Are you content with SWTOR?

Magnijung

I'm content, for now.

I understand the whole "carrot and stick" thing, but when there are too many carrots, people will begin to realize that they don't like carrots that much.

I just got my character looking the way I want, with the orange moddable armor, but now with the upcoming augments slots, I gotta chase this new armor carrot -- when I still have other carrots to chase, in-game.

Content? Actually I'm quite happy and getting happier all the time with how the game is progressing and expanding, I've got atleast 300-400 hours spread out over 16 characters right now and I still enjoy the class quests, sidequests, warzones, flashpoints and heroics (a few exceptions ofcourse).

I'm not saying that the game is bug free, there are some glitches and annoyances but that's not unexpected with MMO's (especially if it's a MMORPG) but they fix things all the time, just because bug/glitch X isn't fixed yet doesn't mean that they aren't working on it, if you can name one MMO that doesn't have any bugs/glitches/annoyances then you need to take of the rose tinted glasses or go play that MMO instead.

if you are content then go back to single player games, you pay per month for dynamic changing and upgraded features, if you are content then why would they change anything you are an easy target to milk cash out of.

I'm not really getting what you're trying to say .

Edited by powergirl

I'm not really getting what you're trying to say .

He's saying that paying for a subscription based MMO, that only offers a linear single player carebear experience with co op tacked on, and pvp as an afterthought, is a bit asinine.

And I concur.

Edited by Dego_Locc

I'm not content with the game at all. This "1.2" update had better actually add something substantial or I will be cancelling my subscription. I just don't see the point in paying to look at my in game email once every week or so. Hedarr Soongh is deserted. 7pm and theres 5 people on Alderaan? WTH is that.

Interesting Post OP!

I makes me think about it, but ultimately I am content with SWTOR, and still love playing it. definitely needs some polish, and fixing, and refinement, but they are doing enough that I'm happy with it.

but you bring up an interesting point. I don't believe that the WoW Carrot keeps people coming back out of enjoyment...I think that it builds the addictive quality even if your frustrated, or bored with the game, the desire to get that one thing that may make your character better seems to always be right around the corner in WoW...

SWTOR is much different. I can play the game, and put it down far easier then I could WoW. to me this is a good thing. Perhaps they did lose people because they didn't dangle the carrot enough to detract from the issues with the game. But i don't think that's an advantage on WoW's part...I think it speaks volumes to Blizz's ability to make an addicting game, in spite of it's flaws.

Not good, but addicting. I've played LotRO and SWTOR in addtiion to others, and none ever had that "jees i hate this game! ok, time to work on my shaman" feel that wow had. sort of scares me to think of WoW having that aspect actually...

I haven't read your links yet but I intend to. For brevity (I have a tendency to be long winded) I neglected to mention that I do actually enjoy this game and see lots of potential. I MAY sub one more time to see 1.2, it makes a kind of sense, I shouldn't judge before the 'Jesus patch' hits.

It's also a matter of principle. This game was released sooner than it should have been (does anybody deny this?), to hit the holiday market. That was a decision by none other than EA. I have a serious ax to grind with EA, their actions (with ALL their games, not just TOR) speak louder than words to reinforce my view of them as a giant money hungry, quality be damned company. It's just sad that they are behind so many promising titles. Now, off to read your links...

I agree, this game was released before it should have been and that EA has had a horrible impact on Bioware as a company. I recently posted a rage fest on the ME3 forums due to the lack of an import function between ME1 save games and ME3 a massively advertised feature that is basically the backbone for the Mass Effect experience. I wish that both Bioware and Blizzard had somehow managed to avoid merger but unfortunately that's companies trading on the market for you. Glad to meet someone on the forums with an open mind for once, again sorry for my aggro laced response, it's a knee jerk reaction that I am all too used to.

I too also have a tendency to be long winded, as you may have noticed.