Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Force users should be more powerful! Than Non-force Users!

Ch_Zero

go to wookiepedia and search jedi hunter. In Star Wars literature, films, games, etc there are countless examples of non-force users who were able to match and defeat jedi (even the most powerful jedi). With the assistance of implants, non-force users could match jedi in physical combat. There are weapons that cannot be blocked by lightsabers. Plus, there are lifeforms that literally repel the force, rendering force users within their radius powerless. So yeah-- it's entirely possible for an agent, bounty hunter, trooper, or smuggler to defeat a jedi (even the most powerful).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith inquisitor

Warrior

Jedi

Sage

All force users should be powerful

Secondary is Bounty hunter

They can stand up to force users and beat weak ones, but Shouldn't beat strong ones.

Agent / trooper / smuggler are kind of minion roles.

How can they match a force user? unless they can resist the force since they have force potential themselves!?!

;O

General Grievous was a non force user and all Jedi feared him even the counsel. His track record for killing jedi is rediculous.

no clue if anyone will read this, but kreia and atton in kotor 2. Remember them?

Kreia explained to atton that in many ways he was more capable than a jedi.

Atton would later tell the exile that he hunted jedi - that he was trained to and that he was good at it.

The ability to use the force is one thing, but to use it well or be strong enough in it is another.

Also remember the trailers for this game? The trooper was able to run up to Malgus and blast a grenade - and fire shots at him.

In a way, I actually agree with the original comment about force users. There are very few references where a non force user can stand even for a moment against a force user. Even a top notch main character like Han Solo draws his blaster and fires several dead on shots at Vader who doesn't even blink and rips it from his hands with the force.

Garbage, Vader so outlevels Han at this point it's ridiculous. As per the d20 Star Wars 2nd Edition Players Handbook, during the original trilogy Han starts as a Scoundrel 6/Soldier 2, while Vader is Fringer 1/Jedi Guardian 18. Vader has twice the levels that Han Solo has, of course Han couldn't hit Vader, that would be like you a level 25 in this game trying to fight a level 50 mob.

Edited by RocNessMonster

hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid

Nah, I prefer these:

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

:p:p:p

Edited by Altyrell

Nooooooo NO to this. This is what kept me from SWG. Without Jedi, Sith, Lightsabers, the Force, STAR WARS IS JUST A MEDIOCRE SCI-FI. That's a fact. If I can't play as a Jedi from the beginning then there's no point. Jedi are the only part of Star Wars I actually like.

Frankly I don't care that force users are equal with non-force users. It doesn't bode well for Lore, but I don't care. It's a fun game. Even then... I watched Attack of the Clones. I saw many a Jedi just drop dead from being shot be a regular droid "trooper".

You know what? Screw it. I think the game keeps on with Lore. Force users aren't invincible. They are just elite. They are also fighting elite bounty hunters, agents, etc... and these people have fought many Jedi/sith in their path to level 50. I say it's completely fine.

There is something you may want to look at. In SWG time period there shouldnt have been a lot of jedi around. All the jedi were either killed or in hiding so in the beginning the way SWG had the jedi done made absoulte sense. Though yes it was harder but in made perfect sense in the lore of the time period.

In the time period on TOR no there are a lot of jedi/sith running around and that's how it was designed.

Does that mean every jedi is more powerful than a bounty hunter/trooper, etc no. Jedi do die we have examples of that.

No one is inviincible. Every one is prone to be hurt at some point and that what makes things more interesting.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I'm trying to understand in comparison to movies and lore etc.

It's all Sith, Darth, and the emperor etc. the Emperor is a force user.

the only significant one you hear about in Lore who was a non-force user was mandalore.

I DUNNO YOU! but I saw Cad Bane take on TWO! of Top Notch Jedis in the entire history of star wars, and hold his own! Even get the upper hand!

So yea if we go for Lore, Hunters > ALL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.