The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

I have decided to cancel my sub(at least for the time being) simply because my computer is an athlon 64x2 5400+ with a 6770 video card running win xp pro 32 bit with 4 Gbs of ram. I am saving up to buy a new mobo and an intel i5/2500k that i will be able to add another 5770 in crossfire with 8Gbs of ram and win 7(haven't decided if I want to spend the extra 40 for pro yet). So once I get a new machine I will be back to see if my gaming experience is any better. Edited by Nerdy_Pervy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sub runs out in 24 hours and im not renewing it. Besides the fact that i was forced to reroll twice out of dead servers and i have 50s which i invested a lot of time into stranded on dead servers. My main reason to not keep playing is the current mmo raiding model which after years of wow no longer appeals to me. I find myself with less and less time to play as my life progresses and i think back at wow raiding model in which it was basically a second job. I had to fill a guild application for my raiding guild which was much more extensive and detailed than any ive seen for a job. Im no longer interested on following a schedule raid time or spending ours on "progression", this simply no longer appeals to me. Same happened to me for the concept of dailies , im sick of having to do dailies and please dont say they are optional because they are not if you intend to maximize progression you must do dailies. I rather all dailies turned into weeklies that way you are not forced to repeat a set of menial tasks everyday before actually getting to do something you enjoy.

I might resub when they allow me to transfer my 50s to a populated server , but right now i have no intention to go on.

I hear guild wars has a different progression model and im looking forward to trying it.

I will continue to sub as long as I'm having fun. I'm still having fun. TOR is a great game and I like the direction that it is going in.

Though I'd seriously recommend that BW look at fixing end game raid glitches and resets or post the rules that cause 'legitimate' resets. Trial and Error on Hard and Nightmare can be exceedingly painful and blowing a mob into lava I wouldn't think is an exploit.

My subscription runs out in 5 days and I will not prolong it. I have not played the game for over a week. Have two lvl50 chars and one lvl32 and simply se no reason to do all the incredibly boring quests on empty static planets again. I am sorry, but the game is simply a singleplayer with a coop MP possibility. And I really see no reason to pay for a singleplayer.

I have already cancelled. The game just isn't doing it for me anymore. Maybe I'll check resub after I play Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3.

Same here .. will after I see D3 and whether or not it has massive replay value

I have already cancelled. The game just isn't doing it for me anymore. Maybe I'll check resub after I play Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3.

If after you finish ME3 you still have some faith in Bioware, then you are a far better person than me...

Yes... until there is another MMO that I enjoy as much as SWTOR

Have not seen a hint of one and don’t expect to for a while.

UO held me for a year

EQ for 2 years

SWG 8 months

WOW 6 months

EQ2 1 year

LOTRO 3 years

RIFT 4 months

SWTOR... who knows.. maybe it will give LOTRO a run for the money, time will tell

( have played and beta'd many others but didn’t keep up a sub )

Edited by Dayln

im 28........

Well it is the kiddies that are afraid of the $15, not you, or I ( Im 56 )

It isn’t the money to me, I would gladly pay $25 and it would be well worth it for the amount of enjoyment I get out of it

it is the time, I have a life, I only keep a sub to one MMO at a time

No.

I can't play a game that doesn't even run well on my computer (while every other game runs perfectly - Skyrim on High and so on).

I also cannot support Bioware and feel good about it, not after the Day 1 DLC, not after they lied to the customers so many times, and not after ME3 ending.

Now we have a "pay extra money to have a better ME3 ending" coming up, and before you know it you'll have to pay for each squadmate, for each chapter of the game and for every feature in it.

And also, 70% of my guild left the game, the core players that were the best. I can't possibly keep logging in to struggle getting an 8 man now.

And I can't stay subscribed after being constructive for 2 years (before the launch) and realising that everything the community said should NOT be coppied from WOW was still copied, everything that should have been implemented to make this game epic was not implemented.

Yes, I plan on keeping my sub. I also plan on playing other games from time to time. Things are pretty good for 3 months in- way better than War and Aion were and Bioware is working on getting updates out. So far, I'm content.

I have no subscription...so no I will not keep it up.

I will however continue to buy game time cards.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far, and my guild is only scratching the surface of end game content right now.

Edited by Thunder-God

I actually bought 2 subs with 6 months on each, so my account doesn't end until June 15.

However, I cancelled both subs and uninstalled the game a month ago.

There is nothing to do at end game,and no one to do it with.

No cross server LFG, none pending until 1.3.

No server transfers.

Tera comes out May 1.

Diablo 3 comes out May 15.

GW2 comes out soon after that.

SWTOR will be the game that dies because they couldn't figure out how to get anything from oneserver to another...

I actually bought 2 subs with 6 months on each, so my account doesn't end until June 15.

However, I cancelled both subs and uninstalled the game a month ago.

There is nothing to do at end game,and no one to do it with.

No cross server LFG, none pending until 1.3.

No server transfers.

Tera comes out May 1.

Diablo 3 comes out May 15.

GW2 comes out soon after that.

SWTOR will be the game that dies because they couldn't figure out how to get anything from oneserver to another...

No doubt this game will take serious drops in subs once some of the upcoming MMO's are released. As mentioned BW needs to get their butts in gear and get the cross realm lfg system in place quick. The new WZ rankings better be cross server or at least battle groups like in wow.....I doubt many people will enjoy fighting against the same group of people over and over and over and over and over and over....u get the point.

But regardless I think the pvp crowd will all leave when GW2 comes out. W vs W looks amazing....cant wait for 3 realm fights like the good ol days of DAOC.

Short answer is yes, because I'm still having fun. However, I can't say I wouldn't like to see 1.2 deployed sooner rather than later. It really sounds like it should have been in at release.

The biggest deterrent right now to keep my sub, is that most of my guild has already quit, so it's basically a single player game atm.