1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

Or release the bulk of it that's ready and hold off the rest. Another idea would be to stop the "Hey look at what is coming in 1.2...wait we already talked about it, well hey look at what is coming in 1.2 again" type of postings of info. Its the equivalent of listening to that stupid ship droid talking about my diet for the millionth time

nothing is more annoying then that Droid, including my wife.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or release the bulk of it that's ready and hold off the rest. Another idea would be to stop the "Hey look at what is coming in 1.2...wait we already talked about it, well hey look at what is coming in 1.2 again" type of postings of info. Its the equivalent of listening to that stupid ship droid talking about my diet for the millionth time

that's what they did with the game. they could have waited another 5 or 6 months to get the rest of this stuff in at launch, but decided to let us play while they finished a few last minute details. didn't go over too well. how many threads have been started complaining that the game should have been help back until this stuff was done?

no, i say hold it until it is done. i know there will still be problems, there always are. i would just rather have them fine tune it as much as they possibly can.

It's not work or a job.

Unsub till they release the part of the game that should have been out when they launched.

Might make them hurry:)

Actually, it might be better to get ready for the patch. I.e. levelling up characters of different species and gain a lot of legacy levels.

Geezuz... If I told my boss i'd have something for him "Soon" and it took another 3 weeks i'd get fired.

Hey BW how about changing the "Soon" on the updates page to say "TBA" ? WOuld more accurately reflect your schedule..

:D lol

Turbine already trademarked "Soon" for LotRO. :p Usually meant "Not for a long time". ;)

A lot of the people posting on these boards remind me of the little brat on a 12 hour flight who HAS to scream and fuss to let EVERYONE know how bored they are. "If the shoe fits" makes sense here haha. And just like on that same flight, we will all be happy when the brat is gone!

Wait and see i will be surprised if the launch date isnt on the site tommorow when it comes back up. And i believe the patch will hit on thursday the 12th. But i dont think it will be any later than the 17th.

No, I guess the 12 in this month

with an alledged 1.7 million subscribers paying 15 in addition to the original game price, thats quite alot of budget to work with. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for significant developments to be made with that kind of money running around.

http://tor.zam.com/story.html?story=28811

"According to the LA Times, 800 people across 4 countries spent nearly $200 million dollars creating Star Wars: The Old Republic. With 1,600 hours of story and 1,000 voice actors for 4,000 characters in 3 different languages, it doesn't seem like a far-fetched number."

EDIT:

And that doesn't include the recurring server/staff/et. fees. BW isn't exactly swimming in cash just yet.

Edited by deejK

BW/EA will release the patch after the next monthly payment cycle (around the 23rd of the month when back in December most of the current subscribers joined up). They will make sure that they get a full months worth of subs before releasing 1.2. Doing this will protect them just in case 1.2 fails. This will also give them another month to make empty promises to hold on to subscribers.

Instead of treating those who signed up and spent money to play a game that was far from finished with any sort of gratitude they are continuing to string us along. I canceled my sub last week after I saw that 1.2 wasn't out yet and that's when I remembered that EA is really capable of this underhanded crap.

Its a tools mentality like this that prevails in most mmoers nowadays. Far from finished? This was the most polished mmo I have EVER played. It has good class balance, (course there are some better classes in pvp, and pve, but that is with every game) and it had end game pvp with three warzone areas with pvp armor, end game pve, Hardmodes, dailies, and raid content. It has easy to do crafting, thats not hard no annoying. It has a good character story-line, with plenty of good world story-lines (loved Voss sith storyline, and republic Corellia). Because you choose to skip these, does not mean this game is far from finished.

I swear you new mmoers are so spoiled and self entitled little divas. When Wow came out they had one end game dungeon, Molten Core. Of which you had to take 39 other people to do a several hour raid, in order to get 1 or 2 people a peice of gear. How do people think that was end game? They didnt even have warzones, and the only pvp they had was open world, with zero incentive to do it, because no world bosses dropped loot. The only real pvp they had was disgruntled paladins who ran around killing lowbies because they couldnt kill anyone their level.

Get over yourselves already, its a freakin joke.

Its a tools mentality like this that prevails in most mmoers nowadays. Far from finished? This was the most polished mmo I have EVER played. It has good class balance, (course there are some better classes in pvp, and pve, but that is with every game) and it had end game pvp with three warzone areas with pvp armor, end game pve, Hardmodes, dailies, and raid content. It has easy to do crafting, thats not hard no annoying. It has a good character story-line, with plenty of good world story-lines (loved Voss sith storyline, and republic Corellia). Because you choose to skip these, does not mean this game is far from finished.

I swear you new mmoers are so spoiled and self entitled little divas. When Wow came out they had one end game dungeon, Molten Core. Of which you had to take 39 other people to do a several hour raid, in order to get 1 or 2 people a peice of gear. How do people think that was end game? They didnt even have warzones, and the only pvp they had was open world, with zero incentive to do it, because no world bosses dropped loot. The only real pvp they had was disgruntled paladins who ran around killing lowbies because they couldnt kill anyone their level.

Get over yourselves already, its a freakin joke.

What year did WoW launch and what did the MMO market look like? What year did TOR launch and what did the MMO market look like?

See the difference?

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

So why wasn't the game released when it wasn't ready?

http://tor.zam.com/story.html?story=28811

"According to the LA Times, 800 people across 4 countries spent nearly $200 million dollars creating Star Wars: The Old Republic. With 1,600 hours of story and 1,000 voice actors for 4,000 characters in 3 different languages, it doesn't seem like a far-fetched number."

EDIT:

And that doesn't include the recurring server/staff/et. fees. BW isn't exactly swimming in cash just yet.

Yup and simple math (1.7Million times 60 dollars, plus 1 month of sub fees of which we will conservatively say half of the 1.7 million (generally half of the player-base quits after the first 3 months) times 16 bucks a month, equals a grand total of approx 115.6 million dollars, not too bad for an opening quarter. Lets say only 700 thousand players continued their sub, thats about 11 million dollars a month they get, it will take them roughly a total of 7 months after the initial first months payment to get to the 200 million mark, so in less than a year they can conceivably make back the money they invested, obviously not counting the current expenditures.

What year did WoW launch and what did the MMO market look like? What year did TOR launch and what did the MMO market look like?

See the difference?

I see the difference, I see people who play mmos are ruining the market. Of all the released mmos that have came out over the last few years, the vast majority have went free to play or closed their doors entirely. SWTOR is a polished full mmo, the first I have ever played as I said, nothing new or innovative about it (outside of voice acting etc) but it has all the elements you want for a mmo, plus a classically wonderful genre/story, Star Wars.

Tell me, what more do YOU want? Magic carpets and and sharks with freakin lazer beams shooting out of their eyes?

I see the difference, I see people who play mmos are ruining the market. Of all the released mmos that have came out over the last few years, the vast majority have went free to play or closed their doors entirely. SWTOR is a polished full mmo, the first I have ever played as I said, nothing new or innovative about it (outside of voice acting etc) but it has all the elements you want for a mmo, plus a classically wonderful genre/story, Star Wars.

Tell me, what more do YOU want? Magic carpets and and sharks with freakin lazer beams shooting out of their eyes?

Something that isn't a straight rip off of WoW for a start. A game that makes being part of the community fun and not a chore.

At this point I'd kill for a simple place to display my character's biography. :p

Edited by Dezzi

I agree, SWTOR is the only mmo or game to pull me away from wow. Sure it needs some tweaks but they seem to be working hard on them. People just expect too much too soon, give it time and they will tweak and addon things we all want. They already are.

Something that isn't a straight rip off of WoW for a start. A game that makes being part of the community fun and not a chore.

I don't think there are anymore unique games, its pretty much all been done. They are all the same but different in may ways.

Edited by RicoFrost

I don't think there are anymore unique games, its pretty much all been done. They are all the same but different in may ways.

Then a game like "Portal" comes along.

But seriously though, WoW has had 7 years to develop and polish. You can't compare it to SWTOR now. It's only been out for 5 months.

Content and changes will come in time. But for a newly released MMO in a market that has to compete with giants such as WoW, I think it's doing a pretty incredible job.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames