1.2 Patch month

Sunsoar

Hey Bioware,

When you release 1.2

You should think about giving a free 7 day invite of gameplay to those players who left this game and try and get them back for this patch.

I haven't bothered playing in weeks, and my sub is up this month. I can't stomach logging into this game. I am curious if you really fixed anything in 1.2 though.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I myself, do not want to waste 15 bucks resubbing only to find that the game is still trash (my opinion).

Just a thought

Sunsoar, i tink that is a brilliant idea and would make perfect sense as a business move. If they do in fact fix te dozen things that have been driving me crazy at least. Sure they risknloosing what little money they may get from someone willing to risk the $15 to find out if tge game is playable for them now but they would stand a shot at winning back eveyone who never set up a subscription because they couldnt get past whatever issue x, y, z, and gaining long term subscribers. Too bad the people that are going to make that decision probably went to programming school and not business school.

My sub will (probably) be up before 1.2 hits, and while there are a very few aspects of this game I enjoy, for the most part I can barely bring myself to log in anymore. I've been paying to beta test this game for BW/EA for three months now, and I'm sick of it. I'm not into RP, so Legacy is virtually useless to me. If there aren't some huge mechanical changes to this game, I'm gone.

Bump for a good idea, I'd like to test 1.2 before giving you more money. I want to stay, but so far you've done nothing to raise my faith in your ability to deliver. This game runs like crap on a powerful machine, and it's inexcusable.

Edited by Mal-Sharran

My sub will (probably) be up before 1.2 hits, and while there are a very few aspects of this game I enjoy, for the most part I can barely bring myself to log in anymore. I've been paying to beta test this game for BW/EA for three months now, and I'm sick of it. I'm not into RP, so Legacy is virtually useless to me. If there aren't some huge mechanical changes to this game, I'm gone.

Bump for a good idea, I'd like to test 1.2 before giving you more money. I want to stay, but so far you've done nothing to raise my faith in your ability to deliver. This game runs like crap on a powerful machine, and it's inexcusable.

My time expires in just over a week, I also can barely log in for longer than 15mins now, as the issues with this game that's troubling me is too much to get past.

As for the 7 day trial, I can see the potential in generating subscriptions, (Blizzard had gotten me back several times this way, however they didn't implement this method for several years after launch). but it could also be construed as a sign of weakness or admitting they have failed to a degree, something that BW aren't in the business of doing.

I don't see it as a sign of weakness. I see it as they didn't impress us with their game at launch, here's an opportunity to see if the changes we made impresses you now.

If they don't think they made valuable changes with 1.2 then they won't even consider this.

If they think people (or just me) will pay 15bucks just to see if I like the changes for 1.2, they're out of their minds. I will NOT be paying them even more money at a chance they actually improved their game.

Obviously with all the free weekend pass, and invite a friend features they got, they already have this system in place to offer a chance and get players to return.

I don't see it as a sign of weakness. I see it as they didn't impress us with their game at launch, here's an opportunity to see if the changes we made impresses you now.

If they don't think they made valuable changes with 1.2 then they won't even consider this.

If they think people (or just me) will pay 15bucks just to see if I like the changes for 1.2, they're out of their minds. I will NOT be paying them even more money at a chance they actually improved their game.

Obviously with all the free weekend pass, and invite a friend features they got, they already have this system in place to offer a chance and get players to return.

Up to what, level 15? You can't experienxe ANY of the new content at 15, so what would be the point?

1.2 is not even on test or it wasn't so it is a long way off.

If you look at their list of things that expect to bring out most of them do not address any of the major issues I have.

Most of what I see in the patch are pretties and window dressing and more catering to the over populated side with more same faction warzones.

I am out soon and I doubt I will be back. I have no confidence that the pvp team has a clue.

Up to what, level 15? You can't experienxe ANY of the new content at 15, so what would be the point?

What would be the point of what?

Im talking about something like a 7day free come back time for your past account. Regardless of the level your toon is.

Not the friend, "come play the origin world, the only part of the game we polished" ordeal.

Yet you're curious enough that you're asking to do it for free. We'll see.

Curious is the description you give my idea? No.

No, I invested over a year of my life in this game and 200bucks for the CE and subs.

I walk away if they don't try to entice me back (5days left on account and I haven't logged in and done something productive in weeks). If 1.2 is as good as they say it is, they will want to try and get their original player base back.

I gave them enough time and money. They can give something back now. That is how I feel and if you don't agree that is your right.

Yet you're curious enough that you're asking to do it for free. We'll see.

Sunsoar beta tested this game for close to a year, and then played it for three months. He's given uncounted feedback that was vastly ignored. He purchased the CE (as did I) which fell far short of being worth $150. You may pin that on us as our mistake, but you can't KNOW until you've actually purchased it whether or not it's worth it.

His sub is up in under a week. Mine is up in just over a week. So far this game was rushed, sloppy, choppy, unoptimized, with more bugs than a pile of horse crap. IF, and that's a big IF, 1.2 fixes most of our complaints, then that is the way the game SHOULD HAVE LAUNCHED.

EA rushed this game for the holidays, you simply cannot deny it. It's GLARINGLY OBVIOUS. So I should continue to throw money at EA in the hopes that this game will one day become what it should have been already? If they want to win me back, they can entice me. Just because you are content with mediocre content, crap graphics and an engine that couldn't render itself out of a wet paper bag, doesn't mean those of us with enough spine to speak up and say 'no, this is not acceptable' are wrong.

Sunsoar beta tested this game for close to a year, and then played it for three months. He's given uncounted feedback that was vastly ignored. He purchased the CE (as did I) which fell far short of being worth $150. You may pin that on us as our mistake, but you can't KNOW until you've actually purchased it whether or not it's worth it.

His sub is up in under a week. Mine is up in just over a week. So far this game was rushed, sloppy, choppy, unoptimized, with more bugs than a pile of horse crap. IF, and that's a big IF, 1.2 fixes most of our complaints, then that is the way the game SHOULD HAVE LAUNCHED.

EA rushed this game for the holidays, you simply cannot deny it. It's GLARINGLY OBVIOUS. So I should continue to throw money at EA in the hopes that this game will one day become what it should have been already? If they want to win me back, they can entice me. Just because you are content with mediocre content, crap graphics and an engine that couldn't render itself out of a wet paper bag, doesn't mean those of us with enough spine to speak up and say 'no, this is not acceptable' are wrong.

You say you are not curious but you are on the swtor forums... ouhm id bet you will pay the 15$. i could actualy bet you are still playing the game now x'D

On the matter of the thread i actualy agree with you... if they did a good job they will get those who unsubscribed back with that trial...

Curious is the description you give my idea? No.

No, I invested over a year of my life in this game and 200bucks for the CE and subs.

I walk away if they don't try to entice me back (5days left on account and I haven't logged in and done something productive in weeks). If 1.2 is as good as they say it is, they will want to try and get their original player base back.

I gave them enough time and money. They can give something back now. That is how I feel and if you don't agree that is your right.

Were you one of those kids that got the participation trophies every day in school? Dude just make a choice and live with it. If the game isnt what you want then dont play it. Just dont come here on your high horse and DEMAND anything you wont get it.

Perhaps if you had written an adult email to someone in customer service and asked to try before you buy you may have gotten something... Maybe not but to come here and DEMAND satisfaction like a 2 year old is beyond me...

Were you one of those kids that got the participation trophies every day in school? Dude just make a choice and live with it. If the game isnt what you want then dont play it. Just dont come here on your high horse and DEMAND anything you wont get it.

Perhaps if you had written an adult email to someone in customer service and asked to try before you buy you may have gotten something... Maybe not but to come here and DEMAND satisfaction like a 2 year old is beyond me...

What did I demand?

Since you can't read worth ****. I made a suggestion in the suggestion forums. A suggestion to try and entice canceled subs back. What will an email to an automated robot get the people I am suggesting this for?

You need to take your own advice and get of your high horse. What a waste of reading your post.

Edited by Sunsoar

Why is everyone on this guys nuts? Do you realize how many MMO companies do this already? I still get emails from Age of Conan trying to entice me to come back. I guess it hasn't worked but I am curious. The idea is a great idea and I see nothing wrong with it.

For those not buisness savvy this practice helps retain your customers. They know people leave for a number of reasons regardless of who's fault it is so they do things like a "Hey come back we made some great changes."

Give you a week pass, log your old character and see whats up.

I really see nothing wrong with this, I think you guys are just on his nuts for nothing and need to chill.

Why is everyone on this guys nuts? Do you realize how many MMO companies do this already? I still get emails from Age of Conan trying to entice me to come back. I guess it hasn't worked but I am curious. The idea is a great idea and I see nothing wrong with it.

For those not buisness savvy this practice helps retain your customers. They know people leave for a number of reasons regardless of who's fault it is so they do things like a "Hey come back we made some great changes."

Give you a week pass, log your old character and see whats up.

I really see nothing wrong with this, I think you guys are just on his nuts for nothing and need to chill.

Thank you for the support on this idea.