1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers

04.06.2012 - Republic and Imperial forces battle for control of a Denova beachhead in this new Warzone coming to Game Update 1.2 on April 10th! View More

seems that it could be as early as tue

Maybe you should look again, because it does NOT say a date. If if did when it was first posted, I'm sure it was a mistake by someone and was quickly changed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should look again, because it does NOT say a date. If if did when it was first posted, I'm sure it was a mistake by someone and was quickly changed.

It was fixed pretty quick it seems.

But it was also hinted by a stephen reed tweet to be this week coming up also.

I'm betting that saturday or sunday will be the official announcement.

Just to confirm, we are not going to be deploying Game Update 1.2 on Tuesday. This was a minor text error that has since been corrected. I'll be closing this thread and redirecting you all to this main discussion that is currently underway. Rest assured, that you will know ahead of time when Game Update 1.2 is going to be released.

Thanks

this was put on in a other post by JovethGonzalez

This means they lied cause after next weak EARLY april is gone in my book. its taking to long for to many people to wait on it. shame..

Edited by Wobbyeta

Greetings Everyone,

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers

04.06.2012 - Republic and Imperial forces battle for control of a Denova beachhead in this new Warzone coming to Game Update 1.2 on April 10th! View More

seems that it could be as early as tue

In response to the quoted text from obi_don, we would like to clarify information regarding the release date for Game Update 1.2. Below is a quote found in this thread.

Just to confirm, we are not going to be deploying Game Update 1.2 on Tuesday. This was a minor text error that has since been corrected.

Rest assured, that you will know ahead of time when Game Update 1.2 is going to be released.

Thanks

Edited by Notannos

Are you on the PTS?

I'm thinking not.

because I am.

And I have been actively testing this whole time.

I want you to name one "Bug" on the PTR that's going to make people rage.

Because the game on the PTR as I and my guild have personally been testing (and we are the only known guild to have cleared all content currently on PTR) they have fixed pretty much every bug we sent a bug report in about and the content patch is ready for live servers.

In my humble opinion as a dedicated tester and someone who has seen it first hand.

I deleted the game with the ptr before so I'm not on the PTR atm but I was just in a few days ago and I have read countless reports that contradict your so to me your opinion is in the minority.

Edited by Quintan

It was fixed pretty quick it seems.

But it was also hinted by a stephen reed tweet to be this week coming up also.

I'm betting that saturday or sunday will be the official announcement.

The closest thing to an announce date for 1.2 from Stephen has been "Soon".

soon

   adverb, -er, -est.

1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

$15/mo does not give each player creative control over content, Blizz is under no obligation to give out fictious dates only so people can whine when that date is not met. Blizz cannot release any updates until they are ready and they cannot give out release dates until they know it can be met.

The patch is coming and we know that will be soon.

Blizz as in Blizzard? lolz

My subs run out on 11 and i will renew it only if 1.2 releases this month. If not too many new MMOS are releasing in a month or so.

And I'm sure everyone cares and BW will release a rushed patch that breaks more than it fixes JUST so you won't leave us! The nerve of these people...

And I'm sure everyone cares and BW will release a rushed patch that breaks more than it fixes JUST so you won't leave us! The nerve of these people...

I think they may have that mindset at release, why stop now?

I think they may have that mindset at release, why stop now?

the release is completely different to this patch, it was released in late Dec because they wanted a christmas release. there is no reason to rush this patch like that.

i

i am as impatient as the rest of you, but i would much rather a good patch to a buggy one. all i have to say is "ilum". you can understand when some1 makes a mistake, but to make the same mistake over and over ---- well i'm sure you can finish that sentence.

Rushed patch? Come on man, really?

1.2 has been in development since Jan 19 at the latest....by my count that's almost three months, and that's being generous since all of these features have undoubtedly been in development longer.

Rushed patch? Come on man, really?

1.2 has been in development since Jan 19 at the latest....by my count that's almost three months, and that's being generous since all of these features have undoubtedly been in development longer.

I love posts from people who have never done anything more complicated with a computer than to watch **** and play games. Get a clue about coding and development on a massive scale, then come back to crying about it.

I love posts from people who have never done anything more complicated with a computer than to watch **** and play games. Get a clue about coding and development on a massive scale, then come back to crying about it.

I'll bet you have a massive wealth of knowledge on the subject. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest here, Bioware/EA are the freaking kings of DLC, it's pretty obvious this patch is going to be released right after the 3 month subs roll around.

It's not rushed, it's calculated.

R1.2 has been in development since Jan 19 at the latest....by my count that's almost three months, and that's being generous since all of these features have undoubtedly been in development longer.

How long do you think it should take to conceptualize, design, document, develop, prototype, create art work, program, test, debug, re-test, and deploy a major software update?

and what about ppl that pretend to understand how a company works. if you work for BW or EA, or are an ex employee for either then i take this back. if, as i expect your don't or haven't, lets not pretend you know how long it takes for BW to develop anything. just because you understand how to program pong don't make you super coder either (see i can make a bold statement that i have no way of backing up as well).

but here is something BW said when they released the last big patch about the rak-gouls, that that is something they had been working on for more than a year. so its a fair guess to think they have been working on this a lot longer than 3 months