New "race" idea, DROIDS.

migeto

I was trying out my bounty hunter and got to thinking, besides Fett, who was the most bad *** bounty hunter of all time?

The answer?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88

This guy was so bad *** they have a whole story fleshed out for him that goes on behind the scenes in Empire Strikes Back & ROTJ, plus he plays a role in shadows of the empire.

So why not make another bad *** droid as a playable race? Droid customization is already in the game (the droid companions, plus HK47 who was in the beta). It would be awesome IMO.

Edited by migeto

Boba Fett is probably the most infamous Bounty Hunter in SW lore, but as for the most "bad-***", Jango Fett, Calo Nord or Cad Bane might give him a run for his money.

Shae Vizla would also be quite a compelling option, especially if you have Social II and could convince her to put on that SLave Girl outfit...

However, between IG-88 and HK-47, there are two droids who do sit at or near the top of the tree when it comes to BHs.

Boba Fett is probably the most infamous Bounty Hunter in SW lore, but as for the most "bad-***", Jango Fett, Calo Nord or Cad Bane might give him a run for his money.

Shae Vizla would also be quite a compelling option, especially if you have Social II and could convince her to put on that SLave Girl outfit...

However, between IG-88 and HK-47, there are two droids who do sit at or near the top of the tree when it comes to BHs.

Calo Nord talked big but he wasn't all that bad. "oh good for you Calo, you can count down from 3...and now you're gonna die!"

And Jango? Well...

Look at Dooku's reaction, he's all like "DAYUM"

Boba Fett escaped a Sarlacc two or three times, so he's more than earned my respect. I completely forgot about Cad Bane (Not a fan of the show), but he's pretty good too!

I'm not well versed in all the EU lore, are there any examples of droids that could use the force? The movies seem to make it clear that you have to be a "living" being to sense the force.

I would love to see droids as a playable race, but even if you limited them to non-force classes like BH, with the legacy system you could wind up with a droid Jedi or Sith.

This is the only issue I see with it. If there is precedent for a force sensitive droid then I'm all for it.

I'm not well versed in all the EU lore, are there any examples of droids that could use the force? The movies seem to make it clear that you have to be a "living" being to sense the force.

I would love to see droids as a playable race, but even if you limited them to non-force classes like BH, with the legacy system you could wind up with a droid Jedi or Sith.

This is the only issue I see with it. If there is precedent for a force sensitive droid then I'm all for it.

Well, the whole bacteria in the bloodstream bit adds something too it.

But it was never expanded HOW the bacteria makes you force sensitive. So, in all fairness, putting some of it into a droid could work to make them force sensitive, since the force flows through everything, living or not.

There is one, but it's heavily considered non-canon. I can't remember what his name was, but he was the initial droid the Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker chose as their astromech droid.

I remember how excited I got when I found an IG-88 Kenner action figure when I was a kid. I was able to find all of the other bounty hunters, but never IG-88. I lived in a small town back when Empire came out and there was only two stores that sold the toys.

I remember thinking how cool IG-88 was because he had this long blaster rifle that came with him instead of the generic ol' blaster pistol that most of the dolls had.

I'd play a Droid species in an instant.

Unfortunatley I think Bioware might deny this one because of the same issue they denied Kaleesh and a few others.

Because the Romance scripting might get in the way, and then they'd need to voiceover a few hundred more lines reffering to our Droid species.

...Plus, wouldn't it be kind of weird getting a quest from an Imperial Officer to kill Droids, that he refers to "buckets of bolts" or something, while a Droid is STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM?

I'd like a droid species too but I think Bioware might find it a little hard to impliment.

Ok lets be serious for a second. Romancing a droid? If you really think that anyone would want to play a droid and be disaopinted that he couldnt romance either sex, youd be talking about the uber geeks that sit in their mothers basement crying "mooooom , more hotpockets" Im not gay or even bi but i support the option for same sex romances. Droid romances would be just plain stupid. As for the voice overs, im just hoping that BW had/has the actors on retainer for things just such as this. The bucket of bolts coment could simply be removed or add in a dialog option to slap/insult/threaten the offender. My trooper regularly talks rude to garza. In any military ive ever heard of this would get him courtmartialed no matter how good at his job he was. I mean come on even during wartime, if you kill a senator in broad view of the senate you will fry. This is an option during at least one characters story line.