Incoming Operative/Scoundrel nerf, again..

Georg Zoeller: On the topic of nerfs, it’s obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don’t expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy. Practical matter is you need a complete bird’s eye view of all eight classes — how they interplay with each other, how the entire health of the game is — to fully understand how things go. There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works. If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people — yes, there aren’t many Operatives — but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause it’s not fun. We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

Bioware believes that Operatives/Scoundrels are still OPd, we're all doomed. I'm officially done with this game after reading this interview..

Interview Source: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19979-guild-summit-interview-with-georg-zoeller

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this statement looks like that:"Yes we don't touch the inquis/sages because we don't want to screw the majority away. Yes we balance the game on 1on1 occasions. And most importantly yes, we get our data from bad players who suck."

Well thanks for sharing the info. At least this statement is the prove that they really just try to entertain they majority.

Anyway I'm like that " :confused::mad::eek::( " now at the same time

If you read the article he is referring to the nerf done in 1.1.x Its a discussion on wether a dmgnerf was needed or a nerf to stunlock ability. Oddly BioWare went with a dmgnerf and an improvement on stunning. So i guess we can expect a swap between those in 1.2

If you read the article he is referring to the nerf done in 1.1.x Its a discussion on wether a dmgnerf was needed or a nerf to stunlock ability. Oddly BioWare went with a dmgnerf and an improvement on stunning. So i guess we can expect a swap between those in 1.2

Or we can expect for them to nerf our stuns further and leave the damage as is, or nerf our damage even more (Which wouldn't surprise me at this point.).

What's funny is that he mentions that hardly anyone plays scoundrels/operatives, but then continues to say that people will quit when they face teams of them.........

The more i read from these guys, the more I feel like they really have no idea what is going on in their game. :(

Even if I on the recieving end of stunlock I noticed that after last nerf most of Operatives rarely can kill me anyway if I notice that is is solo Operative that's attacking me. Nerfing them any further would be ridiculous.

I know that my guildie Scoundrel has hard times in Ops and FPs, especially EV where you have to solo one sub-boss. In PvP he is doing very well still but nothing seems OP about him.

Maybe I am being daft (that is always a possibility!) but are we sure that wasn't just a rhetorical example? I know I read something yesterday that had at least part of that quote in but then went on to mention a sawbones/agent healing buff and (I think) a bounty hunter damage nerf. Are there more definite specific plans up somewhere relating to upcoming patch changes for scoundrels?

Nerfing them any further would be ridiculous.

Irrelevant. People don't like being jumped, unless the jump-er bounces off like a small dog hit by a bus.

When I heard they weren't nerfing biochem, I pretty much took it for granted that more nerfs were incoming on the class.

Just yank Hidden Strike / Shoot First out of the class entirely and have done with it. Swap some of the functionality into another talent and call it a day.

Anyone notice the hypocrisy in his statement?

You mean the "it's small minded to assume we cater to our larger player base" followed by "so we made the decision to cater to our larger player base"? Nope, I didn't notice that at all.

I also noticed that "watching closely" is at odds with the earlier "we somehow forgot to plug them into our damage model" excuse they used previously.

Welcome to the ant farm.

Edited by SableShadow

Problem is people memory, we pop out of stealth and only take off 20% life and kill them(which stealth classes are inclined to jump on low health people) that will stick in their more than the 3k 3k 5k crits that came a few seconds before.

But an operative can go invisible...always gets the jump on ya, leaves ya cc'ed while doing damage, so annoying its unbeliveable. I'm a sage healer and they just waltz through defensive lines invisible and mess you up big time, easily the most annoying job, perma cc'ed till death sometimes by an invisble guy. Oviously it needs nurfing.

I don't find scoundrels/ops OP, but like any class in groups they are a pain. It's not fun when 3 scoundrels all pop out at the same time dealing massive damage. Doesn't mean they need nerfed, just countered correctly by the victim.

(I do use a scoundrel as well, it's a fun class that does its part)

I VOTE VETO! :mad:

But an operative can go invisible...always gets the jump on ya, leaves ya cc'ed while doing damage, so annoying its unbeliveable. I'm a sage healer and they just waltz through defensive lines invisible and mess you up big time, easily the most annoying job, perma cc'ed till death sometimes by an invisble guy. Oviously it needs nurfing.

It's their job to do that, how else are they supposed to play? You need someone who wreaks havok on the weak ranged classes. Don't complain because someone is good at what they do.

Problem is people memory, we pop out of stealth and only take off 20% life and kill them(which stealth classes are inclined to jump on low health people) that will stick in their more than the 3k 3k 5k crits that came a few seconds before.

True, the only people that notice are the ones who get finished off by stealth. I've raged at scoundrels/ops when I'm suddenly killed from a stealth pop. That's the name of the game though, not gonna complain.

SOLUTION: Don't make yourself look like an easy target (Staying in one spot while healing or ranged DPS, Avoid quiet locations at low health [i love killing people who aren't expecting it])

Edited by jackrunip

lvl 50 sage healer with 3 BM pieces, i've been attacked by all jobs too many times to count! Scoundrel is the worst, against other jobs i can pretty much carry on doing my job for the team while surviving against 1 aggressor, not if its a scoundrel!

I don't think he meant they are getting nerfed again.. I think he gave an example on why he nerfed them in the first place. Then he tried to tie not nerfing sorcs into that just cause alot of people play them doesnt mean they need nerfs.

I for one think that nerfs should stop, it destroys the pve aspect of the game.

Greetings, my cowboy-hatted friends!

You mean the "it's small minded to assume we cater to our larger player base" followed by "so we made the decision to cater to our larger player base"? Nope, I didn't notice that at all.

Good to see somebody else had the same reaction I did.

You can find our version of this same thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=357182

Cheers

Maybe I am being daft (that is always a possibility!) but are we sure that wasn't just a rhetorical example? I know I read something yesterday that had at least part of that quote in but then went on to mention a sawbones/agent healing buff and (I think) a bounty hunter damage nerf. Are there more definite specific plans up somewhere relating to upcoming patch changes for scoundrels?

You hit the nail on the head here. Problem is people are so desparate for information they disect every little word that is posted. i dont blame the devs for holding info as long as they can. I dont know whos more volitile, a mmo nerd or a women pmsing. oh wait the nerds are.

For me this statement looks like that:"Yes we don't touch the inquis/sages because we don't want to screw the majority away. Yes we balance the game on 1on1 occasions. And most importantly yes, we get our data from bad players who suck."

Well thanks for sharing the info. At least this statement is the prove that they really just try to entertain they majority.

Anyway I'm like that " :confused::mad::eek::( " now at the same time

You should re read the post. I took it as just because there is a large pop of one class it does not keep them safe from nerfs. in other word class population has no factor in whether a class in nerfed or not.

You should re read the post. I took it as just because there is a large pop of one class it does not keep them safe from nerfs. in other word class population has no factor in whether a class in nerfed or not.

^This. This is also affecting why smugglers feel so UP. The piles of ranged dps sages/inquisitors that are statistically higher in number than smugglers, so when scoundrels/ops try to match them they will on average especially lose in groups. 1v1 it is pretty fair and a dps scoundrel with a tank or healer buddy or a sawbones/sharpshooter combo will be a hard pair to beat.

If you are playing only solo scoundrel in pvp you are doing it wrong. I've had a lot of luck as a 'roamer' in pvp staying in proximity of the healer.

Even if I on the recieving end of stunlock I noticed that after last nerf most of Operatives rarely can kill me anyway if I notice that is is solo Operative that's attacking me. Nerfing them any further would be ridiculous.

I know that my guildie Scoundrel has hard times in Ops and FPs, especially EV where you have to solo one sub-boss. In PvP he is doing very well still but nothing seems OP about him.

Yeah. In that EV battle I was the 2nd to last one to finish off my boss. The last was a fresh 50. The tank and healer even killer theirs faster. I didn't use Disappearing Act as we weren't sure if that would reset it or not. However, fighting out of stealth, I was definitely not putting out damage like the rest of the team.

I should note that I was fighting one of the bosses with the highest HP. Also, he came nowhere close to taking me down. For whatever that is worth.

Edited by Wren_Atticus

Yeah. In that EV battle I was the 2nd to last one to finish off my boss. The last was a fresh 50. The tank and healer even killer theirs faster. I didn't use Disappearing Act as we weren't sure if that would reset it or not. However, fighting out of stealth, I was definitely not putting out damage like the rest of the team.

I should note that I was fighting one of the bosses with the highest HP. Also, he came nowhere close to taking me down. For whatever that is worth.

That fight is just a pain in the *** for Scoundrel/Operative. One of our biggest attacks can't be used at all, because there's no way to get positioning. And since there's no way to get positioning, we can't use Flechette Round either. I basically stick to a blaster whip/sucker punch rotation, throwing in Flyby and Sabotage Charge whenever it's off cooldown.

It's doable, but it's kind of boring. And really highlights some of the issues a Scrapper has a DPS class.