New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to keep myself out these type of threads, But i felt the need to respond.

Yes the timing isnt great for gmt/european player granted, But i can live with the game for a few hours while they do things to improve the game for us!. Everytime it goes down its because they are working hard to fix things for us!.

And also if you read the terms and conditions i bet you any money, that it says something along the line of bioware can down the servers when ever they see fit to do maintenance etc, Cause u have to remeber they own the servers not us!.

It's 1pm CST. It isn't peak time, it's lunch time.

They are a US based company and if it is an emergency patch then deal with it.

Well then dont sell the European people YOUR game at a higer price telling us how much you like us to play it...

Selling the game only to american players the game would not be profitable... Like it or not this is a product sold worldwide.... just like any hollywood movie nowadays launch worldwide... only difference is that the hollywood guys know not to bug the hell out of up to 60% of their products lifetime income!

Really. Previously unannounced patch in mid of prime time? Are you serious? In the name of... why? We here in europe came from works / schools / sports since sun came down and you start patching?

This is a real downsider..

I'm not going to whine about quiting over the company doing stupid things becuase I happen to like the game so I'll still play.

I am glad that the friends I invited for the free week have decided not to play because the game keeps going offline everyday. Well done for shooting yourself in the foot SWTOR - your loss but thats what you get for treating us like this. :D

It's sad to see how outraged people get when they cant be Hot Pocket Nawers......... :confused:I mean it's freaken Star Wars, and that alone should be enough to keep playing, After all, the game hasn't event been out for 6 months yet and people want a perfect game. There is a reason why the game went down, plain and simple. This just means people must now have a life for a few hours...Waaaaa?!?!!? :eek:

Not. the. Point.

The point is that these maintanances are often being done during EU peak time, which is a bit unfair. The point is that this patch was dropped without warning, without explanation. That does not sound like good service to me.

The point is I cannot go play 'Star Wars EU', I am dependant on the company I pay, Bioware, to play Star Wars.

Edited by Sireene
insulting

I think it's funny how many EU players are taking this personally. You do realize that half of the world is awake and inconvenienced by this as well? Calm down, take 2 hours to reflect on your anger, and you'll be playing soon enough.

So because it affects everyone, then some shouldn't be annoyed? is that what you're saying?

Lol. Yeah, I can see the undeniable logic in your argument. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tarka

If you EU players that are crying had half a brain its not about screwing anybody. Its a NA based company therefore the staff is currently at work . If there is a issue with this patch there will be staff available to handle the issue.

one problem there, there eu servers are based in ireland (which is in the eu) so why the heck cant they bring down EU servers at times conveniant for us and the us servers at a time to suit you. oh i no why, coz its just to much hassle for them to do that.

anyway before servers went offline there was some talk on my server the reason for patch was a major warzone exploit

Edited by Nucairion

I think it's funny how many EU players are taking this personally. You do realize that half of the world is awake and inconvenienced by this as well? Calm down, take 2 hours to reflect on your anger, and you'll be playing soon enough.

It isn't many really, you have to remember, there are nearly 3 times more europeans than americans

im paying for play and im not playing right now,so i would like my money for this 2 hours,and 2 hours yesterday and so

yeah imagine how funny it would be if bioware made you pay about 10 cent less next month :rolleyes:

So Mods close another thread about this patch because they didnt like having too many open about the same thing - they direct us to this thread....dont see any updates in here from the mods as to what the patch does, why its in prime time etc etc yet they can post twice in that one!!!

Bioware have no cluse about customer service, how to handle feedback etc

There is no point to servers by region america / europe / pacific if the maintenance schedule are made americano hurting the other players from other areas. Not to mention that should have separate servers for different languages ​​so that communities are feasible communication. The current system makes them very populated servers and other totally empty. Separate servers for Italian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, etc. .. So there will be a more distributed population level and each will be in place, also will aid in the future to the answers of the problems.

Today, for example at 7 pm in the European zone gmt +1 time that the European region has enough players playing not think of anything else to put maintenance days will restore the monthly game?, Because between bugs but these things that will make is that people get tired and not renew subscriptions.

You are a business and in my point of view is not only attracting customers, it is also know they hold. A greeting.

And now in peak time you take down EU servers. Hey woke up Dorothy your game is going bye bye. Previous week free trial for 7 days started. This week 4 free days weekend. Next week server merge and week after F2P?????

Gotta love over dramatisation, you'll be there to login in 2 hours.

I'm not happy about it but oh well. 2 hours of music over vent for this guild.

Wow.. really? WOW!

Prime time ''ninja'' patch, without any notes and warning. On the same day that Diablo III release date is set?

hahhaha, talk about a recipee for fail. Nice one Bioware, you just managed to finish off your already crippled game.

Great job bioware, again on european primetime and the servers go down unannounced. Oh wait, we got a warning 15 minutes in advance.

Second time this week, getting slightly annoyinh. Why no put the servers under maintenance at Asian time or china time? or all mighty USA time?

The point is that these maintanances are often being done during EU peak time, which is a bit unfair. The point is that this patch was dropped without warning, without explanation. That does not sound like good service to me.

Sounds like some sort of emergency fix to me. I highly doubt that BioWare really enjoys annoying a large chunk of their playerbase, even though many of you think they do.

Emergency maintenance is an...emergency. if there's an urgent issue you don't always have time to give a lot of advance notice or provide detailed information.

Get. Over. it.

It's not some diabolical plan to drive Europeans away from the game.