Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But sure I agree... Make the ability while in bubble take 99% less damage and also take 99% less healing, but than also remove the cost of 50% of HP...

Does that sound good to you? I think its balanced this way. You will stop crying about us getting heales, and we dont have to risk anything when we use it, as we can use it any time we want?

Can't do that else it would get used everytime it was off cooldown, I would be happy to take 99% less healing if I got a 50% damage increase while it was active.

I'm a trooper who plays hybrid tank and sometimes assault in PvP.

Please enlighten me where in our trees we have an ability that can make us immune to all damage while we continue to nuke our opponents and get healed back to full, as well as a combat stealth.

Assault has crazy burst, yes, but we have no escape abilities or heals whatsoever, unlike this class, and even though we're supposed to have the biggest burst in the game, there is no beating a marauder who has the faintest clue what they're doing.

But heck, mara's can continue to be the best 1vs1 class for all I care, they just shouldn't be the most durable class around in group pvp. That should go to tank Guardians / Shadows / Vanguards.

Since when can we heal our selfs to 100% HP in those 5 sec? God get your facts straight...

Anywho, sure you have that bubble that gives you what, 50% damage reduction? Combined with the fact that you have a Bubble that makes your casts uninteruptibul (Fuk how you spell it), makes you able to spam traces missile/Grav Round until your eyes bleed...

Just saying, being able to spam the biggest dmamage dealing ability in this game with no penelty is a tad OP, dont you think?

Edited by OldxLady

Can't do that else it would get used everytime it was off cooldown, I would be happy to take 99% less healing if I got a 50% damage increase while it was active.

Ofcause it would be OP, but just saying we need a trade somthing if we are gona have another penelty...

Yeah sure even better, make while using that ability, we take 99% Less damage and Healing but also do 50% more damage ^^ I am so up for that, would make those 3v1 encaunters even easier ;P

Or maybe make the ability brake and Immune to CC when we use it? And still have the 5 sec 99% less damage and Healing taken... Ill trade it any time for this...

Like that ability Shadow have, that makes them immune to all CC and 100% less damage taken from Force and Tech(?) attacks...

Edited by OldxLady

What healing? Also what class other than mara doesn't have a hard CC? Did you read past page one of the thread there are tons of people explain how and why UR isn't OP.

1. You can still CC a Mara using UR

2. We have no heals

3. No hard CC

4. No knockbacks

5. Only medium armor

Without UR an IA/assi can kill a mara/sen before they get out of CC, a sorc/merc can kill them before they can get close, because of knockback as soon as a mara jumps.

You have self healing with dots in watchman, you have force choke, you can chase most targets indefinitely.

I'm talking group pvp: mara's are much tougher than any other melee due to their ability to pop UR when near death ("Trololol"), get healed back to full, get out.

If you don't believe me, spend a day at Ilum and see which class can jump into the enemy raid and get out again most efficiently, try to look at guardians, shadows, troopers and then sentinels.

Sentinel > Shadow > Guardian > Trooper.

I'm fine with them being hard to beat 1vs1, I call it a "Troll" ability because that's our perspective on the other side when you're fighting a Mara, winning, only to see them pop up UR and blow away the 30% health you had left without being able to do anything about it.

But again, I'm fine with that, when I spec assault I can blow away people as well.

I'm not fine with speccing shield and seeing Mara's last twice as long.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Shadows in the Infil line should really have this damage reduction skill (Shadows in general should).

A class which wears medium armor and according to Devs themselves is the highest Melee DPS should not have as many survival abilities as it does or at least do a REAL balance where other Melee classes get something to that effect.

I'll hold true judgement based on updates in 1.2 which hopefully address all these.

Shadows in the Infil line should really have this damage reduction skill (Shadows in general should).

A class which wears medium armor and according to Devs themselves is the highest Melee DPS should not have as many survival abilities as it does or at least do a REAL balance where other Melee classes get something to that effect.

I'll hold true judgement based on updates in 1.2 which hopefully address all these.

Ohh sure, combined with a permanent Vanish, that is sure not OP?

I can see it rigtht now, you fight a shadow get him to 5% he uses 5 sec damage immunity, he is not able to kill you even than, so he uses Vanish and get out... Yeah sure

Since when can we heal our selfs to 100% HP in those 5 sec? God get your facts straight...

Anywho, sure you have that bubble that gives you what, 50% damage reduction? Combined with the fact that you have a Bubble that makes your casts uninteruptibul (Fuk how you spell it), makes you able to spam traces missile/Grav Round until your eyes bleed...

Just saying, being able to spam the biggest dmamage dealing ability in this game with no penelty is a tad OP, dont you think?

Read before you reply.

Again, talking GROUP PVP, for the love of god. This game will never be balanced around 1vs1 or even small groups. That assumes a healer, I'm talking about how long classes last in relation to their suggested role and damage output.

Our shield gives 25% reduction every 2 minutes, commandos and mercenaries NOT powertechs and vanguards can get off uninterruptable heals and casted attacks during that.

Commandos and mercenaries NOT vanguards and powertechs, have tracer missile and grav round.

Please stop equating troopers / bounty hunters to both advanced classes combined into some uber boss class.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

You have self healing with dots in watchman, you have force choke, you can chase most targets indefinitely.

I'm talking group pvp: mara's are much tougher than any other melee due to their ability to pop UR when near death ("Trololol"), get healed back to full, get out.

If you don't believe me, spend a day at Ilum and see which class can jump into the enemy raid and get out again most efficiently, try to look at guardians, shadows, troopers and then sentinels.

Sentinel > Shadow > Guardian > Trooper.

I'm fine with them being hard to beat 1vs1, I call it a "Troll" ability because that's our perspective on the other side when you're fighting a Mara, winning, only to see them pop up UR and blow away the 30% health you had left without being able to do anything about it.

But again, I'm fine with that, when I spec assault I can blow away people as well.

I'm not fine with speccing shield and seeing Mara's last twice as long.

Except for all the other classes that do the same thing, right, Like Stealthers, Sorcs/Sages, etc?

If anything I agree that this ability should be given to knights/juggernaughts as well, rather than changed at all. It's the closest thing to a tradeoff you get for playing the classes that get instant human aggro from being right in people's faces swinging glowsticks in a game where ranged classes dominate.

When I fight Marauders and they do this, they either get stunned or die a few seconds later to DoTs.

When I fight stealthers and they do this, they get away, because they're in stealth.

Read before you reply.

Again, talking GROUP PVP, for the love of god. This game will never be balanced around 1vs1 or even small groups. That assumes a healer, I'm talking about how long classes last in relation to their suggested role and damage output.

Our shield gives 25% reduction every 2 minutes, commandos and mercenaries NOT powertechs and vanguards can get off uninterruptable heals and casted attacks during that.

Commandos and mercenaries NOT vanguards and powertechs, have tracer missile and grav round.

Please stop equating troopers / bounty hunters to both advanced classes combined into some uber boss class.

you forgot to mention that the bubble only gets you immunity IF you spec into it, and only Tracer Missiles IF you choose to give up the heatseaking missiles, fat chance..

Read before you reply.

I was not talking about your class, I was talking about Commando/Merc.. So you dont find it at all OP to be able to spam Grac/Tracer without any penelty?

Talking about group play, well sure... 3 Commd/Merc focus fire on targets is sure like hell not a deadly combo ;p

Edited by OldxLady

Ohh sure, combined with a permanent Vanish, that is sure not OP?

I can see it rigtht now, you fight a shadow get him to 5% he uses 5 sec damage immunity, he is not able to kill you even than, so he uses Vanish and get out... Yeah sure

In a WZ Vanish is only a very small utility skill and if you are forced to vanish then you are taking yourself out of the battle for X time to heal or whatever. If you have ever played a Assassin/Shadow in the DPS line then you would know how fast they can be taken down in that spec and they seriously lack melee survival support.

In a WZ Vanish is only a very small utility skill and if you are forced to vanish then you are taking yourself out of the battle for X time to heal or whatever. If you have ever played a Assassin/Shadow in the DPS line then you would know how fast they can be taken down in that spec and they seriously lack melee survival support.

Ture, easies target to take down ;P But dont forget the other spec you can use, you know the onw where you can be a tank?

I was not talking about your class, I was talking about Commando/Merc.. So you dont find it at all OP to be able to spam Grac/Tracer without any penelty?

Talking about group play, well sure... 3 Commd/Merc focus fire on targets is sure like hell not a deadly combo ;p

You dont think that there is a penalty ???

how about self root, and the fact the every other class have interrupts.

that about sums up the reason for this thread. ty for that. \m/

You can't take the end of sentence and not include the rest of it giving what TheRelic meant a whole new meaning. OP is a ****** or maybe into politics. Mara at low HP will always use UR how is that unpredictable. It is like saying a sorc using his knockback when running with the ball in huttball is unpredictable.

Ture, easies target to take down ;P But dont forget the other spec you can use, you know the onw where you can be a tank?

But that would involve people thinking, which in this thread people are just jumping on the "hate Watch/Ann" bandwagon and not thinking about the repercussions for the other two specs and how their representation will go down less without it.

Forgiving your spelling, I would have thought you read my post quite clearly, but it seems your typing is as accurate as your reading. I currently play a KC Shadow and I also have player a Infil Shadow, both with plenty of time behind them so I can speak quite easily about what they both bring and the positives/negatives on them.

Infil Shadows are FAR from what they need to survive in melee combat, close combat with light armor and no healing.

Guys, this is getting sidetracked, kiroshei will take liberties and this post will no logner be about Undying Rage but all other classes than his, and he will take what you write as proof that everything is unfair.

you forgot to mention that the bubble only gets you immunity IF you spec into it, and only Tracer Missiles IF you choose to give up the heatseaking missiles, fat chance..

Indeed, but I wasn't talking about commandos / mercs in the first place, that poster just chose to drag them in.

Except for all the other classes that do the same thing, right, Like Stealthers, Sorcs/Sages, etc?

If anything I agree that this ability should be given to knights/juggernaughts as well, rather than changed at all. It's the closest thing to a tradeoff you get for playing the classes that get instant human aggro from being right in people's faces swinging glowsticks in a game where ranged classes dominate.

When I fight Marauders and they do this, they either get stunned or die a few seconds later to DoTs.

When I fight stealthers and they do this, they get away, because they're in stealth.

Stealth also takes you out of the fight, it's a combat reset and therefore different from this ability, which allows Mara's to stay in the fight longer. They also have a reset anyhow.

Forgiving your spelling, I would have thought you read my post quite clearly, but it seems your typing is as accurate as your reading. I currently play a KC Shadow and I also have player a Infil Shadow, both with plenty of time behind them so I can speak quite easily about what they both bring and the positives/negatives on them.

Infil Shadows are FAR from what they need to survive in melee combat, close combat with light armor and no healing.

This is a shadow/ assa problem and should be addressed as such. Basing a marauder skill and wanting something similar is not the way to go about it. Class balance is fragile. You have a lot of stuff we don't and in return we get something you don't.

As to whether or not the skill is too powerful, I don't think so. It is as many others have stated a matter of what you get and what you don't get in return.

Marauders don't have a whole lot of tools and that is fine, but without defensive cool downs at our disposal we are very easy to kill.

I support juggs / guardians getting the ability, but only as dps for obvious reasons.

Ok but how is your cc going to help you capture a node or put a bomb on the door? Sure you survive the fight. But you lost the battle. All it takes is one mara/sent on a door in voidstar with a healer that switches back and forth through middle to keep that mara alive allowing you to never cap/advance. Think about how easy that is. He pops his cooldown. Screams in vent. Healer runs over. Heal heal. You "switch"(for the lolers posting before). Kill the healer. UR is off CD again now since you spent time on the healer(supposing you arent dead for attacking the healer while the mara/sent beats on you)...switch back to him & the healer comes back out to top him off on his second UR use. We can do this all day man.

This is why i think the 99% healing reduction is the best solution so far. Make the penalty an actual penalty and not what it currently is.

This really shows the OP is clueless about anything outside of tunnelvision.

If u have a kill target running low and u know he sits on a cheat death cd, ccing/interrupting anything but the incoming healer is what u see in randoms. No one in coordinated pre-made group play is or should be that retarded.

Outside of UR sents/maras will be a guardian/jugg with no escape mechanics except (if speced) increased run speed which reqs u to sit on the only burst u have, trading it for a slight chance to get away.

Force camo against ppl who know what theyre doing = ull get Stealth Scanned in their next global.

Taking this into account theres no way UR is going to get tweaked, u can qq all u want but thats expected when u get outplayed.

Only thing i can think of that might get devs attention is abusive use of increased speed in predation in huttball.

/thread

Wrong. You still take full dmg while using force shroud. Which is why you cannot compare the two.

O rly? have you ever played a warzone? You see as soon as an Assassin activates it he takes no damage from 4/5 players at once - I have an Assassin myself and it's basically invincibility and cc immune.

Stealth also takes you out of the fight, it's a combat reset and therefore different from this ability, which allows Mara's to stay in the fight longer. They also have a reset anyhow.

Those 2-3 GCD's aren't killing anyone that wouldn't have died from DoTs anyway, most likely, really just giving you a chance to get one last merc/dispatch in there before you die.

You're correct, they're different - the other classes' escape mechanisms leave you alive, with a pocket healer or not. And don't get me wrong, escape mechanisms are part of the game, I'm not complaining. I'm just saying Marauders aren't the only class that can do what you're complaining of.

Sorc/Sage can bubble/force speed and hit you with instants as they run away. Same basic thing as UR. You squeeze out a few more seconds of damage with the potential to survive even longer if you can self heal, get healed, or they don't give chase.

The only difference is Marauders don't run away because the distance does nothing for us. A Marauder running away is just a dead Marauder, they're best served in the thick of things doing their job.

Just going to throw it out there.

I seriously doubt the 50% health loss when activating the ability was meant as a "you want immunity? you pay the troll toll"

But instead meant to discourage players from using it at 50% health to turn the tide of a fight before they are as good as dead.

It has been brought up that with a pocket healer this class is extremely powerful. As a vengeance spec jugg with a pocket healer I can assure you I am very powerful as well. I also bring more utility to the fight "push/ stun/ interrupt on 8 second cooldown/ with spec as many as 4 gap closers. (intercede, obliterate, force charge/push/force charge again) extremely high burst or single target damage (depending on tree) Great survivability. Oh and don't let me forget Unstoppable... I could go on and on. The point here is... Why are we crying about the melee class that is far easier to kite and far harder to master. "But he has a GODMODE!!!!!" stun/knock-back/root/any form of defensive cooldown/ medpack/ pocket healer/ WZ medpack/ cleanse/ invisibility/ etc/etc/etc. Will counter that pathetic defensive cooldown. If you are by yourself and a marauder and his pocket healer finds you then maybe you deserved to die for roaming around by yourself in a warzone.