The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

I will stick around to see how the 1.2 patch turns out to be. However, if they continue the nerfing and reducing the PvE experience to a grind, i will see no point in continuing my subscription. They badly need to merge the servers and also add a functional LFG tool if they don't want to lose anymore subscriptions than they already have.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep re-subbed and still having fun, but thats just me, I never expected much, and the game has met and exceeded them, not perfect, but what are my other choices these days, some old an tired games that have been out for years, more orcs or elves, I see nothing coiming out that intrests me at all, in fact if I see another orc I am gona hurl..LOL

"P.S. Already cancelled & destroyed the game discs. "

Ranting flame much? I realize that the forums attract people with social and mental deficiencies sometimes... Just amazing to see so many. They don't like the game.. and unsub. Then, for some reason.. spend their time taking out their mental issues on other players and devs in the forums/general chat. You left. Go. Find something else to burn out your short-attentionspan on.

The game is brand new, it hasn't hit a major patch yet.. it plays wonderfully. It takes more than a flipping week or month for software devs to identify the best ways to handle fixing problems, not to mention the ludicrous social issues caused by players like the above poster in and out of game, and then churn out the monsterous piles of coding to fix things.. small or large.

Get a grip.

Maybe burning out playing 20hours/day to beat your epeen and make lvl50 in under a week wasn't worth it afterall, huh? I'm enjoying the RP, the stories, and look forward to the stories evolving. Looking forward to 1.2 and beyond, and hoping they allow transfers soon to help even out population. Nothing going on that would make me have some kind of mental melt down and physically damage my discs.. especially since I bought the download version ;p

I still play wow.. hard core end raids, 2-3 days/week. Level some in swtor after, and level other char with guild/friends on weekends. Happy regardless of some growing pains for a -3 month old game-.

Wow pops are dwindling too, economy.. school time.. many other games. There's millions upon millions of gamers.. all of which can only play so many games at one time, and usually only devote time to 1-2. Don't enjoy it here? Please.... move on. Eventually those of us who enjoy it will find the balance, even if it takes transfers and merges. That's not 'beta testing', that is growing and evolving.

Figured throw up my not-very-important-personal-choice.;)

I'm sticking with things for a while yet to come. Why? Well, the easy answer is "It's Star Wars," but I've not bought plenty of Star Wars games due to them being pretty crappy.

I don't think this MMO is pretty crappy.

Do I agree with every direction they went with? No.

Do I think they can add more to the game and evolve it over time to, in the end, be bigger and better than it is now? Most certainly yes.

I played City of Heroes (CoH) for seven years, starting three months into its release. I saw some amazing things happen with that game, and some not so amazing. Right before it went F2P, it had evolved into a very robust MMO, with tons of awesome features.

I've watched EVE Online evolve over the years into another amazing MMO, even with its growing pains.

WoW, also, grew and evolved, though I have to admit I never much cared for it enough to really pay attention.;)

Anyhoo, the rambling point is that SWTOR is easily worth my sub and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this development team will evolve the game. Will they always make good or understandable decisions? Probably not, but then again who does? I'm here until I don't want to be, much like the rest of humanity.:cool:

Edited by Esoteric_Monk

I think I've replied in this thread as well, but meh, I'll be around for a bit. I enjoy the game.

I'm gonna give it a year to decide if I like the upcoming patches and changes and see the direction the game takes.

Me and my wife have reached the point where the game simply isn't holding our attention anymore. We haven't hit 50 yet on our characters but the game has started to simply feel stale with no really long term goals to inspire us to continue. We're planning on perhaps running through the Republic side once we hit 50 on imperial but then again it will depend upon how satisfying it feels once we get there.

My biggest problem is that I'm playing Mass Effect 3 at the moment and if people were to compare TOR next to ME3 they'd think that they were made by two completely different game companies since ME3 is far more polished, more interesting and more well-presented than TOR.

It does not play well. All other issues aside, the engine is just not good. The gameplay mechanics just suck. It's why people burn-out so fast. The combat just isn't good.

Ranting flame much? I realize that the forums attract people with social and mental deficiencies sometimes... Just amazing to see so many. They don't like the game.. and unsub. Then, for some reason.. spend their time taking out their mental issues on other players and devs in the forums/general chat. You left. Go. Find something else to burn out your short-attentionspan on.

The game is brand new, it hasn't hit a major patch yet.. it plays wonderfully. It takes more than a flipping week or month for software devs to identify the best ways to handle fixing problems, not to mention the ludicrous social issues caused by players like the above poster in and out of game, and then churn out the monsterous piles of coding to fix things.. small or large.

Get a grip.

Maybe burning out playing 20hours/day to beat your epeen and make lvl50 in under a week wasn't worth it afterall, huh? I'm enjoying the RP, the stories, and look forward to the stories evolving. Looking forward to 1.2 and beyond, and hoping they allow transfers soon to help even out population. Nothing going on that would make me have some kind of mental melt down and physically damage my discs.. especially since I bought the download version ;p

I still play wow.. hard core end raids, 2-3 days/week. Level some in swtor after, and level other char with guild/friends on weekends. Happy regardless of some growing pains for a -3 month old game-.

Wow pops are dwindling too, economy.. school time.. many other games. There's millions upon millions of gamers.. all of which can only play so many games at one time, and usually only devote time to 1-2. Don't enjoy it here? Please.... move on. Eventually those of us who enjoy it will find the balance, even if it takes transfers and merges. That's not 'beta testing', that is growing and evolving.

You are everything that is wrong with this country. Please remove yourself from the internet. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE DISABLED ONLINE? The only way anyone could know is because you're a self-absorbed narcissist that goes around telling strangers that you are disabled and then posting some junk about cyber-bullying. UGH, disgusting.

+1

I've been in guilds for years with people and THEN found out they are disabled or whatever. (One Deaf, the other a Quadriplegic if you must know) I've seen this guys name for five minutes and its sprayed everywhere. He needs to get some help or something.

The internet is the great equalizer on this, no one sees you face to face so they will treat you like everyone else. And cyber-bullying laws? For real?

Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech except when it comes to disabled people on the internet

Just doesn't jive too well.

This dude can count me out of his pity party.

Will continue to sub until a better game comes out. I still have fun most days, I think that 1.2 will help.

I see a lot of post were people seemed to think that this game was going to be something other then your typical MMO with the bonus of a voiced story. If you don't like the repetitive gameplay, then MMO's are probably not for you. This is how it is. There is nothing that can really be done about it. They add more content as fast as they can and you play it. End of story.

I am a huge star wars fan so that helps, though if SWG was still active, I would probably have gone back to that by now. It was 1000 times better then this game. Especially pre CU.

after my thread was closed and this is my last sub day and i will not resubbed so I helped them find trolls

I don't know if you know this yet.but there are trolls here who,try to make you not see a problem.like your engine.your engine has great scripting and fit for an MMO but it gives high end comp low fps like my raddeon 6880 and 3.2 processed,and my comp costed 1200$ custom made.watch out for these trolls they often say "maybe you just suck at this game just go find another game or go back to WoW" this annoys people!

so you see these trolls will do anything I mean anything to mess up this game.like maras getting buffed(too much but needed a buff so you did a good job) and OPS getting nerfed also these trolls made the sin tank not seemed it exist even if it is OP.these trolls will also try to make server pop not a problem by saying:REROLL or go back to WoW"they will also say that there server is fine so yours does not matter.

these people are slightly eating away at your game and I know you check the forums mainly for feedback a CS told me of tomb of freedon nadd on one of those weekend question things they do.

goodluck BW and I hope you see these posters now.Goodbye and I enjoyed DA:O one of your best games.but most of all have fun making this game and enjoy your job bye.

It does not play well. All other issues aside, the engine is just not good. The gameplay mechanics just suck. It's why people burn-out so fast. The combat just isn't good.

Game plays well, the gameplay mechanics are fine and combat works just fine.

I went from EverQuest, to WoW, then Rift, and now SW:ToR.

I can tell you, from EQ to WoW, there has been a drastic improvement in MMORPG gameplay.

From Rift and SW:ToR, I don't see them being much better. This is just based on my "lonely" 23 levels.

Get a grip.

I write all of the above including the poster on my "why I unsubbed" list.

I laughted so hard at the "I still play WoW.... hard core....", man...honestly... didn´t expect that from someone that goes complettly mad in a forum to defend a Video Game and tells people to "leave now", big surprise... :eek:

Get a grip.

Well said. Every game tries to carve out it's own style. some will agree others wouldn't. When I look at some of the complaints they're frivolous. Some are legit concerns but quite a lot makes me laugh.

The game is new. It's pretty solid for a new game. They focus on making you feel like you're important instead of a peon in the galaxy and I like that. I quite enjoy the 3 warzones esp Huttball. I can play that all day but sadly my PvP toon is republic so I don't get to see it as much. I like how the game looks, feels esp with the differences of the various classes. A ranged rogue rocks. I can immerse myself into my character and lose myself in it for the time I'm playing.

To some this may not be your cup of tea but I find it sad that you wish to spend your time bad talking a game instead of playing another. Or dare I suggest... Go outside?

Yet they spend 6+hrs a day playing... Rrriiiggghhhttt...

I can't play a game for 6hrs and not be enjoying it.

Edited by DarthKhaos

I went from EverQuest, to WoW, then Rift, and now SW:ToR.

I can tell you, from EQ to WoW, there has been a drastic improvement in MMORPG gameplay.

From Rift and SW:ToR, I don't see them being much better. This is just based on my "lonely" 23 levels.

I don't see the improvement after EverQuest. If you mean UI and accessibility, yes, for sure. Blizzard did a superb job and revolutionized the industry by creating an interface that worked. This, to my mind, was the single biggest achievement of WoW. Anyone who wrestled with EQ's interface would understand - though I loved and still miss my final setup from EQ, but it took some serious XML to get it that way.

Gameplay - WoW lowered the bar immensely, changed mindless massive hitpoint bosses to contrived whack-a-mole encounters, and not much else. Then it progressively dumbed down every single thing about the MMO space and transformed the entire game into a dailies/heroic/small groups raiding theme park. EverQuest was much (much) more difficult and compelling in this regard, and for the most part did it while maintaining context and taking the game world seriously. WoW is utterly awful now. And now there are April Fools pandas. Pandas.

I actually haven't seen much gameplay improvement since EQ (and UO) in any MMO since. Design has stagnated. All they've done is make everything simpler and easier, which is a huge negative in the long run for most of us.

TL;DR - don't use WoW as a baseline for MMO gameplay. It absolutely is not.

Edited by kmontyw

Yeah, I'll keep it. Only reason is a friend that moved several states away and the only way we can still do stuff together is through MMOs (our game style of choice) and he loves this game. If he were ever to decided to move on, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

So basically it comes down to my enjoyment of playing an mmo with my buddy being greater than my discontent with the game.