4 Questions for the casual gamers!

kelvaen

Do you currently find that end game is to easy?

Did you think the leveling was to quick?

Have you cleared all end game content on at least easy mode?

Question from Evironrage I thought needed to be added

I have an additional question for the casuals. Would a more difficult lvling process have put

you off from continuing to play?

Is this your first MMO?

Just curious as i'm not a casual player of mmos but a hardcore player that has unlimited game time. Since causals are taking over the mmo market i'm just curious if you guys think this mmo is way to easy, or if your happy with the current difficulty?

Dont get me wrong I still love the game, i'm just hoping that operations start getting more challenging for people like myself.

Edited by kelvaen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious as i'm not a casual player of mmos but a hardcore player that has unlimited game time. Since causals are taking over the mmo market i'm just curious if you guys think this mmo is way to easy, or if your happy with the current difficulty?

Dont get me wrong I still love the game, i'm just hoping that operations start getting more challenging for people like myself.

I've found that levelling can get boring after a while, most content is challenging right now (level 46 sentinel on voss) and no i haven't cleared any end game content.

Too easy? Nah. It's certainly not difficult.

Newp. Been here since 27 Dec. and highest is 41. I'm taking my time.

Haven't gotten there, in no hurry to get there.

I'd like to see some difficult, extended quests for level-cap that didn't involved raiding/PvPing etc.

Hope they bring in more content for casuals, not-so-casual and even the hardcore. :)

Hi,

I'm currently a casual player in a casual guild. I play roughly 12 hours a week at a maximum and I have one level 50 character. This level 50 is decently geared and I've been able to clear most of the end game content. My casual guild has made it past Karagga's on normal mode and have cleared Eternity Vault.

I think the leveling was fantastic for a casual player. It took me about 2 months to reach the max level and I've been able to see the end game content (Ops only) and still have flashpoints to discover. The MMO is excellent for it's difficulty rating, although questing can be a breeze depending on your class. I think that those who want a harder version, Hardmodes and nightmare should suffice but, not having run those yet, I cannot say if they're up to the par hardcore players would be looking for.

Regards,

- Agitate

Yeah as a hard core player leveling was to fast for me, it would be cool if it would have taken a month to see the first 50s, I think the planets would be a lot more populated then.

I'm always of the opinion that when things come to easily people lose interest, even though they think they want everything now now now.

Not at end game yet. Just hit lvl 30 last night and had the game for 3 weeks. Mass Effect 3 did take alot of my play time away and I was focusing on alts a bit. But I feel the speed at which I level is acceptable

Hi, Im a casual

Wait. There are people who already got to level 50?

Not sure if you're joking but this ^^^ :p

Been playing since launch and just hit lvl40, i play maybe 4 hours a week.

I think the leveling is a little too quick, i expected it to take me about 6 months to hit max level at my pace.

Difficulty is fine, generally if i die it's because i did something stupid which is about what i expect. It's probably on the easier side than most mmo's but that's not a bad problem to have providing they make things like hardmodes to cater for everyone.

You have to appreciate that even lvl 50 casuals may still have a lot to do so they won't be getting as bored as your typical hardcore who hit max lvl and got the top gear within 4 weeks.

Edited by Notannos

Well, there's 'time' casual and 'style' casual, the way I figure it. I'm 'style' casual.

I'm only 45th level, so not sure.

Yes, I enjoy the journey more. Though the back end seems to be a little better than the front end. I wouldn't mind seeing a 20% increase in XP required to 50, and then flatten the curve a bit starting at your fleet (10ish).

No, I'm not there.

Happy

Oh operations? Didn't know that was going to be about this. Never did an operation. Probably won't.

Edited by notebene

Not really

Yes, I would have liked to do everything but did not want to let all my quests become green/grey so I didnt.

Yes

Im good. Then again, I prefer alts over endgame.

Playing alts and expanding my legacy, define "casual" in playtime or activity ingame.

Took me just over a month get my first 50 and i could probably have done it faster but it took me a wile settle down with a class i enjoyed.

Is the game to easy? Yes and No you gotta specify here too overall the game is to easy for an experienced MMO player but i have ran across way to many clickers that never done it before.

Cleared the current Ops on easy and it was to easy even with leechers in the back havn't tried hard/nightmare would like too though.

No.

No.

Only got to 30th, so no clue how easy the end game content is.

No, not at all.

Yes, I'd have prefered a somewhat slower leveling curve.

No, I don't raid and only do hard mode flashpoints occasionally. I might try an OPS once normal mode gets replaced with story mode so I'm hopefully not required to use voicechat.

Edited by Kendaric

I'm rather casual. My guild has just completed 10/10 HM and are still gearing people up.

When we downed Soa first time HM we all got really happy and had a blast doing so. I find the game fairly hard to be honest. I'm comparing then with vanilla wow where I played a healing priest with my mouse. In this game, right now, I play a healing sorc and would have absolutely no chance beeing a clicker.

In short, I find the difficulty perfect for me and my guild, but can understand you more hardcore players if you want more of a challange.

edit;

No

No, I was glad is was rather fast.

HM

Edited by owlinspace

I think it would be cool if they mixed up hard mode abilities on bosses and nightmare modes, like just add some extra abilities you have to figure out. I got to say though they were really focused on all this voicing and just kind of slapped the operations in at last minute it seems like.

Yeah as a hard core player leveling was to fast for me, it would be cool if it would have taken a month to see the first 50s, I think the planets would be a lot more populated then.

I'm always of the opinion that when things come to easily people lose interest, even though they think they want everything now now now.

Playing a few hours everyday and a lot on weekends and in 2 weeks i barely got my scoundrel to lvl 23, but im doing all the quests i can find and exploring everything.

If things come too easily SOME people will lose interest, and if things are too hard SOME people will lose interest.

For you, mmos seem to be about endgame.

Personally i dont care about endgame, played Vanguard, EQ2 and SWG for 6-7 years and never touched endgame content, yet i was well entertained and always found interesting stuff to do.

Rushing through content only to get to endgame and then repeat the same stuff everyday for some fancy gear is fine and dandy but its not for everyone.

Try clearing the endgame in 8man Nightmare mode you ll get more of a challenge.

Besides Bio said that they wanna make Hardmode/Nightmaremode harder in1.2 or shortly after cant remember^^

So I guess the challenge for Hardcode players is coming soon ;)

No, I don't find the game to easy. To me the difficulty levels are just right.

No it's not that quick for me. Though my wish is that we get 10 or 20 levels of content per expansion, that would be good.

No I haven't. I'm taking my time and savoring this game, like the fine wine that it is.

I play the game, not the system.

I blame Vanilla wow for turning me into a hardcore gamer, but man I just cant get that feeling back from the 40 man raid days and clearing a 40 man raid instance. I guess I miss the organization, and taking the gear we got which was rare at the time, and one shotting people in pvp.

Whats missing for me in this game is being able to show off rare gear I think, I hate that you can see all the tier gear on vendors. It more fun to me to see the gear off the boss, stuff that everybody and there mothers haven't wardrobed. But im a lost breed of gamer I guess.

I am somewhere between casual and hardcore but more on the casual side if I had to make the choice.

Leveling speed was fine for me. I have two level 50s and 5 more alts, not counting other servers.

I have cleared both ops on Normal mode once, EV almost twice but the boss kept bugging so I gave up. Did all FPs in HM at least once but some like D7 are very bugged.

The difficulty is hard to say because there are still too many bugs. I would say though that for casual players it's not too easy.

Simply because there are gear checks in the ops and HM FP's. And casual players will not have the gear. I am geared pretty well on my main, so I do go for gearing up, but I am not in a rush like most hardcore gamers.

But when you see people with level 50s with green items, you will know that normal mode is not too easy. The biggest issues are gear and bugs. Don't forget, only 38% of level 50s have actually done an operations as stated during the guild summit.

I think the normal mode should be easier as a place to get decent gear (tionese mainly) for people who are more casual.

I do hope for the hardcore gamers that the new ops from 1.2 will be really tough, cause you too deserve the challenge you are looking for. Tier 2 gear should be harder to get.

Still, they really need to fix the bugs before we can truly asses the actual difficulty.