Marking enemy players

Spondgebob

Who was the genius that got this idea in bioware? It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

Every game i enter the first 1-2 minutes is ok, until someone notices that im the healer and marks me... after that everywhere i show up i get attacked by +4 ppl and it's a gg for me i can survive maybe every 2 mins for more then 15 sec if my Reactive shield is up and there is no more then 1 sith warrior on me since i get choked while other players are hitting the pinata.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the genius that got this idea in bioware? It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

Every game i enter the first 1-2 minutes is ok, until someone notices that im the healer and marks me... after that everywhere i show up i get attacked by +4 ppl and it's a gg for me i can survive maybe every 2 mins for more then 15 sec if my Reactive shield is up and there is no more then 1 sith warrior on me since i get choked while other players are hitting the pinata.

Its a teamwork mechanic.

Why punish them for having the sense to focus fire a marked healer? Maybe you should look at your own team and ask why nobody is peeling them off of you as a healer.

I mark the healers in every warzone I can. When i'm in a premade they get burned down fast and we effectively take away the healers helping us get the win. When i solo queue and I mark the healer, they usually do not attack the targets. Marking for me only works half the time.

I do love this feature though.

OMG OMG OMG... focus fire from 4 people and you live 2 minutes ? THIS IS OUTRAGE! Healer are OP and should be nerfed!!

You see what I did here ? :p

Its a teamwork mechanic.

Why punish them for having the sense to focus fire a marked healer? Maybe you should look at your own team and ask why nobody is peeling them off of you as a healer.

Teamwork mechanic is having main dps and assisting him and focus fire. Spotting enemy player from far away is just dumb.

It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

You do understand that can still happen by means of focus target and focus target modifier right? Anyways, player marking has been a part of PvP games for years now and that is not going to change.

OMG OMG OMG... focus fire from 4 people and you live 2 minutes ? THIS IS OUTRAGE! Healer are OP and should be nerfed!!

You see what I did here ? :p

Noone is talking about getting killed by more then 4 players im talking about getting attacked by more then 4 players before you even start casting or healing, every player leaves their current target and attacks the marked one when they see it that's the problem.

PS.You see what u made out of urself now?

Teamwork mechanic is having main dps and assisting him and focus fire. Spotting enemy player from far away is just dumb.

I disagree. It is a teamwork mechanic that improves communication. If it wasn't a teamwork mechanic it wouldn't be related to the game. Mechanic is a broad term and your narrow view of it does not satisfy what it means.

If you haven't been in many coordinated premades I'd understand why you cannot see it as such. "Stack on star", "Focus fire", "Peel from shield" are all easier to say than "Peel from <Insert on player name>", "Stack on <insert player name>", "Focus <player name>".

Makes communication more direct and less prone to errors since everyone like to wear their endlessly long titles.

What's "dumb" is the team that does not come protect the healer when it has become obvious the opposition has noticed and marked who the healer is.

At most, the marking is but a convenience tool. When you have at least average skilled players in the game they don't need any 'marking' to recognize who the healer is.

In my case, once I see who frequently displays casting bars and casting icons for heals, after that I have no problem whatsoever immediately identifying that same person in different engagements. I actually remember the names, the class, the visual distinctions in armour or weapon, and what's most obvious would be repetitive heal casting bars... the results of practicing accurate tab/mouse targetting also helps.

All this, and I'm not even a top-grade PvPer.

When you are being constantly chekced by enemy players, then it's really got nothing to do with the marking. It's your team's lack of cooperation that's the problem.

I agree, people should have to communicate and so to focus a healer, letting people "mark" em is just another step of dumbing it down.

For those of you who belive this is a good thing, read my last sentence.

I disagree. It is a teamwork mechanic that improves communication. If it wasn't a teamwork mechanic it wouldn't be related to the game. Mechanic is a broad term and your narrow view of it does not satisfy what it means.

If you haven't been in many coordinated premades I'd understand why you cannot see it as such. "Stack on star", "Focus fire", "Peel from shield" are all easier to say than "Peel from <Insert on player name>", "Stack on <insert player name>", "Focus <player name>".

Makes communication more direct and less prone to errors since everyone like to wear their endlessly long titles.

Please tell me how did u manage to mark enemy player with "Star" "Skull" marks above his head in World of Warcraft?

instead of crying you should ask your tank to guard you with the protection shield and someone should try to cc those who do most damage to you

fight teamwork with teamwork instead of breaking the enemy team's teamwork (that's a mouthful)

Edited by FoxNemhauser

It has to be a mistake to allow ppl to mark enemy players....they dont even fall off once you are dead....one mark at the start and you are closed out of the rest of the match if you are playing a premade....at least make it fall off once you die so the enemy team has to have the "skill" to mark you again.

Please tell me how did u manage to mark enemy player with "Star" "Skull" marks above his head in World of Warcraft?

Did you every actually play WoW? They had target marking since like BC (http://www.wowwiki.com/Target_markers).

Edit, actually now that I think about it your might be right. I don't remember if you could mark other players in PvP.

Edited by Briljin

This must be your first MMO healer. Healers are always or should be the number one target in an engagement. Learn to hide, LOS, get guarded, protected etc. That is part of the skill of the healer to survive to heal.

If you get focused by 4 you are probably going to die. Any class that gets focused by 4 is going to die quickly.

Is it ok to mark heavy dps players and not healers?

We are playing an MMO set in the future. You do realize that in today's military targets are marked and destroyed. You don't think that in the future that commanders would not be able to mark targets in heads up displays?

It would be nice if the game had built in comms so that pug group could have better comms but it doesn't.

Even if you aren't marked a good team will have comms and will focus you down.

BTW how exactly do you know you have been marked?

I suggest that maybe healing is not your strong suite and try something else.

It has to be a mistake to allow ppl to mark enemy players....they dont even fall off once you are dead....one mark at the start and you are closed out of the rest of the match if you are playing a premade....at least make it fall off once you die so the enemy team has to have the "skill" to mark you again.

skill? it's just convenience

as long as only leader can mark - it should stay as it is, if every member can mark it - fine, clear the sign when the target dies

Are you serious!? Have you even tried to mark ENEMY PLAYER not mobs, ENEMY PLAYER ... YOU CAN'T MARK ENEMY PLAYER

I edited my post to include that you where probably correct. Yet you could set any player as a focus target and keep them locked in the entire time. While no visual indicator it would allow you to use abilities upon them without having to actively target them and it would light up when they came into range.

I edited my post to include that you where probably correct. Yet you could set any player as a focus target and keep them locked in the entire time. While no visual indicator it would allow you to use abilities upon them without having to actively target them and it would light up when they came into range.

That's totally different, to remember who was the healer and to spot him and cc him, but not in the current way with mark on him

How tough is it to remember who the healer was when going against 8 people?

In every game they are easy to spot. They are the ones casting all the time and doing their little healing dances lol.

Just being a healer gets you killed it is not the mark over your head.