I'm too old for this game.

Xusi

I think its a personal thing, I am pretty old and smelly, work in IT and I do well for mysefl, but I dont want to always think too hard in an evening. I like to blast the poo out of little pixel animals.

Last thing I need is something complex, I do that all day.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the sad thing for all of you expecting to find "the next great sandbox". You never will, you're getting older, your interests are changing or you're starting families that take more of your time. The "new game smell" will never be as bright and shiny as when these things were all new to you.

you have to understand that they are a corporation and they want money, they need lots of people to buy there "thing", there are more children/"slow people" then adults/"smart people" playing games, money hungry company's will have little to do with expensive games that are to complex for the simple/young mind. awhile back game makers were interested in creating quality imaginative idea's to test the limits of our brains. and now its all about the bottom line "$$"..

My 32 year old cousin plays SWTOR, and has his 30 year old wife hooked onto SWTOR now. They made custom PC's each just for SWTOR. They opened a PC buisness last year, and lately have been getting phone calls asking for PC's that will run SWTOR. The age varies from 10-40. Edited by BuckyCameron

how much did this mega company pay to get other company's to say how great of a game it is. how much do they pay to have someone clean the forums, twits and facenovel walls.. Is it really a great game? or do rich company's pay lots of cash to create an illusions?

thats another scam too..

you think that you "need" that great of a pc to run this game?....

this mega corporation is in with others that sell computer parts...

the game scans your hardware when you launch to game, then adjusts the framerate to hinder your preformance...

it also give players with expencive new machines the sence they did right by upgrading.

if you have a friend in the company im sure you can get the throttling removed..

but dont ever think EA would admit to activity like this... its within there rights to do it but they dont have to tell you.

I am a 40+ adult and former military.

This game is exactly what the devs said this game would be.

You can argue about a number of things, but you can not argue that they ever said that this was going to be SWG II.

So you don't like? Well then, mister successful adult and blah, blah, blah, go elsewhere.

Do you always do this, though? If you go to a restaurant and do not find it to your liking, do you stand up and tell the other patrons that you are leaving and never coming back because you found something to be lacking?

If you stop in to a store and it doesn't measure up to what you think it should have been, do you give a little speech in the middle of the store?

Then why do you do it here?

No one cares. Really.

You as an individual are not important in our lives. The only purpose that you fill for the vast majority of us is that you are a tiny part of the bigger machine that is this game.

As long as the game goes on, as long as enough other people, again, the vast majority of whom I will not ever know, continue to play the game, the game will be here for myself and others that wish to play it.

That isn't a statement of me being a cold person who cares only for themselves. I am all good with you finding something that you do enjoy.

Just do not think that I care about getting an update.

I have my own world of friends and family and people that I interact with at least semi-regularly that are neither, and you are none of the above.

As soon as I hit 'submit reply', you go back to being a nonentity to me.

The internet makes far too many people think that they are far more important than they are.

Edited by Mithros

Wow, there's a lot of pointless whining here.

Enjoy the game? Great! You win!

Don't enjoy the game? That's fine to! I'm sure you'll find others you can enjoy.

Making a thread to have a whine that you don't enjoy a game no one is forcing you to play?

Well that's just strange.

In SWG I really felt compelled to login to the game to LIVE.. like it tapped into my need to live and that's creepy maybe .. but it tapped into my my needs.

I'm a very successful person and I need a game to replicate what I do all day --- that I can have fun with and take risks with in the evening.

Does that makes sense?

No, no it doesn't.

I stopped reading replies after this ridiculous comment. Internet anonymity ftw. Living in your moms basement until the claim that it makes great financial sense does not mean you have a high IQ.

That person you quoted was actually being sarcastic.

sounds like to me you are yet to find a good guild, I have two 50s working on my third, no matter which one I am on I can always find something to do.

I can craft stuff and sell it on the GTN.

I can do dailies and earn extra credits and daily points and get better Mods and PVE gear.

I can PVP and work on getting better PVP gear.

I can go to Ilum and do world PVP there.

I can do some space battles and earn extra credits.

I can go do a Hard Mode Flashpoint or Operation.

or I can go work on a new character.

[...]

There are loads to do seems to me you are just looking for a reason to complain.

Don't forget the puzzles strewn all over the galaxy. There are still datacrons I haven't figured out how to get to, and a puzzle on the Imperial Fleet I'm trying to figure out. I will only "not know" these things this one time, as I play this game for the first time, so I don't want to spoil it for myself by googling the solutions. Where's the fun in that?

And as Leonard Nimoy sang...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

Glad you picked up that gem. I remember when the album came out in the early seventies and a friend's sister bought it. It was titled "The Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy". One side of the album was whimsical stuff like "Bilbo" and the other was the logical Spock material. Bad, even in it's day. :D

Edited by Bamajawn

this mega corporation is in with others that sell computer parts...

the game scans your hardware when you launch to game, then adjusts the framerate to hinder your preformance...

Oh my god - you actually believe that don't you? Are you an 'adult' who partook of too many KoolAids in the 60's?

Anyway, you may be interested in this amazing hat I can sell you - guaranteed to keep your thoughts private from the government who are in cahoots with the lizard aliens that actually run all the mega coorps.

Seriously though, seriously? You really believe that. Wow :)

Any particular hardware maker they're in bed with, or is it a blanket "every piece of hardware from every company anywhere in the world" kind of deal? Do they get money from this? Does it appear on their publicly available books? (Silly question I guess, because this knid of conspiracy demands that all transactions from hardware makers would be hidden under some innocuous entry in the books rather than "back-handers from hardware company")

And when the game company has purposefully crippled their own game, on your hardware because they've decided you should spend more on computer hardware, can they just write off you as a player spending any more money on the game, because obviously not everyone will rush out and buy new hardware ... some will just return the game or plod on with the 'fake' crippled performance.

Oh and just thought of one, is it every game maker doing this too? I guess it would have to be otherwise you'd get the situation of someone playing a game from Activision, say, and remarking how well it ran on his hardware and then playing a game from EA, say, and noticing that it was seriously underperforming. This would then impact EA adversely in the computer games industry, more so than the kick-backs from the hardware makers I'd guess.

So every game maker, everywhere, is cahoots with every hardware maker, everywhere, and receives payments for purposefully making their own games run slow on hardware that they think they can get an upsell on new parts for. Just wanted to clear that up :)

I also work 60+ hours a week like most adults and in all other mmos I've played I'm always quickly left in the dust by most people I play with that work much less or are basement dwellers.

Its nice to play this game and feel I can still be part things and part of guilds without always being the odd man out do to gear or lvl becouse I play less.

would I like tor to be a bit more sandbox,yes but no so much that I have to leave work early to log in to work again lol.

I don't understand.

So an adult doesn't understand that different people of all ages have different interests and prefer different things? How can an adult judge everyone based on his own opinion?

Did the OP really state that "smart adults should only be interested in sandbox games, and no other genre", or did I miss something?

Yep, you missed something. This game is turning out to be another cookie cutter MMO without any compelling reasons to really want to log in.

The tedium of dailies (like many other MMOs) isn't original nor is it fun. Multiple currencies (like most other MMOs) means you have to do them and/or Hardmodes repetitively to get better gear.

Sometimes I want to log in and just be social, but not in this game.

Space on rails is about as boring as it gets. We've had many other MMOs with flight simulator type space combat, but this is definitely a step down from that.

There should be more to a MMO than 1) grind up to level cap, 2) do the same quests over and over again hoping for drops, rinse/repeat.

To the OP:

As a fellow adult..I have absolutely no interest in sitting around and idly farming or being bored out of my mind. I want Galatic Star Wars adventures and stories...Im glad I came to SWTOR. Sorry you were looking for Space Farmer extrodinaire and good luck to you; not sure why you came here since Farming crops has absolutely nothing to do with star wars. Infact didn't the only farmers we ever saw in the films get blown to bits?

Some of you know me as IagIag or Tubomixer from sunrunner from SWG and I DO NOT WANT TO start another debate about that..

The gaming world is headed to absolute consulitis (yea like tonsiliutus) or just follow this this pretty script and you'll be at level 50 ! and then you can hang out in the republican fleet hanger and show off some uber speeder...

I like sandboxes.. alot.. BUT as an EVE player for 7 years that environment doesn't work either - EVE is a guild controlled world. I have 10 and 10's of billions of dollars of ships and stuff there but I never meet anyone I trust enough to game with (and thats after many bad friend ships (pun intended) and I love the idea of eve.. but I can't spend two months on a ship to have it destroyed in 2 minutes.

So back to this game and SWG.

I'm a middle aged adult and I grew up as a person who not only had to make his/or her way financially but I had to make my way as a person who had interests, dreams, passions, endeavors, etc..

ANYONE who wants to live needs to have a need to do that..

I played so many games in the 90's eq, BF, RB6, all that etc..

In SWG I really felt compelled to login to the game to LIVE.. like it tapped into my need to live and that's creepy maybe .. but it tapped into my my needs.

I'm a very successful person and I need a game to replicate what I do all day --- that I can have fun with and take risks with in the evening.

Does that makes sense?

I spent the last two weeks playing Farming Simulator 2011 because I was so tired of fighting everything and everyone in this game.. i just wanted to plant crops and raise some cows..

That's what SWG was.. . i t was a career game.. you could fight, dance, mine, raise pets, bio engineer pets, make clothes

.. bioware has no financial interest in adults.

No game will ever come close to SWG(pre-cu) imo. I like SWTOR alot and will continue to play but yes, sandbox is where its at for me.