The invincible healer

Viciouskillr

So its not 2 dps vs 1 healer, its 2 dps vs a healer and a tank. In which case the dps would still have to be absudly bad to not win. 2 of nearly any dps class can completely stop a healer from casting their main heal and depending on the class severely hamper their offheals, both the tank and the healer will die.

Even if they didnt interupt, 2 competent dps will do more damage then a single healer can do healing.

And even if your dps are completely retarted its still not op because the healer tank combo will not be able to kill the two dps, it will be a stalemate.

Also your numbers are... interesting? Op/scoundrel main 2s heal will heal for about 2-2.5k, crit for about 4-4.5k. Assuming a 35% crit chance your average heal is healing for just under 3k. Thats assuming your brain dead enough to even let him get the heal off.[/quote

a stalemate? are you implying that the tank will do no damage or that the dps will heal themselves, and interrupt like I stated has a 9sec cooldown making it pretty damn difficult for 2 dps to coordinate unless they have voice chat of some kind

Actually its an 8s CD, 6s if your a marauder. Even if you dont have a marauder 4+4=8, with a 2s cast thats more then enough time to never let him get a main heal off.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

50% damage reduction (guard)+ 20% damage reduction for armor = 30% damage dealt stock on the healer in question. The healer heals for 5.5k with a 2sec cast time..... do you not see the problem

Make up your mind. Before you say it's one healer taking on two DPS no problem. But, here you say GUARD. Guess what, that implies that it is a 2v2, not a 1v2 as you would like to portray it.

So its not 2 dps vs 1 healer, its 2 dps vs a healer and a tank. In which case the dps would still have to be absudly bad to not win. 2 of nearly any dps class can completely stop a healer from casting their main heal and depending on the class severely hamper their offheals, both the tank and the healer will die.

Even if they didnt interupt, 2 competent dps will do more damage then a single healer can do healing.

And even if your dps are completely retarted its still not op because the healer tank combo will not be able to kill the two dps, it will be a stalemate.

Also your numbers are... interesting? Op/scoundrel main 2s heal will heal for about 2-2.5k, crit for about 4-4.5k. Assuming a 35% crit chance your average heal is healing for just under 3k. Thats assuming your brain dead enough to even let him get the heal off.

The numbers I used are from are main pvp sorc (in full champ) that heals for 5k consistently and 5.5k if crits and 6k with bloodthrist going (15% healing buff)

Solution: Grapple / Pull the tank away -> CC the tank -> Kill healer.

Or .... ragequit, that works too :)

1)the tank uses force leap to the friendly healer

2)we pull and stun the tank, tank uses cc breaker, we stun again, healer uses purge to break second stun

A guarded healer is extremely difficult to defeat. Everyone will cook up fantastical strategies to do it (CC the healer! Focus the tank! Knockback the tank out of guard range! etc)

But what if they have 2 guarded healers? One is always freecasting. Impossible to kill either of them.

Today we had the delight to meet THREE guarded healers in voidstar. Needless to say we got no doors. What is the counter to that, exactly?

AOE is the counter to guard combos. You also might want to try to focus fire the tank while CCing the healer. A tank's taunt does nothing when he is the one taking the damage.

Actually its an 8s CD, 6s if your a marauder. Even if you dont have a marauder 4+4=8, with a 2s cast thats more then enough time to never let him get a main heal off.

and if he uses a push back with a slow, or an uninterruptable shield then what

Make up your mind. Before you say it's one healer taking on two DPS no problem. But, here you say GUARD. Guess what, that implies that it is a 2v2, not a 1v2 as you would like to portray it.

what I was getting at was its near impossible to burn 1 skilled healer that has guard on, and to explain my point I stated how difficult it was for 2 dps to burn a good healer without guard on

The numbers I used are from are main pvp sorc (in full champ) that heals for 5k consistently and 5.5k if crits and 6k with bloodthrist going (15% healing buff)

So it heals for 5k, crit heals for 5.5k? that makes no sense.

In actuality the sage/sorc heal heals for slightly more then the op healer and has the same crit chance. So if we do the math we can work out that the average sorc DI is about 3100, not inlcuding marauder debuff.

If your going to assume that the healer has bloodthirst up why not assume the dps will also have bloodthirst?

AOE is the counter to guard combos. You also might want to try to focus fire the tank while CCing the healer. A tank's taunt does nothing when he is the one taking the damage.

The longest stun in the game lasts 9sec, chain stunning and burning a competent tank is far more difficult than you lead it to appear

what I was getting at was its near impossible to burn 1 skilled healer that has guard on, and to explain my point I stated how difficult it was for 2 dps to burn a good healer without guard on

Well, IMO a tank and healer combo should beat two DPS. That's just my opinion, however.

As far as two DPS killing one healer. They should be able to shut down all of their cast heals by alternating their interrupts. Yes, that takes coordination and communication. I can see a single skilled and geared healer giving two DPS problems because they overlap their interrupts.

Now, an Op or Scoundrel with the infinite free instacast heals when low health... That might be something worth complaining about. :)

So it heals for 5k, crit heals for 5.5k? that makes no sense.

In actuality the sage/sorc heal heals for slightly more then the op healer and has the same crit chance. So if we do the math we can work out that the average sorc DI is about 3100, not inlcuding marauder debuff.

If your going to assume that the healer has bloodthirst up why not assume the dps will also have bloodthirst?

I was using bloodthrist as an example of the high points of healing, and as for "deadly saber" the only beduff and it only affects healing at 15% for 12sec at the cost of three rage. Three rage is a massive cost when trying to burn down a healer that's only taking a fraction of your damage.

When Rated warzones come out and this cycle becomes mainstream you will understand why ive gone to the trouble of typing a page about it

The longest stun in the game lasts 9sec, chain stunning and burning a competent tank is far more difficult than you lead it to appear

Tanks are just as vulnerable to certain types of damage as anyone else. They just typically have larger health pools. Look, I'm not saying it's easy. It's not supposed to be.

And, the advice is solid. Unless you want to try that guarded healer while ALSO being taunted. You pretty much have to kill the tank first. I try to maneuver and stun tank/guard pairs in an AoE field. AoE really hurts tanks pretty badly when they are taking 150% of the AoE damage.

Tanks are just as vulnerable to certain types of damage as anyone else. They just typically have larger health pools. Look, I'm not saying it's easy. It's not supposed to be.

And, the advice is solid. Unless you want to try that guarded healer while ALSO being taunted. You pretty much have to kill the tank first. I try to maneuver and stun tank/guard pairs in an AoE field. AoE really hurts tanks pretty badly when they are taking 150% of the AoE damage.

well ever since they nerfed surge rage hasnt been very useful against this combo

The problem isn't single healers, the problem is multiple healers combined with the guard dynamic in a pvp system where 2 of the 3 warzones want you to not only kill your opponents but kill them in a set time period before reinforcements return.

Speaking as a Jugg, this is the truth.

In a 2v2, if im guarding a healer and you are targeting them? Good luck. You lose. I will taunt you, choke you, push you, intimidating roar you, slow you, backhand you and generally ruin your day. No way 2 DPS are killing a warrior tank + healer, we simply have too much control and can effectively prevent 1 DPS from ever applying full damage while inflicting enough damage on them to ensure one of them dies before either of us.

Then we win.

The problem isn't single healers, the problem is multiple healers combined with the guard dynamic in a pvp system where 2 of the 3 warzones want you to not only kill your opponents but kill them in a set time period before reinforcements return.

Yes gang healing as we refer to it is another huge factor in this problem

Speaking as a Jugg, this is the truth.

In a 2v2, if im guarding a healer and you are targeting them? Good luck. You lose. I will taunt you, choke you, push you, intimidating roar you, slow you, backhand you and generally ruin your day. No way 2 DPS are killing a warrior tank + healer, we simply have too much control and can effectively prevent 1 DPS from ever applying full damage while inflicting enough damage on them to ensure one of them dies before either of us.

Then we win.

This is the truth

Yeah your right im just in full battlemaster averaging 300k damage a game, with 66valor. What do I know about being a dps

Not much apparantly, you didnt even know the CD of your own interupt.

BM =/= skill

Guarded healers are way too strong currently.

The top ranked warzone teams will be running very heavy tank+healer setups. The problem is compounded by the way the warzones are actually set up. They promote very defensive oriented teams.

50% damage reduction (guard)+ 20% damage reduction for armor = 30% damage dealt stock on the healer in question. The healer heals for 5.5k with a 2sec cast time..... do you not see the problem

Having full champ gear(alacricity build) on a commando i have never healed for 5k in combat with biochem stuff and trinket as well.

Sure it's possible to beat a decent or good healer 1 on 1 with a maruader.

That or any other profession.

Problem is when you have 5 or more of them and your either in a warzone or on illum.

Battle's can last for almost an eternity or its very difficult for the group to wipe out a group that can constantly heal each other and almost or never dies.

I've been in many fights and Healer's definitely need a longer cool down timer on each of their healing abilities.

I, don't want to see the profession bleed to death of its ability to do what it's suppose to do heal but it need's to be toned down.

Sure you can interupt but that doesn't last long your on your cool down timer and there back at it again healing like crazy.