Are we actually due for a nerf? I can't even tell.

Serrowherrow

Nerfing us is pointless, there are other classes which needs nerf (trooper/scoundrels).

i cant agree with opinion, that other talent trees sux compared to anni.

Carnage got high control and its great for killing alone-runners, anni is pretty usefull in direct fight, yes but if you try rage,you will find it more fun to play and more damage to deal.

That was my maura experience...

Edited by Frridrich

I wouldn't mind a slight nerf to annhilation if carnage gets buffed. Bleed specs are a bore and easily counterable in this game (1 bh, op, or sorc dispel has 100% chance to remove BOTH annhilation dots--rated warzones will really cut this spec down). If carnage gets buffed, it won't be as counterable as annhilation and might be better in rated warzones just because of it's tank killing aspect (expect to see a lot of tanks in rated).

they should make rage the pvp tree since you get an extra leap, in theory it would be the best pvp tree because of the mobility if they buffed survivability .

the trees just dont seem to have functionality or direction

it doesn't have the survivability annihilation has... why annihilation is great.

Annihilation only looks overpowered because the other trees aren't anything to write home about.

Seriously, Carnage is terrible. It has potential, but it has very little going for it.

Rage is good, but boring beyond belief.

And yeah, Tanksins/Tankshadows are better at 1v1 than we are. This is evidenced by the fact that they are probably our hardest matchup, and we're supposed to be the best at prolonged fights (in other words 1v1).

Buffs and nerfs are important regardless. If they did'nt happen, people will just /faceroll certain classes that are only good for the sake of winning. This is the point of balance, not the class itself but the overal game. If a class becomes too powerful there needs to be a nerf or buff to keep people from just picking a class to cover their handicap or dropping them because they feel underpowered.

Based on what im hearing clsses are receving structural changes, whatever that means. Most likley changes to our skill trees since we suppose to be getting respecs with the latest changes coming.

I suspect they'll go after the defensive cooldowns. Damage is really good (pretty much best in game single target) but the real strength is the ability to apply that damage consistently through the variety of defenses (in particular undying rage). Edited by hadoken

I just hope they don't go overboard on defensive stuff.

People seem really confused by the idea that the Marauder/sentinal class gets defensive cooldowns and abilities to help it survive. The point is that you don't do -any- DPS when you're -dead-

True we have the capability to self-heal and mitigate a fair amount of damage, but it's certainly not like you'll find a marauder tanking HMs in the fleet. They do what they need to do, nothing less, and certainly nothing more.

I hope if we get any structural reworking, it's based around utility.

I just hope they don't go overboard on defensive stuff.

People seem really confused by the idea that the Marauder/sentinal class gets defensive cooldowns and abilities to help it survive. The point is that you don't do -any- DPS when you're -dead-

True we have the capability to self-heal and mitigate a fair amount of damage, but it's certainly not like you'll find a marauder tanking HMs in the fleet. They do what they need to do, nothing less, and certainly nothing more.

I hope if we get any structural reworking, it's based around utility.

Any 'problem' with marauders is a pvp thing only. Georg said in an interview recently that scrappers/operatives are within 5% of marauder dps. Considering how many of them whine about low dps (obviously without clearly knowing how much they do) marauders are fine in pve.

Really looking forward to the combat log (poorly implemented as it will be). Should really open up some eyes.

Since the valor changes I found myself dying a lot quicker so basically I think any class with good gear can take marauders on. The only two problems in pvp atm are sorcs and tankassins ruling Huttball. But that's just a warzone. The second one would be healer premades making voidstar look like a picnic fest.

The only way they would consider nerfing us is if we somehow are unstoppable in ranked. But let's be serious, sorcs are way better because they can do all kinds of stuff that we can't.

Pretty obvious I know, but since maras are a pure dps class if they nerf us they would just take away the only thing we can do in warzones. Carrying the ball is also ok but a tankassin buffed by our predation is ten times more efficient.

Edited by Ra_tm

I suspect they'll go after the defensive cooldowns. Damage is really good (pretty much best in game single target) but the real strength is the ability to apply that damage consistently through the variety of defenses (in particular undying rage).

As stated earlier, that's by design. Let's try imagining some PvP here.

If you run into the middle of a fight, you're going to get hit first, likely by AoEs. See those Sorcs on the edge of the fight? They're probably not getting hit by anything, because they have a bubble and they are out of the range of the other team's attacks. Well, let's go after them too. Oh wait, that was their healer, and now you've provoked the entire enemy team, because they see how much pure DPS can do to take someone out of the fight. You're about to get chain CC'd 8 times now. Hopefully you'll get off Undying or Force Camo while one of them slips up and misses the CC. Oh look, you got away, but take a look back again. They're still after you, and that Force Camo isn't going to help you for long. You've reappeared, and now you're forced to pop Undying. With the entire enemy team focusing you and no healers, you're left to die. Okay, now you have rezzed and you're back the fight. You run and the other team decided to focus you again. But wait, you have no defensive CDs this time. You're dead, again!

As stated earlier, that's by design. Let's try imagining some PvP here.

If you run into the middle of a fight, you're going to get hit first, likely by AoEs. See those Sorcs on the edge of the fight? They're probably not getting hit by anything, because they have a bubble and they are out of the range of the other team's attacks. Well, let's go after them too. Oh wait, that was their healer, and now you've provoked the entire enemy team, because they see how much pure DPS can do to take someone out of the fight. You're about to get chain CC'd 8 times now. Hopefully you'll get off Undying or Force Camo while one of them slips up and misses the CC. Oh look, you got away, but take a look back again. They're still after you, and that Force Camo isn't going to help you for long. You've reappeared, and now you're forced to pop Undying. With the entire enemy team focusing you and no healers, you're left to die. Okay, now you have rezzed and you're back the fight. You run and the other team decided to focus you again. But wait, you have no defensive CDs this time. You're dead, again!

So you get killed by a bunch of people focusing you whether you have defensive cooldowns or not.

What was your actual point? Or was that it?

I typically make my rebuttal in that without the ability to mitigate damage, it would be pointless to have a class that can kill you in 10-15 seconds if it's dead in 5.

This is the reason why Deception/Madness Assassins are so horrible. They explode as soon as other players left-click them.

They don't rage-quit. They get hit so hard, they get knocked off the server.

That is what makes the Marauders so strong, they don't fold like a house of cards.

+20% damage reduction on everything for 30 sec. It's almost like a +100% armor buff that works on internal/elemental damage too.

Darkness Assassins might be hard to kill, but they don't do near as much damage as an Annihilation Marauder.

So you get killed by a bunch of people focusing you whether you have defensive cooldowns or not.

What was your actual point? Or was that it?

My point was, we have reason to get focused, and then once we burn those CDs, we're SoL for roughly ~40 seconds.

Or, we could point how AoEs are going to getting spammed at the beginning of a Huttball match, and even when you're not the focus, you'll get hit.