Dueling area in fleet

dorz_

The fleet needs an area where you can go and duel other players. Something similar to Durotar in WoW. I find myself jumping around a lot with not much to do and an area to duel would be very entertaining.. Also flying to another planet to duel you friends is not really convenient. Thoughts?

The fleet needs an area where you can go and duel other players. Something similar to Durotar in WoW. I find myself jumping around a lot with not much to do and an area to duel would be very entertaining.. Also flying to another planet to duel you friends is not really convenient. Thoughts?

you mentioned wow....oh no not this again(inb4flamingfanboys)

HOW DARE WOW HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN TOR!

Dueling area is any where 0.o

you mentioned wow....oh no not this again(inb4flamingfanboys)

HOW DARE WOW HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN TOR!

At least there you could go camp lowbies huh...guess you decided to come infest this thread since they closed the other you we're in...LMAO.:wea_01:

Just leave the fleet and duel there; theres no reason to add extra lag to the fleet.

The fleet has the highest concentration of players, and a majority are people waiting to PvP wz. They are the players that duel the most. Having to fly to a planet is just stupid.

Yes to duels on the fleet. If you are worried about lag, just have a special area on the fleet to do it. Hell, just give rid of the VIP lounge(useless) and put it there.

Edited by HeavensTerror

The fleet has the highest concentration of players, and a majority are people waiting to PvP wz. They are the players that duel the most. Having to fly to a planet is just stupid.

Yes to duels on the fleet. If you are worried about lag, just have a special area on the fleet to do it. Hell, just give rid of the VIP lounge(useless) and put it there.

Why not go to your ship then? if you don't mind a loading screen like you said.

Why not go to your ship then? if you don't mind a loading screen like you said.

Because then I have to invite the person to my group.

Ofc I can duel guildies/friends on another planet or my ship.

But what about when I'm standing around waiting for a WZ and I see the inq that just stomped me last game of hutt ball. I don't want to /w him, invite him to a group, and then walk him to my ship. I want to click duel and blast him on the spot.

"Go Duel on your ship" is not a solution.

Because then I have to invite the person to my group.

Ofc I can duel guildies/friends on another planet or my ship.

But what about when I'm standing around waiting for a WZ and I see the inq that just stomped me last game of hutt ball. I don't want to /w him, invite him to a group, and then walk him to my ship. I want to click duel and blast him on the spot.

"Go Duel on your ship" is not a solution.

this.

Just go to your ship, you can dual there.

Non-melee classes would have a distinct disadvantage dueling inside a tiny ship lol(even force push and leap would be much more limited)...but I'll have to try that some time.

Wouldn't be a lag-fest if they just made the dueling area far enough away from the rest of the fleet's primary population (like say 100m up on the VIP area) so that nobody not interesting in dueling or watching a duel would have to load the action. Might want them to put in barriers around most or all of the outside edge if they make it on top of that giant pedestal though.

Hell, even an instanced and otherwise empty cargo bay would work fine, they could even project duels on screens in the primary part of the fleet for people to watch the inside of an instanced area, that way passers by would get to watch, but it'd just be a 2D image not bogged down with all the data of a real fight in your load proximity. It would sure as hell cut down on the boredom between WZs, and instances, and everything else players wait on in the fleet. You could even award a handful of social points for duels, (a small number, like 2-4 per based on the winner), or a small amount of legacy exp for that matter.

Edited by Kyrtin

The fleet needs an area where you can go and duel other players. Something similar to Durotar in WoW.

So let's extend that thought for a moment. In Wow, you have to leave the capital ciy and go into the wilderness.

Since Fleet is the rough equivalent to a capital city in WoW....and it's in space orbit.... obviously you and your dueling buddy need to go to the nearest airlock, blow yourselves out into space, and duel away. But be considerate, do it near a viewing port so we can all watch. :p

On a more serious note, they shoulld put a dueling hanger in fleet, and anyone in your group can enter the hangar instance. That means you and your opponent get a private dueling hangar, and can bring a couple of friends to watch/taunt/wager over you. Hey, maybe you can group up and just use your ships hanger.... those are huge.

• 5 months later...