Shadow/Assassins - what can they not do?

Dee-Jay

People might need to get gear then. My 27/0/14 Shadow can't hit anyone over 3.5K if they have gear.

In order to get a good spec'd Shadow you have to devote a lot of time to get all the right mods/gear. And yes, the payout is amazing. But it's not anything to cry nerf about. Their hardest hitting attack is a channeled ability and is super easy to stun or knock them back out of it.

Edited by AMKSED

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best argument is in red

I dont have my gear super modded out, but wouldn't you loose the damage reduction and defense if you swap out the defense/absorb mods for power/crit/surge?

Since I do not use a Shield gen I do not need Absorb. So I was looking at other AC gear and noticed that the JK Guardian BM gear had these cool END/DEF/SURGE Enhancements on them. So I swapped those in where the Absorb mods were. In turn getting rid of a stat that I am not using and boosting my DPS by quite a bit. I still had 41% Damage Reduction and 22% Defenst on my gear along with 30% Crit and 76% Surge rating.

Since I do not use a Shield gen I do not need Absorb. So I was looking at other AC gear and noticed that the JK Guardian BM gear had these cool END/DEF/SURGE Enhancements on them. So I swapped those in where the Absorb mods were. In turn getting rid of a stat that I am not using and boosting my DPS by quite a bit. I still had 41% Damage Reduction and 22% Defenst on my gear along with 30% Crit and 76% Surge rating.

Oh yeah, I have been getting boned hard in the BM token department so I guess i have not had a chance to get those mods, or any gear for that matter lol.

I suggest trying it when you happen to get the tokens. It is very powerful, mind you "powerful" not godly. There are plenty of times where you will get out played. With the limited self-healing, you have to play smart and really know what your opponent can do to you. Almost like a Triage situation you need to prioritize who you deal with first. If I have a healer or another Kinetic specd Shadow, we can hold against a great opposition. Cross-Taunting and Guard swapping is so much fun. I really enjoy this class. I am not biased however. It is not the only one I play I have another lvl 50 which i mainly run Operations with.

-Lonestar/Dalamar

Edited by marzieus

I suggest trying it when you happen to get the tokens. It is very powerful, mind you "powerful" not godly. There are plenty of times where you will get out played. With the limited self-healing, you have to play smart and really know what your opponent can do to you. Almost like a Triage situation you need to prioritize who you deal with first. If I have a healer or another Kinetic specd Shadow, we can hold against a great opposition. Cross-Taunting and Guard swapping is so much fun. I really enjoy this class. I am not biased however. It is not the only one I play I have another lvl 50 which i mainly run Operations with.

-Lonestar/Dalamar

I just have not been modding out gear like crazy as I use the shield generator over focus (I just think in the long run it works better for me) so getting dps mods have not been a priority for me.

I also love this class, I do think it needs some balance and am looking forward to how Bioware goes about it and I will continue playing no matter what happens.

Kill healers which might be the most important thing in the game thats what they can not do.

It goes like this.

Tank>dps>healer>tank>dps>healer>tank

I dunno how much more blance you want then that and thats 1vs 1 which is what EVERYONE seems to want to blance the game around......duels.

Havent played in a week or so- but Assassin can KILL Healers, -But it takes 5 minutes to kill one.

Havent played in a week or so- but Assassin can KILL Healers, -But it takes 5 minutes to kill one.

I would not say 5 minutes to kill one well maybe a well played one. If I time my cooldowns right I can get one down mmm decently fast. If anything and you cant get one down, you have pretty much stopped that healer from helping their team since they will be healing themselves non stop.

Assuming there's no terrain/elevation obstruction for the healer to hide behind, an Assassin can heal an Op or a Sorc healer quite quickly depending on the spec. Merc healers are borderline immortal and everyone needs a lot of time to kill one.

I would not say 5 minutes to kill one well maybe a well played one. If I time my cooldowns right I can get one down mmm decently fast. If anything and you cant get one down, you have pretty much stopped that healer from helping their team since they will be healing themselves non stop.

Well 3 1/2 minutes, and minute to chace the guy down, ~ in case you where wondering he was a good healer (player) still cant believe i got that time free to solo kill him, - i got a MPV for that :D

I disagree.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4096/screenshot2012031601140.jpg

Thats nice. Picture says everything, that ur enemy was good enough to try to zerg ur healer and ur 2 healer were even better to stay alive.

This protection number can only be reached by good enemy and even better teammates. I wish I could play games like this on my server but 95% we roflpwn them, they dont even try to take down my healer most of the time.

My stats, (self buffed, no group buffs) and well as far as damage is concerned looks like Kinetic spec with the right mods and such does good. I wasn't Guarding a healer just throwing out taunts and annoying healers.

http://i.imgur.com/8ayKj.jpg

I will probably get the wow your stats suck tells but I do very well in the PVP setting.

-Lonestar/Dalamar

Edited by marzieus

Oh look pve game has baddies who think shadows need a nerf.

Just wait until rated wz, that tune will change.

Stop dying 1v1 to a shadow/sin and cryin nerf. In good group pvp they are balanced.

It's just this game has so many keyboard turning terribads that can't see a strong utility class is supposed to be awesome for pvp. Derp.

I have a 50 shadow and an up and coming assassin - they seem pretty balanced to me, but I run as a DPS in DPS gear. I hear that tanking in DPS gear is off the show and needs nerfing.

This is patently false. Nothing in the game is in need of nerfing. Don't go repeating the battle whines of bad players. The sky is still not falling.

Assassins cannot do anything against a well geared commando / merc healer. Tankassassin+another vs 2 healers will result in a stalemate until the healers get backup. In ranked you'd better believe teams will have a boat load of healers and assassins can't do much about that.

Shadow/Assassins can NOT do great single target burst DPS in their tank spec even with "DPS" gear. The DPS spec with DPS gear is a Healer killer and is amazing burst when setup correctly but that is FAR TOO WEAK in it's current state and hopefully being fixed.

This is patently false. Nothing in the game is in need of nerfing. Don't go repeating the battle whines of bad players. The sky is still not falling.

There are things that need nerfing. It's conditional in an MMO. However, CLASSES and SPECS don't need nerfing, just certain skills and talents. Only thing I would change at all (and even then only slight adjustments) is a DPS Powertech/Vanguard's ability to 3 shot BM players, but even then, it's not a huge, game breaking issue.

Edited by nschlan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.