The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty disappointed that bio has directed us to this forum with no real tangible information from the developers about the reason for the patch. I completely understand that things need to be fixed immediately in certain situations, but it is very disheartening to be lied to. :confused:

So because it affects everyone, then some shouldn't be annoyed? is that what you're saying?

No if you took time to actually PROCESS what I'm saying, it's rather simple. Go ahead and be annoyed. The MAJORITY of EU players on here are complaining that it's done specifically to shaft them from their play time during peak hours.

I'm sure they didn't sit down yesterday, pull out their schedulers, and plan a time to piss off the entire EU fanbase.... just to inconvenience you all.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Fact: If it was happening during Primetime US/Canada... EU wouldn't care... yet US/Canada would be griping.

Guess what everyone who's crying/whining non-stop... NO ONE CARES! If servers are down, they're down. Doesn't matter what time of day, people will complain. Doesn't matter what day of the week, people will complain. That's what you're good at, that's what you'll always be good at, and that's why no one cares. You could rant and rave for 1000 pages for all they care, it isn't going to make them work any faster.

Guess what... they're doing their *drum roll* JOB! Oh I'm sorry, it's EU primetime... let them come in at 3am when they have families and lives of their own and make your miserable life even better because you can't play for 2 hours. I don't think your pathetic excuse of $15 a month makes you any more privileged to play than anyone else. Grow up, or quit the game. Either way, it means we have one less whining degenerate to deal with.

If you can't handle the harsh realities of life.. walk out the door, and never look back. Just think.. if there wasn't pages and pages of whining ragers they might actually POST the information. Instead, they're left dealing with an angry mob that, even if they DID post the details, would still attempt to ream them in this virtual atmosphere. I DARE you to try and talk like you do on here to them in person and see where you end up.

-Xen-

Let's hope it's a fix for all the speedhacker's in pvp. Instant, irrevocable account ban.

Considering there is no cheat detection, coupled with 90% of the game being client sided with no server side checks (to keep bandwithd overhead costs low). I dont think it will happen anytime soon without a complete overhaul of the netcoding and client.

Without having read all the posts, it seems this tread has derailed into Europeans once again suffering from the servers being down in primetime (yes, this affects me too) and others saying they should stop crying. All of this is completely irrelevant - i just want to know WHY they are taking down the servers? Any info?

I can absolutely live with the fact that i wont be able to play much if at all tonight - i just want to know why.

lets be straight here... this is definately off-peak time for the servers. Not as off-peak as the weekly maintenance, but while it does stop some people playing (me, for example, in either timeframe) ANY shutdown will do the same thing.

A 2 hour shutdown is a VERY reasonable patch time, for any company. Period.

And all the whining about no details? Yes... lets try a fix for something that is likely a major exploit of some kind.. and tell everyone who HASN'T discovered it yet exactly what it is. Sometimes it's better to just say nothing, and fix it quietly. Heck, maybe almost NO ONE has seen it yet. Better they find it before some one starts whining about it en mass like with some of the pvp issues.

To those who keep saying "Do things that never inconvenience me or I will quit" ...seriously, did you ever hold your breath till your face turned blue as a kid? Either pay and play... or not. But every game has issues, especially in the first year. Or quit, and move along. Spouting off about it is just whining. Plain and simple.

No one likes a shutdown. People like to know everything. But this is life, and sometimes things are inconvenient. You are the same people whining about how bugs never get fixed. So **** and let them actually do their jobs and fix em.

And yeah... I'm sittin here wondering what I'm gonna do for the next 2 hours too, since my planned activity is bolloxed. Maybe... damn, I think I'll go outside. ....damn, thats bright out there...

^ Amen to this. I've played WoW, WarHammer, Rift, Aion, StarWars Galaxies, and Dark Ages of Camelot. All their first years. And every game is buggy for the first year.

I tend to keep myself out these type of threads, But i felt the need to respond.

Yes the timing isnt great for gmt/european player granted, But i can live with the game for a few hours while they do things to improve the game for us!. Everytime it goes down its because they are working hard to fix things for us!.

And also if you read the terms and conditions i bet you any money, that it says something along the line of bioware can down the servers when ever they see fit to do maintenance etc, Cause u have to remeber they own the servers not us!.

Most MMOs also have a ToS and EULA that allows them to remove your characters and ban you for no reason and to end their service with no prior notice. Just because they reserve the right to do so does not mean that it is alright for them to do so and that no backlash will be incurred.

Yeah, there are a lot of people moaning about US bias and stuff like that. It would just be helpful to ignore people that you think are complaining for no reason. I do not think it makes anyone look any more intelligent saying things like 'lol go outside for two hours' in reply to someone you would not give the time of day except for when it comes to internet trolling.

I am pretty sure a lot of customers really enjoy this game, want to like it even more and simply want transparency from Bioware. And it is annoying to me because I can see it being wildly helpful to Bioware as such to be more transparent. Yet we get told in game to check forums for more information, but of course there is nothing to be had.

The fact of the matter here guys is SWTOR is a product bought for use by a consumer,

The inability to use said product for much of your play time (peak time) makes the product flawed and of no use to the consumer..

So yes there is a lot of rage but lets face it, buying and paying for a product you are unable to use is a waste of money and eventually will cost many subscriptions.

People who have a problem with our complaints, are probably people that get overcharged everywhere they go. It's not a matter of the servers being down, that is fine, but when you have paying customers that are keeping your game afloat, the least you can do is post some information as to why they are paying for server downtime.

It's business 101, bad customer service = angry customers = lost business = failure.

has anyone ever thought that maybe the devs dont even have the full details and are waiting till they figure the problem out to divulge information? Why tell the community about a problem you dont have the fix to yet??? Better business to wait, solve the problem, and then tell everyone ooommmmmgggg we are like soooo sorry for ruining 2 hours of your day by not letting you play swtor. If it really is a boring/bad game then WHY THE HELL DOES IT CAUSE SO MUCH EMOTION INSIDE YOURSELF!?

This is how much I care that I cant play for 2 hours

:mon_cool:

You guys will not believe what I'll be doing while I wait for the servers to come back up

nope thats not it

something else

yep something else

I have to say, I decided to unsub after this... getting outta hands now and I was already doubting to sub or not... ty god my sub ends in 4 days. :(

yeah,, my end in 5 dayes,, and there its gonna be,, this is fking insane ,, its like they just spit EU players in thir face :((