The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

Heh, if Jedi were allowed to have relationships, marry, and have kids, then it would have averted the whole Anakin Skywalker disaster :eek::D

I thought Yoda was already mumbling about him being afraid and how he shouldn't be trained in the Phantom Menace, long before he was doing anything but getting funny feelings looking at the queen.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Her ancestor, Bastila Shan, was really strong in the force.

What about Satele?

I don't think she is. I mean, politically, yes. But powerful as a warrior in the Force? I don't see it. She gets me and my friends to do all the fighting, she won't even leave the council chambers. She just phones it in.

So she chose career over family? Apparently life is important unless she personally creates it.

She chose her obligations as a Master over her own personal life.

Her obligations to the Jedi Order were far more important than a choice of Motherhood, I personally think she was incredibly selfless to give up her son, most men wouldn't understand how that feels.

I don't think she is. I mean, politically, yes. But powerful as a warrior in the Force? I don't see it. She gets me and my friends to do all the fighting, she won't even leave the council chambers. She just phones it in.

What? she takes plenty of action in this game, have you done Black Talon? have you played the Knight storyline? have you played the Consular storyline? she has a very active role in the border skirmishes and keeping the peace.

From the trailers, it is made clear that she is no match for Malgus in a straight up fight. In return, when he was an apprentice and She a Padawan, he would have cleaved her in two were it not for her (awesome) master deviating Malgus's strike. In Hope, Malgus threw her against a tree with tremendous force and cut her lightsaber in two. She managed to delay him for a few seconds by using the Force but he would have prevailed hadn't the Trooper saved her. As for the guy who is saying she was going to break his saber, you have no idea what you're talking about, watch the video again (preferably in 1080p).

Now, as for the original question, yes she is very powerful, more so than most Jedi and Sith. Just not Malgus.

From the trailers, it is made clear that she is no match for Malgus in a straight up fight. In return, when he was an apprentice and She a Padawan, he would have cleaved her in two were it not for her (awesome) master deviating Malgus's strike. In Hope, Malgus threw her against a tree with tremendous force and cut her lightsaber in two. She managed to delay him for a few seconds by using the Force but he would have prevailed hadn't the Trooper saved her. As for the guy who is saying she was going to break his saber, you have no idea what you're talking about, watch the video again (preferably in 1080p).

Now, as for the original question, yes she is very powerful, more so than most Jedi and Sith. Just not Malgus.

The canonical abilities we have of Satele simply out-match anything Malgus canonically has, simple.

The canonical abilities we have of Satele simply out-match anything Malgus canonically has, simple.

And yet, her amazing force abilities did not save her in their two confrontations in which she would have ended up dead hadn't she received help.

Satele is the grand jedi master ofc she powerfull beyond your emagination of what POWER is "BUT".. if she faced of against the emperor she would be beaten so badly you wouldnt know her face from a roadkilled wamparat :p

And yet, her amazing force abilities did not save her in their two confrontations in which she would have ended up dead hadn't she received help.

The Hope Trailer, she ripped a mountain out.

She was just a padawan in the Intro.

Satele is the grand jedi master ofc she powerfull beyond your emagination of what POWER is "BUT".. if she faced of against the emperor she would be beaten so badly you wouldnt know her face from a roadkilled wamparat :p

Satele would dominate Vitate... Sidious or Luke would wipe the Floor and trash Satele.

Satele would dominate Vitate... Sidious or Luke would wipe the Floor and trash Satele.

So basically Satele can beat anyone anywhere, except for Malgus? Of course Luke could beat her Luke is the strongest jedi IMO.

Edited by EdwardPatton

Finding this pro-Malgus argument funny, he was far more trained than Satele in all occasions, he had years on her, and by the time she had just turned to Knight rank, he was a Darth:

Padawan>Knight>Master.

Apprentice>Lord>Darth.

See the difference there?

Fatal Alliance Satele blows Deceived Malgus out of the water.

I like how they ignore you cause they don't know what to say...