Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What's your opinion of the new 1.2 armor?

Folgrin

(Star Wars fan) remember, this is at least 3500 years before the movies, and i kinda like the crazy armors for the (SI)

Think of it this way - if SW were set in the modern world, then the TOR equivalent would be 1000BC - and we'd be dressed in furs!

Going a little "fantasy" should work, really.

I'm not sure.

On one hand, if they stick solely to Star Wars, every armor will look the same. Everyone will look the same. The only thing they can do is change the colors. I do not like hoods as a jedi knight. I want more variety.

On the other hand, if they try to change it drastically for the sake of variety, you have people who will feel upset that it won't feel like Star Wars.

So I am unsure what the devs should do.

I'm not sure.

On one hand, if they stick solely to Star Wars, every armor will look the same. Everyone will look the same. The only thing they can do is change the colors. I do not like hoods as a jedi knight. I want more variety.

On the other hand, if they try to change it drastically for the sake of variety, you have people who will feel upset that it won't feel like Star Wars.

So I am unsure what the devs should do.

Just less Final Fantasy and big shoulder pads and they'd do fine. Star Wars is Sci-Fi with an "analogue" feel to it, mainly because the franchise started when things were very analogue. Soo.. Sci-Fi, but not "Deus Ex" Sci-Fi. Mideaval will never fit into a Sci-Fi environment.

This is a game where players spent lot of time in.

Unlike for a book or a movie that you watch once or a few times, there is the need of variety if not just to avoid getting bored seeing the same look everywhere.

Variety is also needed so not everyone looks the same.

So in my opinion it's good to get some more style even it's not really what you would expect from Star Wars visuals. As long as it goes not go overboard.

And these new armor won't shock me inside SWTOR.

Edited by Elysith

This is a game where players spent lot of time in.

Unlike for a book or a movie that you watch once or a few times, there is the need of variety if not just to avoid getting bored seeing the same look everywhere.

Variety is also needed so not everyone looks the same.

So in my opinion it's good to get some more style even it's not really what you would expect from Star Wars visuals. As long as it goes not go overboard.

And these new armor won't shock me inside SWTOR.

I think what many people are failing to grasp is that TOR, itself, is 100% EU. Thus, you have to take into consideration all of what is canon in the EU.

That includes characters' appearances such as Darth Krayt, Darth Bane's orbalisk armor, and many MANY other examples, especially in the comic books. So far, everything I've seen, fits squarely in the Star Wars EU lore.

I like the new armor sets for both sides. I don't know why the OP has an issue with it. We have nothing to compare it to, seeing as the only people that wore armor in the movies were the troopers. Both the issue and sith only wore robes. They don't really have much to go on. As for the SI set, it looks like a force welding beast. Lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.