catches on, if it is not addressed in 1.2 it will be in a patch after.

1. Yes, it's reachable as a tank (especially one in DPS gear) in a long match if all you do is sit on a healer. Also, prove he was tank specced. DPS specced shadows can still put out decent protection.

2. Show me killing blows, not kills. Even healers in that match had a bunch of kills. Why? Because kills =/= killing blows

3. I doubt you're an upperend PvPer and labeling yourself as one or implying that you are means you aren't.

4. Vanish isn't perma stealth, force speed is easily negated by a quick root.

You don't even know the class bro.

Edited by nschlan

Keep dreaming and lyin.. What is this "magical tank" of which you speak? Please do explain these magic abilities? Hmm? The 6s of immunity every minute? Or the 6s of 50% chance to dodge (3min CD) (both of which are available to the dps spec and not exclusive to the tank spec)? Really? Compared to oh you know a Marauder who can negate 95% of the damage for 12s is it? Yet still be one of the highest DPS in the game? Reallly now? Realllly? I'm not sayin anything is wrong with a mara.. but please get your facts straight before you try to cry nerf.

Btw.. Usually, the lowest of the low come to the forums and cry about things they don't understand and then pray and hope that enough other baddies will follow suit and also cry loudly enough to make the company nerf something that doesn't need to be nerfed simply because they fail. This has been proven true over and over and over and over and over in gaming history. It is usually the "Upperend pvp players" who say "****'s fine man PBKAC" because they know damn good and well there's nothing wrong. Go ahead.. roll an assassin, spec for tanking and show me your amazing skills. I dare you. :cool:

{EDIT} And do you know what it takes for a tankasin to get "amazing numbers?" Blobs.. Yes that's right a group of people all stacked up together. Do you know why? Because our "big damage numbers" come from aoe's (Wither 7s CD / Death Field 15s CD), Even tho those two abilities are not going to be the deciding factor in wiping the other team. My tank is specc'd for Control not DPS, because I find it more useful in a warzone to disable a person while my team kills someone else. Most rounds I am spending most of my time using Insta Whirlwind, Spike, Electrocute, Force slow and taunts. I toss out DF every time it's off CD even vs 1 target because it hits nicely and when talented properly doesn't bring my force bar down to almost empty like almost every other attack we have that does any damage at all. You really do need to learn to play before you try to whine.

Edited by Aethyrprime

1. Yes, it's reachable as a tank (especially one in DPS gear) in a long match if all you do is sit on a healer. Also, prove he was tank specced. DPS specced shadows can still put out decent protection.

2. Show me killing blows, not kills. Even healers in that match had a bunch of kills. Why? Because kills =/= killing blows

3. I doubt you're an upperend PvPer and labeling yourself as one or implying that you are means you aren't.

4. Vanish isn't perma stealth, force speed is easily negated by a quick root.

You don't even know the class bro.

Assuming what you wrote is actually possible, that is for a jug to do 800k damage in tank spec(which I highly doubt) I would also find that highly imbalanced but not quite to the level of Sin/Shadow given that jugs don't have any escape methods.

Few sins/shadows play dps spec and you know the reason why? Because the damage gain is minor compared to the tanking tree which provides more then enough damage.

The kill count is mentioned to demonstrate the person didn't attack a single healer the whole round which you implied.

Resolve is normally full by the time force run is used and vanish doesn't need to provide perma stealth to be of huge advantange in this setting. That said both forcerun and vanish aren't the main problem.

The problem is very simple, the game is designed so that if you want to do damage, you cannot tank and if you want to tank you cannot do damage. As it currently is shadows/sins can do both quite well.

Assassin

Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break Stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.

Madness (Assassin)

Raze's activation effects are now more visible.

The Force in Balance no longer heals the caster if no targets are hit.

This is from the 1.2 patch notes awwww we didn't even get a point refund.

Pvp is not about 1 vs 1 if you fight a tank alone you will die.

Assuming what you wrote is actually possible, that is for a jug to do 800k damage in tank spec(which I highly doubt) I would also find that highly imbalanced but not quite to the level of Sin/Shadow given that jugs don't have any escape methods.

Few sins/shadows play dps spec and you know the reason why? Because the damage gain is minor compared to the tanking tree which provides more then enough damage.

The kill count is mentioned to demonstrate the person didn't attack a single healer the whole round which you implied.

Resolve is normally full by the time force run is used and vanish doesn't need to provide perma stealth to be of huge advantange in this setting. That said both forcerun and vanish aren't the main problem.

The problem is very simple, the game is designed so that if you want to do damage, you cannot tank and if you want to tank you cannot do damage. As it currently is shadows/sins can do both quite well.

You are ridiculous. Who the hell is talking about 800k as a tank spec? And btw, Juggs don't use their tank spec for anything. Oh and Juggs do have escape methods, but hey, you're obviously a god like pro and know everything, so who am I to tell you you're an idiot?

Kill count is not accurate at all for individuals you child. 70 something kills? He sure as hell didn't get them. He could easily sit on a healer the whole time and get those numbers. You have yet to prove otherwise. Like I said, healers in that match got a ton of kills, thus proving it doesn't reflect your individual kill count.

Resolve isn't affected by roots. Your failure to grasp even the most basic of mechanics is laughable. Next fail troll please.

Edited by nschlan

Are you joking or trolling or do you really believe the nonsense you post? Juggs have no escape methods? WTH? o_O Cause force leap x2 is useless in pvp.. riiiiight..

The reason most people don't play a deception assassin is because they are a MELEE CLOTH WEARER with no boost to base AR (which is the only advantage of using Dark Charge beyond enabling taunts to save others).. DUH??? This has nothing to do with DPS output and everything to do with being the squishiest least survivable of all the dps specc's in game.

The kill count shows that most of this damage was done through use of aoes... as Kills are based on doing "ANY" amount of damage to a target before it dies.

Force Leap > Force Speed any day.

This game is not "that simple", since Tanks can do dmg and healers can do dmg and and and and.. This is not WoW, stop wishing it was. Just go back to WoW.

Assassin

Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break Stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.

Madness (Assassin)

Raze's activation effects are now more visible.

The Force in Balance no longer heals the caster if no targets are hit.

This is from the 1.2 patch notes awwww we didn't even get a point refund.

Pvp is not about 1 vs 1 if you fight a tank alone you will die.

Damnit you beat me too it.. Was just about to post that here to show him how wrong he was about what's in store.. They fixed a tool tip, changed a graphical effect and requires hitting something to get the heal effect, which actually I'm fine with since it makes sense.

You are ridiculous. Who the hell is talking about 800k as a tank spec? And btw, Juggs don't use their tank spec for anything. Oh and Juggs do have escape methods, but hey, you're obviously a god like pro and know everything, so who am I to tell you you're an idiot?

Kill count is not accurate at all for individuals you child. 70 something kills? He sure as hell didn't get them. He could easily sit on a healer the whole time and get those numbers. You have yet to prove otherwise. Like I said, healers in that match got a ton of kills, thus proving it doesn't reflect your individual kill count.

Resolve isn't affected by roots. Your failure to grasp even the most basic of mechanics is laughable. Next fail troll please.

Seriously spot on post.

Sorry I thought Jug was the mirror to sentinel, your comparison is much more odd now given that sentinels mirror is marauder.

You stated before that one could do 800k damage with a sentinel by hitting a healer throughout a warzone, I doubt that but even then the survivability would be significantly below that of shadow/sin tank which is exactly my point.

I believe Kill counts are given if you have done significant damage to an individual or healed a player who has done significant damage to an individual. I don't believe you get a kill count by simply touching enemy players.

Given that the person in the screenshot did minor healing and large amounts of damage, it is clear that their kill counts were from doing significant amounts of damage to enemy players.

You are correct on resolve, I was thinking of stuns, not roots.

Anyway you're avoiding the very basic or core idea of this whole argument and that is that if you tank, you should do significantly less damage and if you are dps, you cannot tank. As said before it is clear that shadow/sin can do both, which is the problem.

Ok I'll preface this by saying I don't play a Shadow/Assassin myself but I think the class has got a hell of a lot of utility piled into it.

I recall a Shadow:

-Pulling me away

-AoE Knockback

-Invisibility

-Brief immunity to tech and force attacks

-(self healing - not sure about that)

-Guard

-Sprint

-Powerful burst damage

-And then the usual snares and CC most classes have.

Not to QQ, but that sounds rather overpowered in my book. How the hell did they end up with so much utility?

It isn't unbalanced because they were designed to be a utility class. The whole point of assassin is control either through their mobility or CC options. Assassin is actually the most well balanced class IMO it seems like they can do alot of things well but they don't exceed at anything. Very rarely will you ever see an assassin top the damage charts. I play tank spec and I always have the most protection but I think that is purely due to utilizing my taunts effectively rather than Assassin being able to damage soak.

Also the force shroud immunity to force is only 5 sec on a 45 sec CD it is far from OP and they really need it because without it they get torn apart like paper by force and tech.

Sorry I thought Jug was the mirror to sentinel, your comparison is much more odd now given that sentinels mirror is marauder.

You stated before that one could do 800k damage with a sentinel by hitting a healer throughout a warzone, I doubt that but even then the survivability would be significantly below that of shadow/sin tank which is exactly my point.

I believe Kill counts are given if you have done significant damage to an individual or healed a player who has done significant damage to an individual. I don't believe you get a kill count by simply touching enemy players.

Given that the person in the screenshot did minor healing and large amounts of damage, it is clear that their kill counts were from doing significant amounts of damage to enemy players.

You are correct on resolve, I was thinking of stuns, not roots.

Anyway you're avoiding the very basic or core idea of this whole argument and that is that if you tank, you should do significantly less damage and if you are dps, you cannot tank. As said before it is clear that shadow/sin can do both, which is the problem.

More nonsense.. :rolleyes:

Kill counts are awarded based on any damage really.. I get kill counts for using force slow.. which never has hit over 500dmg.. That means that wither (5 targets) would grant 5 kills if each player hit dies... even tho the attack does very little damage to each target. The minor healing is in such small quantities it's barely noticeable in combat. 100-500 hps every 6s is OP? I think not.

Anyway you are avoiding the very basic core idea of this whole argument and that is that this is NOT World of Warcraft. The Dev's acknowledged early on that they did not want to directly copy the failure that is tanking in that game. Tanks do **** damage compared to a pure DPS and have NO viable healing abilities. They have limited survival boosts over non tank classes and tanking stats are nigh garbage in pvp.

Just give it up already, you lost, got spanked and are coming back for more.. you in to BD/SM or something? :eek:

Edited by Aethyrprime

More nonsense.. :rolleyes:

Kill counts are awarded based on any damage really.. I get kill counts for using force slow.. which never has hit over 500dmg.. That means that wither (5 targets) would grant 5 kills if each player hit dies... even tho the attack does very little damage to each target. The minor healing is in such small quantities it's barely noticeable in combat. 100-500 hps every 6s is OP? I think not.

Anyway you are avoiding the very basic core idea of this whole argument and that is that this is NOT World of Warcraft. The Dev's acknowledged early on that they did not want to directly copy the failure that is tanking in that game. Tanks do **** damage compared to a pure DPS and have NO viable healing abilities. They have limited survival boosts over non tank classes and tanking stats are nigh garbage in pvp.

Just give it up already, you lost, got spanked and are coming back for more.. you in to BD/SM or something? :eek:

I will have to see an actual post in regards to what counts/does not count as a kill. I doubt doing 500 damage is sufficent.

See the problem is Shadow/Sin tanks do quite good damage, as has been demonstrated and will be demonstrated in the future. Shadow/Sins also have significantly greater survival boosts then the other tanks in this game.

If this was a global issue with tanks, you would see Jugs be focused on but they are not, because their abilities are not unbalanced.

I'm not sure how you define loseing but I don't believe I have lost anything.

It will be highly informative to watch ranked warzones/published ranked warzone data. I suggest you watch future patches closely.

I disagree.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4096/screenshot2012031601140.jpg

That's nothing my guild mate pulls 500K constantly on his Jedi Sentinel and he isn't even full champ gear yet.

Shadows are fine they just seem op in the hands of a good player, just like every other class

I will have to see an actual post in regards to what counts/does not count as a kill. I doubt doing 500 damage is sufficent.

See the problem is Shadow/Sin tanks do quite good damage, as has been demonstrated and will be demonstrated in the future. Shadow/Sins also have significantly greater survival boosts then the other tanks in this game.

If this was a global issue with tanks, you would see Jugs be focused on but they are not, because their abilities are not unbalanced.

I'm not sure how you define loseing but I don't believe I have lost anything.

It will be highly informative to watch ranked warzones/published ranked warzone data. I suggest you watch future patches closely.

You can test this for yourself. Just hit someone with a single "free" attack (approx 500 dmg) and then stand back and watch.. you still get kill credit.

There is no problem. It's in your head and guess what.. Juggs are being balanced, SINS ARE FINE. Read the *********** patch notes yourself. ASSASSINS ARE NOT BEING CHANGED!!

Assassins do NOT have "significantly greater survival boosts" than any other tank in this game. If anything they are the squishiest since no other tank loses as much when attacked by more than one target than an assassin. But since you have NO understanding of how things work I can assume you don't understand how Dark Ward works? 8 charges (hits) before losing a massive amount of their primary defense (absorb), they are lacking in all other areas without gear, something the "other" tanks don't have to deal with. Armor Rating and Defense Chance are the most valuable stats in PvP and an assassin has the worst in both categories. Try again please. If you consider the ability to vanish as a major survival boost, you are silly.

I'm not even the first person to tell you you lost or futilely tried to explain why you lost:

^^ See above.

Read the patch notes yourself.. they are there for all to see here.. let me do you a flavor..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=3463266&postcount=2

Go ahead and check it out.. Assassins are I think the only class NOT being nerfed or boosted in anyway.. Do you know what this means? The Dev's agree they are the "Balanced class", which is what everyone has been trying to tell you for several pages here. Get over it.

Edited by Aethyrprime

I disagree.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4096/screenshot2012031601140.jpg

Wow, a screenshot of a Voidstar fight, where it's just one big AoE fest. doing 300k is mediocre at best.

Besides, having 2 healers who do more then 500k (614k and 506k), healing makes this statement even more solid.

With a pocket healer, especially 2, it's easy mode for ANY class.

And.. if you swap to the correct type of stance you can also "GASP" guard/taunt and get "crazy protection numbers". You are just trolling because your class / spec choice is the one that so many people have complained about that even the Dev's have mentioned a nerf is incoming. Don't think you are fooling anyone with your nonsense.

This thread has 10 pages of people telling the OP how wrong they are.. with 1 or 2 bad players every so many pages trying to defend the OP.

Also, you just "can't" seem to post even once without including some misinformation or lies. No massive damage reduction abilities? Really? Just because you aren't using them doesn't mean they don't exist. No assassins have significant self healing. We are extremely dependent on stealth and force speed because "GASP" we are melee. While you can sit back and dps all you want from a distance. Good grief Charlie Brown..

I may not be the #1 assassin on all servers but I would wager I am in the top 3% seeing as I have rarely ever come up short on the score board. Shall I make an entire folder of round endings for you showing the extreme gamut of this? I posted that image before this last patch cycle. Things have changed since then and my gear is waaay better.

Even though I agree with the rest, the thought that a scoreboard with high numbers and MVP votes equals being a good player is wrong.

What about being a defender on a door/turret with rare income of enemies?

What about just peeling off players from your ballcarrier instead of joining the zerg?

What about just kiting/slowing/cc-ing enemies while your teammates cap/score?

If you are referring to 1v1 situations, then we both know it's even more void and insignificant.

Besides, for example in huttball, it's wiser sometimes wiser NOT to kill players far behind your ballcarrier, since they will respawn again IN FRONT of him. Kiting, slowing, cc-ing them or outliving them is then a better option.

The same thing happened in WoW with random people placing BG scores on the forums. Huge numbers and still they lost (not saying you lose everything, but you get the point).

Being a good player in any MMO has nothing to do with just high numbers. So coming up with being top 3% like this is void, since there is no way of comparing anything but a scoreboard and 1v1 situations against...pugs.

I never cared for high scores, unless I was playing high end PvE, where DPS races are a must most of the time besides positioning and most important, staying alive.

yeah I can admit that with full DPS gear our damage output can be nuts. As of now there really is no reason why not to run the tank spec.

isnt what the DPS gear is for ? i mean yes with it u can do good dmg but if ur playing the darkness assasin as tank with tank gear like i did ur dmg wont be high at all unless ur hiting someone with no expertise on

so if they nerf darnkess only because someone is using dps gear and is killing badies with no problem they will fk up the players who are playing as tanks

the only and simple solution is to restrict the dps gear from beign used in tank spec

this way all tanks will tank and no1 will cry about it

Even though I agree with the rest, the thought that a scoreboard with high numbers and MVP votes equals being a good player is wrong.

What about being a defender on a door/turret with rare income of enemies?

What about just peeling off players from your ballcarrier instead of joining the zerg?

What about just kiting/slowing/cc-ing enemies while your teammates cap/score?

If you are referring to 1v1 situations, then we both know it's even more void and insignificant.

Besides, for example in huttball, it's wiser sometimes wiser NOT to kill players far behind your ballcarrier, since they will respawn again IN FRONT of him. Kiting, slowing, cc-ing them or outliving them is then a better option.

The same thing happened in WoW with random people placing BG scores on the forums. Huge numbers and still they lost (not saying you lose everything, but you get the point).

Being a good player in any MMO has nothing to do with just high numbers. So coming up with being top 3% like this is void, since there is no way of comparing anything but a scoreboard and 1v1 situations against...pugs.

I never cared for high scores, unless I was playing high end PvE, where DPS races are a must most of the time besides positioning and most important, staying alive.

Believe me when I say I am not basing my belief on scoreboards alone. I am setup for CC which if you check one of my later posts I clearly state I spend most of my time using whirlwind, spike, electrocute, force slow, etc.. I am setup for one purpose and one purpose only.. control. And I play it very well. I will win the round for my team in many thankless ways as you mentioned. I have said it many times in huttball.. "STOP KILLING THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE BALLCARRIER!" :p It rarely has any effect.. people are not very situationally aware. I love this class because it awards a situationally aware player. Removing 3 people from a fight in 3 gcd's and taunting > dps any day so I fully agree with you there. :)

Edited by Aethyrprime