lvling a sage as heal spec..use qyzan till 50?

Brytag

You can also use a hybridized Seer/TK or Seer/Balance build since most fights won't require you to just stand there and spam heal the lizard endlessly.

Your first respec each week after Tuesday Maintenance is free (despite what the popup tells you), so there's no harm in leveling hybrid and then flipping over to full Seer at like 46 when you can have Salvation and Inner Strength/Mental Longevity in the Telekinetic Tree. At that point, even as full seer, you'll have +5% crit and a 10% AE buff which should be good enough if you generally tend to focus on the packs of weaker mobs and Force Quake.

Once you're 50 and you're geared and have access to some good stuff for your pets, you can switch to a DPS pet for anything except two golds or more, as at that point your bubble is generally good enough to get you and your pet through piles of silvers and normals/weaks without much downtime.

If you sift through the forums a bit, I think you will find it is largely a matter of personal taste. Some healers stick with Qyzen, some use Iresso, some use Nadia. All of them work fine.

I tried all 3 and found the lizard fit my play style best. I leveled with him and still use him at 50. Why?

As melee, Qyzen does a somewhat better job (IMO) of keeping the pulls grouped up than Iresso. This makes it easier for me to AoE the packs down. So, scratch Iresso.

Nadia does good dps but she is squishy. With Qyzen, I contribute more dps than heals on each pull. I prefer this to spamming heals on Nadia. Even with Nadia pimpin' some Columi gear, I find her too squishy.

Last but not least, Qyzen does not speak my language, so I do not have to listen to him whine. Win! I don't like it when players call out for heals. I like it even less in my NPCs.

I used Qyzen until I got Nadia. As soon as I got Nadia she was squishy, I ran a couple of FPs to get her some lowbie mod gear and then brought her up to par. I just hit Ilum and I've only needed Qyzen for one fight since I've gotten Nadia.

I am Seer spec too.

I used the lizard the whole time and theran for the two tough class fights when interrupts are needed. Holiday's cc is a great interrupt. I tried some of the other companions but kept coming back to the lizard. He holds great aggro and does ok dps as long as you keep him in top gear.