Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

Doominater

My Sith Pureblood is a defector RP-wise. I even rerolled him as the complementary class on Republic side and came up with a story for him and everything. And now I'm mildly annoyed because I didn't have to do that, ha. It's a cool idea, but I'd really like to be able to switch faction too, since cross-faction classes are complementary.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would levelling that race to 50 unlock it for all classes or just the mirror? I really want a twi'lek bounty hunter. And can someone send me a link to what was learned at the guild summit please? I watched the 1.2 trailer but my Internet is too slow right now to load summit videos.

I hope this is on multiple servers. I might just level my SW to level through PvP only to unlock the species. If it is on the same server then I will be making a toon leveling it to 50 through PvP and then deleting it once I unlock the species because I have no desire to complete the sith storylines. Evil Sith are bad and bullies are bad, so I will not play one.

I just wished they kept some things the way they should be like Chiss being Imperial only and Miraluka Force Using only. Cause the Chiss Ascendancy have a Treaty with the Empire so why then would some start working with the Republic without Imperial consequences or Miraluka who see THROUGH the Force now being Non-Force Users. I mean they could say that they have Neuro Implants or something but how are they explaining Republic Chiss.

Fits or not well, remember that Bioware made a chance to make your characters as special ones. After all, everything is perfectly possible.

Though is REALLY rare to see a, for example, a Sith Pureblood being as a Trooper... why not? If he / she is qualificated for it...in fact, is way logical that Republic and Empire, in war times, needs all best aids as possible just to win the match. That's all.

By the way, I found 'kinda' tiring to reach level 50 just only to unlock the species legacy function (but is such a big deal to unlock, I understand that, so that's why must not be an easy challenge to get that chance. Because if not, we could find a total mess everywhere, like 387484729 Sith Purebloods playing as Jedi Knights, for example, lol).

And I just wonder about the Legacy Abilities function. Also need level 50 for it? :/ And how much could you share them with the rest? Example: Flame Thrower can be shared to everyone or just only with one character? Also, how much 'extra abilities' can learn each character from the rest? And what kind of them? Only the basic ones? Can learn from the specialitzacions as well? Even the few abilities you can learn by the talents? (Example: Retractable Blade, from Powertech Talents).

Edited by XGSTAR

Chiss Smuggler has been confirmed, as has Pureblood Jedi Knight. Tbh, I'm rerolling most of my toons as Sith Purebloods for the Punish option as far as Companions go. Some companions on the Reppy side are in more dire need of smackage than any I've encountered on the Imp side. *cough* Corso, Jorgan, Doc *cough* So yeah, always wanted to Sith SGT Jaxo and Elara, anyhow. Wish they could give all the Pureblood toons the Warrior's voice, though. I know it can't happen, but he has a cool voice and some awesome lines. :D

Chiss that are not part of the Ascendency have been around since Shadow of the Empire. Which yes is in the future as far as this game is concerned, but that's a nearly 20 year precedent for independent Chiss.

And being Force Sensitive is not the same thing as being a Force User. There are plenty of characters in-game already, specifically two of the companions at least, who are Force Sensitive but not Force Users. If Miraluka in a non-Force User class bothers you so much, just take a Force Power as your Legacy unlock for that character.

And Purebloods do not have a symbiotic relationship to the Dark Side. They have been bred to have an affinity for it, but that's a different matter, and an affinity does not mean they have to be dark siders, it just means it's easier for them. Besides, the Republic, independent of players, has more than its share of dark siders anyways.

Edited by CelticMutt

For those complaining about humans what is the big deal? I am pretty sure I would rather have the presence boost over unlocking a race in the game. The presence boost is actually an in game advantage where as unlocking a race is cosmetic!!!

It's obvious darling that you have never heard it's better to look marvelous then to feel marvelous!

If you feel that way I'm sure there are people played a twi'lik and would rather have the presence boost!

I just wished they kept some things the way they should be like Chiss being Imperial only and Miraluka Force Using only. Cause the Chiss Ascendancy have a Treaty with the Empire so why then would some start working with the Republic without Imperial consequences or Miraluka who see THROUGH the Force now being Non-Force Users. I mean they could say that they have Neuro Implants or something but how are they explaining Republic Chiss.

Lets face it, some of the classes should have been neutral/both sides. And if that's the case then anyone could be anything. And just because you are born force sensitive doesn't mean you choose to hone your abilities. There are force sensitive animals and you don't see many of them hurling rocks or shooting lightning.

This game isn't about John Q Moisturefarmer after all, but about us, a hero, larger than life

with a background that might just differ from what's "normal".

If that includes deciding to abandon the parental values, go against the grain

and face adversity in the belief of something greater, then by all means.

Makes for more interesting characters, in my not so humble opinion.

This.

Well said. The players are the chosen ones, the best of the best, the 1 in a millions.

Also another vote for choice of race unlock at 50!

It really isn't about whether or not a Sith Pureblood can or cannot defect to the light side. It is more a concern for faction uniqueness. If every race can be picked by any faction, then the game loses the faction identity it created.

Surprisingly it seems more possible when talking about a defect from Republic to the Empire, since falling to the dark side is a lot easier than returning to the light side. Many of us have heard of many races of all kinds falling to the dark side, at the same time have never heard of a Sith Pureblood who was a Jedi (exception is the Jedi companion but he still remains Sith in many ways), the very name contradicts the possibility. Example: "Hi! I am a Sith Jedi? Seriously?".

Sith Purebloods have created the very foundation of the society that runs the Empire. To them it is their natural way of life. Hence, the term stems from their race's name. That being said, it would be really awkward for a Sith to be a Jedi.

If every race can be picked by any faction, then the game loses the faction identity it created.

When I'd say roughly half if not more of both Republic and Imperial characters are human, I fail to see how this is an issue.

at the same time have never heard of a Sith Pureblood who was a Jedi

There's at least one Sith Pureblood Jedi in the game right now. Play though the Jedi Knight storyline to find out more.

It really isn't about whether or not a Sith Pureblood can or cannot defect to the light side. It is more a concern for faction uniqueness. If every race can be picked by any faction, then the game loses the faction identity it created.

Surprisingly it seems more possible when talking about a defect from Republic to the Empire, since falling to the dark side is a lot easier than returning to the light side. Many of us have heard of many races of all kinds falling to the dark side, at the same time have never heard of a Sith Pureblood who was a Jedi (exception is the Jedi companion but he still remains Sith in many ways), the very name contradicts the possibility. Example: "Hi! I am a Sith Jedi? Seriously?".

Sith Purebloods have created the very foundation of the society that runs the Empire. To them it is their natural way of life. Hence, the term stems from their race's name. That being said, it would be really awkward for a Sith to be a Jedi.

It works in general terms what you say, but doesn't work for US as we have unique super special power-up characters, which can even create whole families and send them whatever they wish to by... personal reason we can perfectly build for them.

For example? I have a goodie-two-shoes Sith Pureblood Inquisitor, who wish to be more helpful for the galaxy's sake. Guess what? I have a Sith son and I'll try to send him to Tython. Voila! He is specially super powerful with the Force as my daddy Sith, so the Jedi train him and he become the moooost amaaaazing Consular ever... bah, who cares? It's a stupid videogame.

Again, Bioware wants to make you specially important in your story, though you could see many Purebloods or Chiss (whatever) out there in Coruscant. But remember two important things: One, to get that chance you MUST level up a character with your favourite species to 50th level. Second, in the history context of this game: at war times, everything can perfectly happen, while anyone can perfectly change his / her mind and betray their own birth homeland by nonsense reasons, blablabla... argh, need more to care about this? Oh, geez, use your freakin' imagination to think how reasonable can be this, no matter what!!!

HOWEVER, it's true that, cannonically saying, we're forced to say some amazing Jedi Knight did this and that amazing heroic thing like saving whole planets. Who did and in which path? We all know that: by the light path. About species and sexual gender, doesn't matter so much. No one will know that, only you and your character, of course, ;)

Edited by XGSTAR

It's really stupidly unfair that people that get to 50 on a human or zabrak char will get no unlock, will have to actually pay in game credits to unlock other races.

Way to punish us for choices we made months ago when we were unaware of the consequences.

For sure. All of my lvl 50's are human, and most of my alts are. The only one that isn't is my lvl 20 Chiss operative. What's worse is that I play most of my alts at least intermittently - they range from lvl 40 to lvl 15 (nasty Jedai). I don't exactly want to reroll all that even if I did pay in-game for race unlocks.

They should give us an option to change the race of an alt if they're above a certain level when we unlock a new race, just so our hard work getting our alts leveled isn't wasted.

For sure. All of my lvl 50's are human, and most of my alts are. The only one that isn't is my lvl 20 Chiss operative. What's worse is that I play most of my alts at least intermittently - they range from lvl 40 to lvl 15 (nasty Jedai). I don't exactly want to reroll all that even if I did pay in-game for race unlocks.

They should give us an option to change the race of an alt if they're above a certain level when we unlock a new race, just so our hard work getting our alts leveled isn't wasted.

Totally agree

I hear a lot about lore this lore that. The problem I have with that is the choice I make are my own. So if I want to be a Sith Pureblood and be a Jedi that would be my choice.

P.S. Have you seen the Jedi Knight final companion Lord Scourge.

I hear a lot about lore this lore that. The problem I have with that is the choice I make are my own. So if I want to be a Sith Pureblood and be a Jedi that would be my choice.

P.S. Have you seen the Jedi Knight final companion Lord Scourge.

Yes! Well said. Also, SGT Rusk needs a ****smack while we're at it. He has a bad habit of getting his entire squad killed. :p

And Converting Lord Praven to a Jedi during the JK story arc paves the way for Sith Pureblood Jedi, imo.

It's really stupidly unfair that people that get to 50 on a human or zabrak char will get no unlock, will have to actually pay in game credits to unlock other races.

Way to punish us for choices we made months ago when we were unaware of the consequences.

That's like not expecting a swarm of bees to come out of a hive after you punch said hive.

Lord Praven would like a word with you.

Why would Pure Blood Jedi be bad?

Pure Bloods dont all follow darkside

and there is Pure Bloods that are not force sensitive

And as for storyline reasons, as the jedi knight you can

Turn a sith pureblood Sith Lord to the light side, he joins the order as a padawan.

I wouldn't exactly call that common, but it DOES happen. And they use the same excuse for why there's so many purebloods in the empire faction anyway.

There's just a lot of them for some reason.

The Dawn of the Jedi series has several Sith (as in the original species) Jee'dai, the precursors to the Jedi. It is some 20000-25000 years before this game, but it's there. On Tython no less.

That's like not expecting a swarm of bees to come out of a hive after you punch said hive.

How do you figure that exactly? Are you saying somehow it was obvious this is what would happen? If so, my soothsaying friend, please give an example of another game where what you play determines what gets unlocked?

I hope this is on multiple servers.

This.

Legacy levels and names are server bound, but surely, the race/ability unlocks aren't restricted by the server, right?

It would be harsh for those, like I, who have a server for their rep characters and another for their empire, if it was server bound.

- Especially since server merges and the likes haven't been implemented of yet :)

This.

Legacy levels and names are server bound, but surely, the race/ability unlocks aren't restricted by the server, right?

It would be harsh for those, like I, who have a server for their rep characters and another for their empire, if it was server bound.

- Especially since server merges and the likes haven't been implemented of yet :)

Sorry mate, it's tied to the System as far as I know. However, you can buy with in-game money (some million for each iirc) each of the unlocks, including the Human Presence unlock and the Zabrak Endurance unlock.