The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if they did, they wouldn't care about peak times for Oceanic or NA players. Somewhere, someone gets the shaft. Accept it.

So split the servers down the middle, different down time, different patch time. More people can then get online during peak hours and therefore BW salvage some of the already dying subbs.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss the current downtime and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!

Averran | Community Representative

I love this, you herd us off into some forum page, but don't say anything about the actual issue. awesome transparency. This is the kind of stuff that's going to break this game. thanks for not letting us in on why all of us are out of the game. stupid move, seriously.

Stop punishing EU players..

3 days in a row and always during peak time, It better be a merge between every server out there or I'm gonna cry.

Oceanic players have maintenance downtime every Tuesday night during prime time.

I'm sure there are a lot of people here who would be willing to swap maintenance times with you is you are feeling hard done by once in a blue moon.

Seriously though, maintenance needs to be done, and it's impossible to do it at a time which will make everyone happy. People need to deal with it and find sonething else to do to occupy the few hours of downtime.

This proves that BW is Bias against Europe.

The main clue was when BioWare gave the baddies in this game EUROPEAN ACCENTS because they want everyone else to hate us like we hate the empire.

Now emergency patch times on a beautiful day to force me into the sun and be burnt.

I will not be fooled.

ppl less panties in a twist.

emergency maintainance at bad hours like this is ALWAYS due to an exploit/bug/direct issue that needs asap changing. Its one night and yes it breaks my raid schedual to but we can all take one night from hm/nm farming ops to let them fix something they obviously think is this serious, the other way is to let the bug be and then ppl here would be crying about that.

The amount of people that are legitimately pissed off that they can't play a game for one day is really concerning. Play another game... read a book... watch a movie... go outside. Seriously if you're actually as mad as some of you appear to be, you have issues.

Been out shopping for hours now i get home and servers go down!

Lack of provider-customer information flow is the thing that kills providing party.

I'm not angry about shutdown, if it had to be done.

I'm angry becase i plan my day to have some time to play (i'm rather busy person) and i get treated like a hobo when i work to pay for the game.

Bioware beware.

And now in peak time you take down EU servers. Hey woke up Dorothy your game is going bye bye. Previous week free trial for 7 days started. This week 4 free days weekend. Next week server merge and week after F2P?????

You are kidding right? This is one of the only companies that gives you euro servers, Instead of just calling them euro servers and setting the clock to your time.

Fail.

All bigger MMOs got seperate european servers, thus ping would be a big issue for the players.

That is why Blizzard has servers based in the US and in the EU to avoid inconveniencing the other half of the world. Square Enix lost a lot of European subscribers because their servers are based in Japan, and while maintenance is done during JP early hours most Americans are still in bed or only just getting up but if you're in Europe then that's bad news as it's prime time for us. Why pay for a game where you're only allowed to play 6/7 days a week or less with unscheduled maintenance?

Very good point here. I wish BW would have teams across regions. I hate how they revolve around their headquarter's time. They need remote offices so no one region sees too much downtime.

But of course you'll have all these Central/Eastern people claiming "it's fine the way it is."