Republic "Purple Crytals" ?

Thannate

So I see this guy wearing no armor of course dancing with a purple saber, I think "oh NICE, they finally letting Republic get purple crystals (not the ugly pink one from Hoth whatever)" so I ask.. "Hey man that's awesome, so where did you pick up the nice crystal"

"From some black man in the sewers on Coruscant"

"Oh really, hrm... was it a vendor item or did it drop"

"I don't remember, but I think his last name was Windu"

"funny trolling me QQ, grats anyway"

So with that 10 second conversation I go and spam google for 15 minutes with the only news on "purple crystals" back in November or Jan. when Sith got them on PVP gear...

Anywho... does anyone know anything on the PURPLE CRYSTAL for REPUBLIC side?

thanks.

Edited by Thannate

Also if you're a Jedi, theres a sidequest on Tython where you have to hide the relationship of two lovers. They can bribe you into hiding the relationship with a purple crystal. Its really early too. :)

really.. i did that quest and all i got as a yellow one.

You can buy purple crystals Republic side? Can you do the same on Imperial side as well?

yes. afaik the ones that are already in the PVP weapons for either faction are cheaper on the fleet. (generally that should mean on the imp-fleet the cyan crystals are the more expensive ones)

the vendor was introduced with 1.1.5, and won't be around after 1.2

Edited by amnie

Oh wait just looked it up. Looks like it was purple in beta but they changed it to yellow. :(

They should have left it purple. I hated ratting them out the first tme, but then I discovered that you don't have to rat them out, and you don't even need to take a dark side point hit if you go back and talk them out of their relationship. But then, if they'd left it purple, EVERY Jedi that left Tython would have at least 50 Darkside points. lol

the funny thing is the quest still says purple...

Where in the quest? The Padawans involved never mention the color, just that it's 'rare' (which it is, being a blue-quality crystal). On Torhead the comments have people thinking it was supposed to be orange and disappointed that it changed. Weird.