Redesign Body Type 4

Halofax

Hey Bioware,

I'm not an RPer or anything, but Body Type 4 needs to be redone. Immediately.

No one in the game needs to be obese to the point where they couldnt perform the physical acts of their character. The only people who use body type 4 are kids who think being fat is funny. It isnt funny, it is cartoony and unrealistic.

I'm sorry but when i see a fat blobby Sentinel flying around at 90 miles per hour it COMPLETELY destroys immersion.

The gear (all of it) looks laughably bad on BT4, and again, destroys the intended art design.

Can we see Body type 3 made into Body Type 4, and Body type 3 become a Built but not Giant muscleman?

I don't think any of the body types should be removed, but there certainly could be some more variations, including one that's muscular but not fat. Maybe even separate selections for height and build, so that we could have well-built midgets and thin giants?

Hey Bioware,

I'm not an RPer or anything, but Body Type 4 needs to be redone. Immediately.

No one in the game needs to be obese to the point where they couldnt perform the physical acts of their character. The only people who use body type 4 are kids who think being fat is funny. It isnt funny, it is cartoony and unrealistic.

I'm sorry but when i see a fat blobby Sentinel flying around at 90 miles per hour it COMPLETELY destroys immersion.

The gear (all of it) looks laughably bad on BT4, and again, destroys the intended art design.

Can we see Body type 3 made into Body Type 4, and Body type 3 become a Built but not Giant muscleman?

Here's a fat guy winning a race against two skinny guys:

Here's a fat guy doing acrobatics, very well I may add:

well, i really see Your point - but they went with the graphic climate of the animated star wars (that reflects clearly when you will make model of young Obi-Wan - it's 100% like the animated one). On the other hand, there are situations that phisicaly prohibit some models from getting in some places - that needs to be fixed.

You said You are not RP'er - so i put it this way, i find guys named Refrigerator or Hansolo Solo destroying immersion far more than some model issue. Or the J-LO butt syndrome in robes. At least there IS a body build choice, but i agree they are bit overdrawn, yet that comes from the cartoonish approach to graphic.

I do think it should be removed as a choice for players but kept for NPCs, i mean if the game design team wanted to make Darth Baras a big Fatass then let them, but it should really not be an option for players who charge round really fast. I mean smugglers are supposed to be agile, and a huge blob of a smuggler wouldn't be able to do half those things.

I do think it should be removed as a choice for players but kept for NPCs, i mean if the game design team wanted to make Darth Baras a big Fatass then let them, but it should really not be an option for players who charge round really fast. I mean smugglers are supposed to be agile, and a huge blob of a smuggler wouldn't be able to do half those things.

Exactly how much agility is needed for a smuggler to duck behind something and fire guns from safety?

How is it any more realistic that a 900'ish year old green midget who normally needs a walking stick to get around and is only about 30 years away from dying of old age can leap around like a squirrel on crack during a lightsaber battle than someone who is anywhere in the range of husky to fat? Isn't anything supposed to be possible with the force?

Hell, body type 4 for males isn't even properly "fat". It's a friggin' linebacker, not Fat Bastard.

And that's not even mentioning the judgmental, rude nature of the original thread. I don't hear you complaining how body type 1 is so ridiculously thin and scrawny they'd never actually be able to take any of the physical punishment of combat.

Body Type 4 exists in real life and there are fat characters in Star Wars. If someone enjoys playing one, so be it, it's not like you're forced to do so. And there's no rule saying fat people can't command the Force.

Also, you should specify that it's only the male body type 4 you're talking about, or so I hope. I can't imagine anyone having problems with the female type 4.

OP cries about it being unrealistic, yet unrealistically wants to ignore the fact real life (star wars real life) has large sized people in it.

Grow up. It's a game (ironic huh), let people play the character they want too. What I find 'wrong' with this game, is so few choices... no sliders for height or weight (heck, a 9 year old MMO like SWG had sliders for crying out loud).

Those anorexic girl characters are breaking my immersion! *cry* Take them out! *whimper* Ruin the game for people who enjoy looking like that! *hate* It's so immersion breaking that there are various choices! Everyone should look exactly like Element A with zero deviation! *nazi comment*

:rolleyes:

Edited by Frigidman

May I point out a few things:

- Body type 4 is NOT morbidly obese. Go to wiki and google, and look it up

- Body type 4 also features a LOT of muscle. I've seen enough mostly-nude Sith to argue that

- You do not need to be "skinny" to hide, or jump, or fight

I like Body Type 4. It is infrequent, but it adds a nice variety.

OP cries about it being unrealistic, yet unrealistically wants to ignore the fact real life (star wars real life) has large sized people in it.

Grow up. It's a game (ironic huh), let people play the character they want too. What I find 'wrong' with this game, is so few choices... no sliders for height or weight (heck, a 9 year old MMO like SWG had sliders for crying out loud).

Those anorexic girl characters are breaking my immersion! *cry* Take them out! *whimper* Ruin the game for people who enjoy looking like that! *hate* It's so immersion breaking that there are various choices! Everyone should look exactly like Element A with zero deviation! *nazi comment*

:rolleyes:

But but I made my anorexic girl character to run around in a slave girl uniform. That's very realistic. They have like 4 places in Ottawa alone where you can go see them.

Here's a fat guy doing acrobatics, very well I may add:

/Respec

This vid made my day and I'm part of the lucky people not having issues with weight.

That being said I have a Sith Juggernaut that I very much enjoy being fat. Based him on baron Vladimir Harkonnen. Fits the role perfectly!

Why are there more fat npcs on the the pub side? I don't recall running into many fat imps but fat pubs are common in quest lines.

That's because you burn a LOT of calories on Imperial side just being nervous about who's going to stab you in the back (often literally) so they can get a promotion.

Edited by JakkFrost

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.