What SWTOR Should Be Like

Yoverion

ToR should be one guy running around killing random people for no reason on a much less visually appealing game? I really don't see anything at all in this video that makes me say "oh gosh I wish ToR was like this!"

really, what's the big deal about SWG? everything I hear about it tells me whoever's going around selling rose-tinted glasses is really making a fortune.

now, I can't really say much about SWG itself, I've never played it, but from everything I've seen people mention about it, I can draw almost direct lines between it and Vanilla WoW

really, what's the big deal about SWG? everything I hear about it tells me whoever's going around selling rose-tinted glasses is really making a fortune.

The great thing about SWG was the potential it had during PRE-CU, pos-CU the game went down hill, and the abortion that is the NGE is just sad.

SWG had a decent space combat system, nice crafting system and an unbelievable amount of unrealized potential.

Edited by Maigrey

Watch this video and then tell me things you would like to see in SWTOR that was in SWG (PvP Wize)

None of it. SWG was by far the worst AAA game ever made.

SWG had a decent space combat system, nice crafting system and an unbelievable amount of unrealized potential.

The one and only half decent thing it had going for it was the crafting. The content updates were almost nonexistent. That wouldn't have been as bad if the sandbox elements weren't also severely lacking. The balance was a joke. Half the people in the game were macroing classes for holocrons instead of actually playing the game. The devs were pathological liars, not to mention that some of the stuff they did was straight up fraud. SWG spawned the term "solo group", 'nuff said about that. You could literally kill yourself from shooting your gun too much. Jedi were god mode. The game crapped all over canon constantly. It was super buggy and very poorly optimized. All the towns were ghost towns where 95% of the buildings were owned by people who haven't logged in for a year because the devs refused to make maintenance fees actually matter. Doctor buffs were mandatory. You had to wait 50 years for shuttles. I could make this list go on for 50+ pages if I wanted. There's literally not one single thing the game did right other than crafting.

Edited by Game-Hermit

I had to sit here for a minute, as red words appeared on screen, it got to the actual footage, and compared to the few nights I've spent on TOR, yeah, I'm gonna stick with The Old Republic.

Watching the video, feels like it's just a copy of Runescape, but with lightsabers and a few extra little features, blegh.

Edited by Setsugetsuka

I can't believe I used to play SWG... I feel kinda spoiled with TOR now.

And the crafting system was good in SWG, as was the "skill tree" system they had pre-CU. Also, ships that could be "used" by 2+ people... I liked that.

But that's all, really.

Watch this video and then tell me things you would like to see in SWTOR that was in SWG (PvP Wize)

I loved SWG. I want to make that absolutely clear. SWG was the most fun I've ever had in an MMO, and I've played most of them, starting with EQ. SWG was one of the most innovative MMOs ever made and I'm convinced that if WoW hadn't become the beast it became (causing SWG to change everything), SWG would have risen to the top of the MMO market.

I can't stress enough that I loved SWG. I adored it.

That said, this video looks awful. I mean it's just... well, awful.

If this video had been the first I saw of SWG, I would have never, ever, ever played it.

• 4 weeks later...
swg was far beter than this game even nge the pvp was the best ive ever played ive tried many different mmos but swg still draws me in even tho its gone now and none of u will ever get the chance to play it trololol but tor is probs one of the *****st games ive ever bought i will continue to play it only because the name star wars in it

I can't believe I used to play SWG... I feel kinda spoiled with TOR now.

And the crafting system was good in SWG, as was the "skill tree" system they had pre-CU. Also, ships that could be "used" by 2+ people... I liked that.

But that's all, really.

It's like when you play Runescape for years, then you play Warcraft.

I will never go back to that crap game again.

GOBLIN 4 LYFE!

I loved SWG. I want to make that absolutely clear. SWG was the most fun I've ever had in an MMO, and I've played most of them, starting with EQ. SWG was one of the most innovative MMOs ever made and I'm convinced that if WoW hadn't become the beast it became (causing SWG to change everything), SWG would have risen to the top of the MMO market.

I can't stress enough that I loved SWG. I adored it.

That said, this video looks awful. I mean it's just... well, awful.

If this video had been the first I saw of SWG, I would have never, ever, ever played it.

^this

well the video is.. awful.. the game was not..

SWG Graphics from 2003, ok it´s nearly ten years ago - (TOR looks like 2007 btw)

SWG combat animations were stiff but the game had endless possibilities, also the Space Combat was like a whole other game on top of the ground game.

Top Features:

- Gigantic planets

- Huge space system to travel freely

- much to explore including player created content

- sandbox housing

- space mining

- space combat

- great community