Crystals

Jaren_Kincaid

As I wander around TOR in my adventures, I have collected a huge number of crystals of different colours. Can anyone tell me what they are for? Some of them are labelled "Grade 2 green power crystal", etc., so I thought I could use them to upgrade my lightsabre, but evidently not. So what are these for, please?

Those are crafting materials for artifice oand other professions that make crafted gear. You need to pick up the corresponding crew skills to use them :)

ps. you can also sell lots of them on GTN for good money

Those are crafting materials for artifice oand other professions that make crafted gear. You need to pick up the corresponding crew skills to use them :)

ps. you can also sell lots of them on GTN for good money

So I need to change one of my skills? Which would be the best skill to have in order to craft colour crystals for lightsabres?

"Artifice" is the crafting skill that directly benefits from those crystals, and also allows you to craft them into various upgrades for your light saber! The Gathering skill "Archeology", and the mission skill "Treasure Hunting" work hand-in-hand with "Artifice" to help you gather the required mats for those upgrades. If you do take "Artifice" for crafting, I would strongly suggest you grab the other two ( Gathering, and Treasure Hunting) to help support your crafting skill.

I have archaeology as one of my skills, but I don't really know how to use it.

Right-clicking on crystal formations and artifacts that you find out in the world. Also, if you hit "N" and click on the skill you can select missions to send your companions on to gather more materials. This is an excellent way to spend all your money, however, so it's better to stick with gathering out in the world.

Right-clicking on crystal formations and artifacts that you find out in the world. Also, if you hit "N" and click on the skill you can select missions to send your companions on to gather more materials. This is an excellent way to spend all your money, however, so it's better to stick with gathering out in the world.

I have been sending my companions on Archaeology and Diplomacy missions, so my scores in those are quite high now, but I seem to have hit an impasse with Synthweaving; despite directing my droids to craft, I can't advance beyond 60/400 points. Why would this be?

I have been sending my companions on Archaeology and Diplomacy missions, so my scores in those are quite high now, but I seem to have hit an impasse with Synthweaving; despite directing my droids to craft, I can't advance beyond 60/400 points. Why would this be?

Go see your Crew skills trainer to get new schematics. Only the highest level crafting schematics you can use will upgrade your crafting skills.

Go see your Crew skills trainer to get new schematics. Only the highest level crafting schematics you can use will upgrade your crafting skills.

Do you know where I can get Fibrous Nylite Solution? The latest schematics require it, but I don't remember ever seeing it anywhere.

Do you know where I can get Fibrous Nylite Solution? The latest schematics require it, but I don't remember ever seeing it anywhere.

From what I can recall from my Artifice days, that is a result from the second tier of Archaeology missions. When you are in the Archaeology mission list, look at the top right of the Mission list, and you will see a level range drop-down list. Change it from the 10-16 setting to 17-24, and you should get the "Slaves of Begeren" or "Acqueducts of Haffrin" missions which I think are the ones that drop FNS.