Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The new Rage Quit

Provos

That's when you run in there and take the third.

That will not happen, this happens in a losing situation, everyone just quits trying, but instead of rage quitting, they all sit on the one node they have and the enemy sits on the two they have...nothing happens.

The same thing happens when the shoe is on the other foot. The PVP is very bland.

Edited by Provos

no...its called admitting defeat.

Although I prefer to keep fighting / gaining medals 90% of the time this happens the game is over(just not officially) so who cares

^ I hate PvP'ing with these types of people.

Believe it or not, people do care.

That will not happen, this happens in a losing situation, everyone just quits trying, but instead of rage quitting, they all sit on the one node they have and the enemy sits on the two they have...nothing happens.

The same thing happens when the shoe is on the other foot. The PVP is very bland.

You just said exactly what OP said.

When we take two nodes and the losing team reacts this way we just rush in and take the third. If they're too beat to try, then the 3rd is cake to take.

I do this, I play republic atm and more often than not it's Republic "scrubs" vs Imperial War Hero's/Battlemasters. On civil war, there's a point where you need to get all 3 nodes. If we reach that point after getting smashed there is no point in trying.

This game is rewarding the players who focused on 1 character since release in PvP. Those who got the good gear now dominate. Those fresh 50's are getting hammered, making daily's harder to achieve etc. I'd rather just huddle together with the rest of my team in hopes to get a few more kills to see if any medals are possible. Get the defender node ones etc.

Instead of rage quitting, now entire teams just sit on a node doing nothing. How exciting the pvp has become. I would have assumed PVP would be improving from patch to patch, not regressing.

Just a hint. EVERY turret reduce 5 points. So if enemy have more than 2x points than you - ONLY way to win is to capture 3 nodes and hold them.

Since you were already beaten i suppose this is impossible.

This is why you have nothing to do atm and you sit on turret - sometimes they can dance (as Operative I saw 8 people dancing on 1 turret at the end :D it was nice to throw flashbank on them).

Simple. If enemy DON'T have 2x more points than you then that team is a bunch of noobs and be glad that with 1.2 you will be able to kick noobs from WZ.

You know when the game reaches the point where the other team cannot win unless they take 3 nodes? THat's when you go in and kick them around for giving up.

Just a hint. EVERY turret reduce 5 points. So if enemy have more than 2x points than you - ONLY way to win is to capture 3 nodes and hold them.

Since you were already beaten i suppose this is impossible.

This is why you have nothing to do atm and you sit on turret - sometimes they can dance (as Operative I saw 8 people dancing on 1 turret at the end :D it was nice to throw flashbank on them).

Simple. If enemy DON'T have 2x more points than you then that team is a bunch of noobs and be glad that with 1.2 you will be able to kick noobs from WZ.

You are saying people are going to be able to kick people from warzones simply because they don' t have good gear? I mean seriously the difference between good and bad is gear and your surrounding cast. If that is the case, it will make warzones for new 50's impossible to play.

Yeah I've noticed this quite a bit in civil war lately.

They should make it so that the guns ramp up firing speed after 5min so the 1st 5min are just like it is now but if after 5min no turrets have changed hands they shoot faster/harder.

Or they could let you cap faster so it is easier to ninja.

Seems they know there is an issue, the last 2 changes that effected civil war made it easier to cap, I like that they are moving slow, so often games overbuff/nerf things moving incrementally in the right direction is perfect.

But as this thread suggests, keep going BW we aren't there yet.

You are saying people are going to be able to kick people from warzones simply because they don' t have good gear? I mean seriously the difference between good and bad is gear and your surrounding cast. If that is the case, it will make warzones for new 50's impossible to play.

Some of us will likely just be kicked for playing a certain class. The amount of animosity on these forums for some ACs is astounding.

I've seen people say "It's a lost cause" and just stand on ledges in Huttball recently.

The leveling brackets are full of whingers who complain when you've got even one low toon, or when they're playing against a premade.

Best one I saw was a premade complaining about a premade and defending the only turret we had with all 4 of them. I'm just hoping that the 50 bracket is better than the leveling one on this server.

Some of us will likely just be kicked for playing a certain class. The amount of animosity on these forums for some ACs is astounding.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that the voting would be for those that afk beyond the rezz point. They have said they are making it so it would be hard for players to abuse, so it seems likely that it will be something as simple as if x player isnt moving and a vote is passed, there is probably a quick timer that pops up to kick said player. I highly doubt they will implement a system where you can simply kick a participating player from wz for being craptastic due to skill, gear, class. I could be wrong though.

In Alderran it's not unusual to get into a badly losing fight where you pretty much just die the moment you run up to an enemy.

In this case sitting on the turret and accumulating defender points is more likely to get you a medal than any fighting you do, because if you die right away you won't get anything toward medals.

Normally speaking if the game is at all even, it still makes more sense to fight the enemy, even if the game is out of reach.

yesterday I was in a WZ where it was a "sure" loss, we were down about 300 to 100, and we'd just capped a second turret, then, out of the blue, the third one starts flashing.

lo and behold, all three are green! and none are flashing! we pulled even at 45-45 after a few skirmishes, and ended up winning 35 to 0

Very very close game, and a real tide turner at the end due to some hard fighting on the nodes, good defence and great interupts.

love those ones.

I'm going to use two examples from yesterday.

Example the first: The reppies (strongest in the post 50 on my server) was able to capture two turrets immediately and delay us from getting one by a few minutes. They defended their two turrets to perfection. Our ship reached below 100 while theirs was still well above 300. By your logic, we should continue to throw ourselves against them in a futile and often frustrating (leading to no one on our team having fun) attempt to three cap. As opposed to standing around our turret, socializing, discussing what went wrong, and yes dancing at times.

Example numero two: We (the impies) got the west turret and the reppies got the mid turret immediately. The east turret changed hands too many times to count. Neither team ever gave up, even when it looked impossible we kept pressing and it was close all the way through. It ended something like 60 to 0.

In the first example, continuing the attack and failing time and time again simply feeds the frustration level and makes people not want to reque, which leads to longer que times and or more same faction Huttball. The losing team, when they are sure they are going to lose and nothing can be done about it (curse you reppie premades who are so good :p ) by gathering at the one node retain some sanity and some desire to continue to play.

P.S. Why do I dance? To show both my team and the enemy team that even though we lost, I'm still having fun. You'd be suprised how many people I've gotten to dance with me even though we've been routed.

Instead of rage quitting, now entire teams just sit on a node doing nothing. How exciting the pvp has become. I would have assumed PVP would be improving from patch to patch, not regressing.

If you're going to lose anyway you may as well get defender points.

Edited by Agemnon

its not a new behaviour. I despise quitters but I have found myself doing this last night because I also despise having to endure players with NO idea who wont take advice.

I PuGed and was put with a guild 4 man premade, with healer tanks and 2DPSers.

I let them go mid since they were organised and I went to take and defend grass. In the small amount of time that it took me to take grass, 2 of the 4 player premade had been defeated, followed by the rest seconds later. The enemy capped mid.

Every assault this premade made, swiftly saw them die, So I decided to abandon my post and go see what was happening. They really had no clue, snipers and tracer spammers were untouched, shredding them while they focused a tank. I immediately killed off 2 tracer spammers and became primary target amongst them as I was the only one hurting them.

From there on I was just getting smashed by 2 tracers and a sniper every time I showed my face, The premade healer was didn’t even glance my way.

When the turret score was irreversible I just went back to my turret and sat there.

I would feel bad about this as it is reminiscent of a “quitter” but the frustration of being grouped with such a dysfunctional group was worse. Best to get my game commendations and move on to the next game.

Edited by Kalliadies

Well now that BW doubled the valor gain in wzs, even a loss is amazing valor. People care even less now. Lots more afkers/node sitters. That's what you get when you cater to casuals. qq we want less of a grind, derrrrr ok here, oh thanks now I dont evne have to try!

gg bw

If you're going to lose anyway you may as well get defender points.

This is why people sit on the last node. If you can't possibly win might as well get your 4 medals- the same amount as the winners get- and queue for the next match.

No point in feeding the other team- you win some, you lose some.

/shrug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.