The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.2 We will be able to buy champion gear for credits.

Darth_Sookie

it shows that you now what to do in wz, you have spent alot of time you have learned what your roll in a wz is, so before the patch BM is an indication that the person nows how to pvp

LoL no it actually just shows you entered a lot of wz as he stated. BMs could have farmed medals EVERY match they played and you couldn't tell any difference in the end.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best games are when you are up against people or premades w/ equivalant gear.

Removed the rest of the quote because it was all cancelled by this one comment, you shot yourself in the foot my friend. The best games are when you are up against people on a level playing field, when gear is not a factor.

Posted this elsewhere aswell...

Solution:

Higher rated PvP: Sexy gear, cool titles and epic mounts same stats as low rated.

Lower rated PvP: Ugly gear, no titles, basic mounts same stats as high rated.

Problem solved, still gear progression for those types of players who want to look cool and achieve a physical item, also titles etc. for people who like that. And everyone is on an equal playing field except for aesthetics. (Someone even suggested giving everyone the gold samurai JK gear until they get higher ratings, if that's not incentive to progress, nothing is.)

has nothing to do with the cheap kill, mmos are meant to be a game were you grind your way to new and better gear, one thing we both can agree on this game is not made for power gamers.

Other words... I have no skill and without having an obvious advantage I will quit!!!

Bye have a good one. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good pvpers will still roll baddies. Regardless if the gear is comparable or even the same. I mean unless Bioware is putting in an auto control function for said characters.. Bad players will still be bad players.

Maybe you should take this as a sign, leave the basement and get a job. Stop being a leech on society. TBH I as well as others are tired of paying for your groceries.

"Power gamers" are a thing of the past. There is NOT a single game out that supports this type of playing. If you are unhappy with this fact. Create a game that is built around basement dwellers having a huge advantage. I am sure you can pull this off with your 8th grade education. :rolleyes:

Other words... I have no skill and without having an obvious advantage I will quit!!!

Bye have a good one. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good pvpers will still roll baddies. Regardless if the gear is comparable or even the same. I mean unless Bioware is putting in an auto control function for said characters.. Bad players will still be bad players.

Maybe you should take this as a sign, leave the basement and get a job. Stop being a leech on society. TBH I as well as others are tired of paying for your groceries.

"Power gamers" are a thing of the past. There is NOT a single game out that supports this type of playing. If you are unhappy with this fact. Create a game that is built around basement dwellers having a huge advantage. I am sure you can pull this off with your 8th grade education. :rolleyes:

Wow, so wrong, AND a d!ck. You got it all baby!

This option will deny the psychologial issue as "feel of progress".

You all do remember that pleasent feeling when you see your toon got lvl? Thats why there are lvls - to reward you with this short pleasure and make you wait it in the future, while filling exp bar. Thats the feel of progress. And thats the reason why some people can do 40+ hours in a raw, mostly when game just being released. They are addicted to that feeling and pleasure is so strong that they can actually supress some basic instincts like need in sleep for some period of time.

Thats the rail all MMO ride - feel of progress. So while i havent seen any link - i think all tread is nothing but huge trolling tool.

You cant give people something for free - they will get it, toy with it and get bored very very quicly.

Do you think that people who are responsible for 100+ million dollar project dont know this basics? Its like 2+2=4.

Then people are shallow, if they need constant carrots to feel important. Go work that endless job to afford yet another sports car, and then see that within a few weeks you are bored of that, and seeking your next trinket. People are psychotic, egotistical, materialistic scum in life, and apparently in games too.

When did the 'experience' of the game itself stop being the best part of these games? About the same time when the experience of life became boring to these same people? Sorry but I do not think games, nor life, should cater to the mentally ill egoists...

I'm about ready to give up on this genre until it gets back to the thrill of combat, and experience of the game itself as the driving factor for enjoyment.. Remember, that's how all games are supposed to be. Not these idiot gear grinds where people feel 'important' and 'elite' because they have these new trinkets after spending half their life doing the same senseless task. Get real, this is stroking the ego and nothing more. Achievements in games are hilarious, they have absolutely NO POINT, yet people spend thousands of years grinding them out so they can post them in chat for others to fawn over. Incredible, really, totally psychotic when you think about it.

Do developers really want to cater to these people, or to the bulk of their playerbase that simply enjoys the experience itself? If they don't learn this simple lesson then all future MMOs are destined for failure. In PVP the thrill should be the thrill of battle, and objectives.. Not about the next shiny piece of gear or trinket.. The best PVP games in history were all about the battle, the worst ones were all about the gear.

I really hope Bioware figures this out.. If 1.2 doesn't lesson the gear grind for my pvp gear then I will not renew my subscription, period.. I want to enjoy the battles, not grind gear, and I don't want to be gimped because I simply enjoy the fight.. Is that hard to understand? Not everyone is a psychotic, egotistical material rat ok?

*** if this is true it SUCKS. Just because most of you scrubie noob keep whining on how ''hard'' it is to gear up ! Are you crazy ? if this is true i might just quit. It will ruin the whole feeling of pwning newbs with your hard earned gear and knowing they rage hard irl :p

Yes because you most likey rely on gear advantage to feel you are better than the lesser geared player you just killed. God forbid you should face someone with your gear level and have to l2p. Would love to see you rage irl then. :o

Yes because you most likey rely on gear advantage to feel you are better than the lesser geared player you just killed. God forbid you should face someone with your gear level and have to l2p. Would love to see you rage irl then. :o

I'm pretty much just laughing at this SWEEPING generalization now. Bout as accurate as saying all 1million battlemasters pre-easymode patch exploited ilum. It couldnt possibly be because they played more, they got better, and the bm gear WHICH ISNT MUCH BETTER than your freebie gear is now, had little to do with it. How bout this...

When you and your 2 million casual friends have your freebie equal gear, and still lose, and keep whining, maybe you will have to l2p? Because clearly with only one hour to play a day you couldnt possibly pick up enough skills to compete even in a *slightly* uphill battle, like most people did pre-easymode. God forbid that!

Sounds about as accurate, no?

Congratulations PvP community, PvE carebears are going to buy champion gear while us won't be allowed to buy PvE gear of the same tier.

This shows how much BioHare cares about us...

Wouldn't you like to see what would those carebears have to say if it were the opposite situation? Yeah I know, The Flood would seem a joke.

Edited by Streptococo

Then people are shallow, if they need constant carrots to feel important. Go work that endless job to afford yet another sports car, and then see that within a few weeks you are bored of that, and seeking your next trinket. People are psychotic, egotistical, materialistic scum in life, and apparently in games too.

When did the 'experience' of the game itself stop being the best part of these games? About the same time when the experience of life became boring to these same people? Sorry but I do not think games, nor life, should cater to the mentally ill egoists...

I'm about ready to give up on this genre until it gets back to the thrill of combat, and experience of the game itself as the driving factor for enjoyment.. Remember, that's how all games are supposed to be. Not these idiot gear grinds where people feel 'important' and 'elite' because they have these new trinkets after spending half their life doing the same senseless task. Get real, this is stroking the ego and nothing more. Achievements in games are hilarious, they have absolutely NO POINT, yet people spend thousands of years grinding them out so they can post them in chat for others to fawn over. Incredible, really, totally psychotic when you think about it.

Do developers really want to cater to these people, or to the bulk of their playerbase that simply enjoys the experience itself? If they don't learn this simple lesson then all future MMOs are destined for failure. In PVP the thrill should be the thrill of battle, and objectives.. Not about the next shiny piece of gear or trinket.. The best PVP games in history were all about the battle, the worst ones were all about the gear.

I really hope Bioware figures this out.. If 1.2 doesn't lesson the gear grind for my pvp gear then I will not renew my subscription, period.. I want to enjoy the battles, not grind gear, and I don't want to be gimped because I simply enjoy the fight.. Is that hard to understand? Not everyone is a psychotic, egotistical material rat ok?

There is difference between grind and progression. And thats the art of designer not to turn progression in to grind of triggers that will announce youve achived something.

This game is all about grind. Mindless, unpleasent grind in the world of bugs and exploiters of this bugs. Thats why i expirienced what this game was announced to be good at - a storyline (which was in my oppinion brilliant) and canceled subscription. I got what i paid for. I have about 15 days left and logging in sometimes to enjoy 3-4 WZs with my operative. But that joy is so tiny that its not worth even 10? (or whatever) bucks month costs.

What were you waiting from modern MMO if you are so surpriesly disapointed finding pvp in SWTOR alike other modern MMOs?

I'm pretty much just laughing at this SWEEPING generalization now. Bout as accurate as saying all 1million battlemasters pre-easymode patch exploited ilum. It couldnt possibly be because they played more, they got better, and the bm gear WHICH ISNT MUCH BETTER than your freebie gear is now, had little to do with it. How bout this...

When you and your 2 million casual friends have your freebie equal gear, and still lose, and keep whining, maybe you will have to l2p? Because clearly with only one hour to play a day you couldnt possibly pick up enough skills to compete even in a *slightly* uphill battle, like most people did pre-easymode. God forbid that!

Sounds about as accurate, no?

Pre ez mode? You mean like when they got their gear by beating level 12s? Or, by using early exploits to win VS in a minute? Or, exploiting Ilum?

There was never a point pre-champ bags where it was hard to get gear- and when the commendations in champ bags were out- they were put out for new players facing geared BMs- meaning they still ended up with the hardest path to getting their gear/valour.

There was no preEZ mode, it was EZ mode due to many flaws early on.

Despite that- when casuals do get their gear and lose- yes, they will have to learn to play better, and they'll no longer have 'gear' as the excuse. So why are you whining about this change anyway, if you're so good you'll still be beating them? It doesn't make any sense, you should be happy...

unless of course you realize you can no longer beat casuals, which is understandable- bads tend to fear change that exposes them for being bads.

unless of course you realize you can no longer beat casuals, which is understandable- bads tend to fear change that exposes them for being bads.

Dude, I *am* a casual, and I still made battlemaster before they started handing out valour like halloween treats. I dont really give a rats *** about who gets what gear, but it's clear that despite the pvp popularity in this game, the dev's are *****ting all over the people who hyped it up in the first place by removing any and all sense of progression. Progression which exists even in pure FPS pvp games.

So it's a big finger from BW to eliminate all progression for the pvp playerbase from the first 4 months of the game's release. OMG maybe 1% of them exploited somehow. That leaves hundreds of thousands who did it legit, who felt they HAD to grind in order to compete and DID it. Because that was how the game was designed... at first.

So the rug gets pulled out, and you want people to be happy?

In no MMORPG has gear ever been devalued so quickly as in swtor, it's ridiculous. These devs are clueless. And it's not just gear, its the rules, the classes, everything. The whole thing is a mishmosh of failures and bad decisions. This is just the latest in the throwing everything against the wall and see who sticks around strategy.

Dude, I *am* a casual, and I still made battlemaster before they started handing out valour like halloween treats. I dont really give a rats *** about who gets what gear, but it's clear that despite the pvp popularity in this game, the dev's are *****ting all over the people who hyped it up in the first place by removing any and all sense of progression. Progression which exists even in pure FPS pvp games.

So it's a big finger from BW to eliminate all progression for the pvp playerbase from the first 4 months of the game's release. OMG maybe 1% of them exploited somehow. That leaves hundreds of thousands who did it legit, who felt they HAD to grind in order to compete and DID it. Because that was how the game was designed... at first.

So the rug gets pulled out, and you want people to be happy?

In no MMORPG has gear ever been devalued so quickly as in swtor, it's ridiculous. These devs are clueless. And it's not just gear, its the rules, the classes, everything. The whole thing is a mishmosh of failures and bad decisions. This is just the latest in the throwing everything against the wall and see who sticks around strategy.

In other MMOs you need to work for your gear, all the pvp sets have been given out for free since launch, tell yourself anything else and you are just delusional

If by other MMOS you mean WoW.... LOL you are the one that is delusional. WoW arena gear is based on team make up, not skill.... Long as you understand that even tho the windows are grape flavored this week, you must fight the urge to lick them you are fine. Grab the latest FoTM team set up go play your 10 games and profit.

Lets go ahead and compare other MMOS shall we...

Aion pvp is all bout running in a group and understanding that once you are officer rank, the only pvp you do is in dredge. Why? Because you lose a metric fuk ton of abyss points if killed outside of dredge. Deity transformation on CD? Log on an alt and wait for the timer to be up..

Rift PvP... Chain queue and semi afk your way to "good gear"

*Self edit.. Copied the wrong post. This is in response to the idiot 3 up from this one :rolleyes:

Edited by Amiodarone

I like how people who get beaten horribly in PVP think they are suddenly going to start winning because they have equal gear. Thats like the people who spend all their time AFKing warfronts or kill trading in Illum thought they were suddenly going to be competitive once they reached Battlemaster.

News flash. Winners win. If you aren't used to winning its not going to suddenly start happening for you because you have the same gear as someone else.

100% this. People who don't play to win all the time are never going to be successful. I am still waiting to find out what these players who afk and such actual intend to do when they are geared up. Not having any competive instinct at all is a huge liability and thus really limits how well a person can ever do. Plus it is not something you just learn or turn on.

Hi dere lol

I always seem to die on hardd bossy in ops lol, I pvper but i haf life and very mad some people with more time get more gear to easier kill boss lol, that make guild feel like we bad in pve

So i think PvE gaer for credits is good idea guys, since gear shouldn't matter in killing boss lol only skill. We not play pve for gear anyways, we play for getting better and teamwork and things and something

Edited by Luxidenstore

Nothing wrong with what this guy said, but this is an exact example of how this game caters to the weekend warriors.

You mean the customers who pay the same subscription fee but use up less resources?

As a business owner myself I can tell you those are the customers you want the most.