The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Qui-Gon is a doofus.

XenusParadox

Um...if republic credits were no good, what makes you think an exchange would work? The other merchant wouldn't get any money, seeing as republic credits are useless on tatooine.

doesn't matter he would use the Jedi Mind trick like he was going to use on Wattu. Or he could just exchange them with someone who actually could use them ie someone who travels from Tatoinee to inside the republic. Obviously they could use them.

doesn't matter he would use the Jedi Mind trick like he was going to use on Wattu. Or he could just exchange them with someone who actually could use them ie someone who travels from Tatoinee to inside the republic. Obviously they could use them.

They could, but what it says is that the Mos Espa population is mostly in the hutt crime business or are poor shop keepers and moisture farmers. Don't see why anyone would leave, only to find out that they can't do their job on another world because its more civilized. I mean we are talking about, a backwater planet so junk dealing is a pretty big thing on Tatooine....on other planets it wouldn't be and even then they were still poor. If all of them were doing well off, you wouldn't see such run down shops or ****** houses.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This is one of the major things that bugs me about the storytelling in all parts of Star Wars. The ENTIRE PLANET is populated, but every story acts like the only places they can go are in a 5-block radius in one city.

This is one of the major things that bugs me about the storytelling in all parts of Star Wars. The ENTIRE PLANET is populated, but every story acts like the only places they can go are in a 5-block radius in one city.[/]

Tatooine has exhaustion zones obviously. C'mon meow.

Yep. Red Letter Media said it best: Qui-Gon was an inconsistent mess of a character. A Jedi who is willing to cheat at a bet by using the Force to manipulate a die roll, but somehow isn't willing to just take the part he needed directly. I mean, that's what he was doing in a roundabout way anyway, might as well save time and cut to the chase.

Because Qui-Gon was set in his ways. If he wanted something and it was gonna help the greater good of the galaxy he would do it as long as it wasn't killing someone. He wasn't a mess of a character, just a lot of ppl don't understand him.

Plus it WAS him that found a way to live after death. AKA blue hologram like yoda and etc in later episodes