Do you play SWTOR with members of your family

Amonette

No one in my family currently plays any MMOs, but one of my brothers is going to give the game a try this weekend. It will be his first MMO and he's a huge Star Wars fan. I'm sure he's going to like what he sees, so if he does I'm going to pay for his sub for a few months and help guide him along since he's normally a console player.

I play the game with my husband. Or at least, before he got very busy with real life stuff. I'm thinking about taking a short break until he has more time because it isn't as fun without him~

I have let my kids design their own characters but I'm not too keen on letting them play much; they're still too young for some of the content. But it was pretty cute watching my 3 year old son make a smuggler, name him "Airplane" and then click random dialogue. :D

It was interesting, too, convincing my mom to give it a try when she was visiting for Christmas. She made her character without changing anything that was randomly picked, and then just stood there while flesh raiders tore her apart. I ran downstairs to see what was going on and I realized.. she didn't even know how to move or click her abilities. My bad.

3 generations here... I myself am 38, my son who is 15 plays, and my dad who is 62 recently subbed.

That sounds so awesome, you're lucky :) I can't help but wonder if my dad would play mmos with me if he were still alive. We used to play Sega and Nintendo together all the time.

Edited by grania

How many people play with a parent, child, sibling or spouse? Or cousin? Uncle? Great Aunt?

Are there any family guilds playing SWTOR?

My husband and I play, as does our 17 year old son. My sister lives with us and she plays as well. That's 4 of us in our home alone that play together. It makes running our guild a cinch because 4 of the 5 officers in the guild reside in our house. :D

My wife and i play together all the time on here. We put 8 to 10 hours on here minus the time our dog decides he wants to go out side or unplugs the modem or even the computers.

We are the solo type but alot of the time we would group to earn social points or help out with each others class missons/flash points.

We have all of the professions and we are on 2 different servers telos restoration and Master dorak were we have a total of 13 toons and my highest level is 23 inquisitor and my wife has a level 24 inquisitor. we both been star wars and star trek fans since the 80,s.

My husband and I run an Assassin/Warrior combo, though we also have others we play without the other. ...Gotta say though, it makes things MUCH easier to simply yell "TAUNT HIM!" across the room, rather than via text or speech client.

I play with my husband, my father-in-law, and with people we have known for the past 7 years.

Our children (20, 17 & 14 girls) don't play at all. They think I'm a 'tech nerd' and get embarrassed when their friends come over, who think it's 'cool' that we play online games.

I am hoping I can get my granddaughter interested when she gets a little older (she's only 11 months old).

• 2 weeks later...

My Husband and I have played multiple MMORPGs together since he introduced me to AC back way back in 1999. Here, I have two characters (one Empire/one Republic) that were created exclusively for duoing with characters of his.

:D

I play with my husband.

We started 2 consulars, but then I switched to smuggler. It's awesome, we are tank and healer, and can do quests in stealth. We are fine for heroic 2+ quests with our companions, but sometimes we have trouble finding 2 dps players for flashpoints or heroic 4 quests.

i play with my wife and since we're both altoholics, we made many character duos:
  • scoundrel healer - shadow tank
  • assassin tank - inquisitor healer
  • marauder - mercenary healer

the most efficient team so far is the scoundrel - shadow.

This :)

My husband and I play (leveled to 50 together) along with my brother and best friend (who has been adopted by the family as another brother). We are all in the same guild and frequently do FP's and Ops together. My brother has played numerous MMO's over the years (while I'm a n00b) so it's been great having someone I could ask questions who doesn't just say "l2p" and actually helps me l2p.

In our guild (Conquerors of Chaos on Tarro Blood), there are the 4 of us and a few other IRL friends. I've been asked by other new guildies "Do you ALL know each other?" The hardest part is referring to the husband/brother/friend as their toon name and not their IRL name. :)

I had the name problem, too. I remember I once referred to hubby as his real name (in another game), and nobody caught it....at least, I thought nobody caught it. And it's worse with people you know from other games and in an online capacity as well.....my first instinct is to call them their other game name, and then their real name...luckily, our republic guild is filled with rl friends of our guild's founder, a friend of ours from another game.....so if I burst out with his real name, nobody would care. But hubby would definitely care if I burst out with his real name.

I had the name problem, too. I remember I once referred to hubby as his real name (in another game), and nobody caught it....at least, I thought nobody caught it. And it's worse with people you know from other games and in an online capacity as well.....my first instinct is to call them their other game name, and then their real name...luckily, our republic guild is filled with rl friends of our guild's founder, a friend of ours from another game.....so if I burst out with his real name, nobody would care. But hubby would definitely care if I burst out with his real name.

Really? I didn't know that a lot of people had problems with being referred to by their real name. I've always just referred to real-life friends in-game with their real name.