Tracer missile idiots

Ruzena

And I hope you realize that a merc that goes any spec will not have these abilities as they are powertech only abilities.

Right, I'm just saying that pyro doesn't really work for mercs so they have to go tracer missile. People dump on arsenal mercs but don't realize that pyro really doesn't work for them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I'm just saying that pyro doesn't really work for mercs so they have to go tracer missile. People dump on arsenal mercs but don't realize that pyro really doesn't work for them.

And thats also assuming that you are partial Shield Tech to get the charge. Those that got full Pyro/AP dont have that distance closer unless grapple is off cooldown, and the target isnt full resolved. Ive been burned down by nothing but TM before I could close the distance. I will admit it is rare, but it has happened. If I can close the distance, most classes are toast. Some operatives i cant blow up before I am heat capped, and sometimes, a mediocre played Sorc/consular will just bubble and heal through my damage until i am heat capped, and then they proceed to have non consentual intercourse with my face. :(

And I hope you realize that a merc that goes any spec will not have these abilities as they are powertech only abilities.

I was just using an example of how easily a player whom does nothing but spam Tracermissle can easily be shutdown and the reasons that I believe that the powertech class is actually alot more OP than an arsenal Merc. But not only just a PT, you can do the same thing using an assassin and just replace the ability names. At least a sin doesnt have to be inside 4m to interupt. They dont have a jetcharge but they have force speed and spike.

The only time ive ever seen a Arsenal merc be even remotely potent using only TM was when playing against players that are just as bad if not worse than they are.

If anything I think Mercs need a change that allows them to be viable not relying on a single ability that is easily chain interrupted by a player. Because for any of the other Arsenal abilities to do any remote dmg, Multiple tracer missles have to be cast, and If you interrupt them, the Merc just becomes an easy kill with wet noodle abilities. They lack an good interrupt, escape ability, and end up being more squishy than a cloth wearing sorc. Their defensive CDs are almost laughable.

so getting interupted using tracer missle by 4 seconds is getting shut down?

if your tracer missles get interupted use power shot, it can hit for more damage while using the dps arsenal spec, because only blaster attacks gain the "high velocity" rounds which help hit through an extra 35% armor, if you want to dish out the best dmg, 3 tracer missles, heat seakers, fusion missle, powershot until dead.

and if u ever have a tough time with a healer, blast them with death from above, easy 5k-8k dmg over 3 seconds.

pyro sucks if ur fighting against any class that can remove tech effects.

fighting tanks with a pyro is really good because elemental damage ignores their damage reduction completely.

anyone who says pyros are better against certain classes are just plain wrong.

never once have i seen a pyro beat any invisible class that was half way decent.

all to often i see arsenal beat it, using the armor sets correctly, your big knockback comes back in 15 seconds, short knock back of rocket punch in 9 seconds.

of course it helps if your half healer and half arsenal against an assassin.

I think you need to recalculate the entire equation. Alacrity doesn't speed up the global cooldown.

Fusion/Rapid/Tracerx3/Heatseeker/Railshot = not dead

That rotation isn't going to kill someone, and also why use Rapid shot in PvP? Especially if you are going to kill them 5 attacks later.

so if you're not a tank

you just took 7753 + heatseekers average (2k + 3.9k) /2 = 10,703 damage

in 5.325 seconds.

casts 4 abilities to do that much, and its all ranged.

now if you throw in a railshot (1.5s instant global cooldown) and a fusion missle(1.3 to cast) into this mix, your dead in less than

9 seconds

8.125 to be exact.

railshot is a great follow up and so is fusion missle, but fusion missle should be used as a started primarily. shoot it, use rapid shots once, then use 3 tracer missles, heat seekers, railshot = dead

you want to use rapid shots so you can allow 7.5 more heat to vent because of fusion missle costing 33 heat(unless you use power surge and overload whatever to make it free and have no cast for next move)

You are wrong about global cooldown, next time pay more attention to the game you're playing.

This rotation will kill someone, I supplied the amount of damage it would deal, dunno whats confusing you, I take down most classes in less than 9 seconds all the time....

If you don't you're doing it wrong, take it from a level 50 in almost full battle master with all the good relics/stims/adrenals/boosts/buffs, 68 valor also.

I don't really understand this argument. Arsenal mercs are mobile heavy artillery. They require line of sight and are subject to constant interupts. If you're getting killed by one, don't stand in the open or interupt it, then kill it or get away from it. I play as an arsenal merc, the only maps it doesn't get highest dps on is Voidstar and Huttball being because of line of sight issues. To combat that I've started running into the packs of melee and tracer spamming from there. The confusion of why a merc would do that often leads me to victory. Of course an experienced player is going to force throw me, interupt me, choke the living **** out of me. But most people in WZ are inexperienced and all believe their class should be OP. Do you know how hard it is to kill a consular/sorcerer if they get the drop on you? Everything you got gets interupted while DOT's kill you. Smuggler/Operatives, Arsenal Merc's nightmare. Tanks take forever to kill.

If you're on a bad team you're going to be complaining about tracer missle/grav round. There's 2 healers on pub side on my server, when they queue together I can't kill anyone. I can hit 400-500k dmg during that wz but I can't kill anyone. Why? Because I can't get my pug team to focus fire on the healers.

My server has an overabundance of force users. Arsenal mercenaries are very rare. And out of the ones there are only 2 are battle master, mine and the guy I run from in Huttball. In 10-49 Arsenal probably is OP, but in 50 the game changes. The amount of interupts I encounter in a single match force me to be glued to the hip of a healer or tank. I am not easy to kill either, I go into a wz with 19k hp. But since I can't do anything besides TM and I get interupted all the time. Yea. QQ all you want. Your arguments are pointless. If you're playing civil war against a team of all mercenaries and you have no healers, you're dead. 2 good healers completely mitigate an arsenal merc.

Here's the main thing, team work.

so getting interupted using tracer missle by 4 seconds is getting shut down?

if your tracer missles get interupted use power shot, it can hit for more damage while using the dps arsenal spec, because only blaster attacks gain the "high velocity" rounds which help hit through an extra 35% armor, if you want to dish out the best dmg, 3 tracer missles, heat seakers, fusion missle, powershot until dead.

and if u ever have a tough time with a healer, blast them with death from above, easy 5k-8k dmg over 3 seconds.

The argument isnt against that interupting TM will completely shut down a merc, because yes there are many other abilities that are at your disposal.

The argument I have is against the people whom believe TM needs to be nerfed because you can just replace every hotkey on ur bar with tracer missle and be overly effective which is extremely wrong unless just playing with terrible players which I pointed out.

If I come across someone who knows how to utilize all of their abilities, i.e Powershot when interupted. They become very difficult to deal with. But someone that thinks they can just TM "only" to success is poorly mistaken.

Edited by Pwnyride

I think what annoys people most about TM is how it triggers. It takes 1.5 seconds to cast, then the missile travels to the target, then it does damage. It seems when you take damage from the first, the 2nd is already on the way, and the 3rd will be 1.5 seconds after that. Even if you break LOS at the start of damage, you eat 3 missiles plus a an explosive missile in a very short amount of time.

What most people that don't play a BH know, it takes a good 5 seconds of standing there before you even do any damage. Good people will break LOS when they see the red dot on them. In pvp, 5 seconds is a long time.

Too much ability spamming in this game for a lot of classes, period.

yep, 50 sorc leveled up for me besides my BH, pretty spammy, 4 sometimes 5 buttons rather than 3 sometimes 4 for standard rotation

a joke for sure

The argument isnt against that interupting TM will completely shut down a merc, because yes there are many other abilities that are at your disposal.

The argument I have is against the people whom believe TM needs to be nerfed because you can just replace every hotkey on ur bar with tracer missle and be overly effective which is extremely wrong unless just playing with terrible players which I pointed out.

If I come across someone who knows how to utilize all of their abilities, i.e Powershot when interupted. They become very difficult to deal with. But someone that thinks they can just TM "only" to success is poorly mistaken.

I beg to differ.. A TM spamming merc can be quite effective. Put a pocket healer on this merc spamming one ability and they are likely unstoppable for the most part.

References...

I beg to differ.. A TM spamming merc can be quite effective. Put a pocket healer on this merc spamming one ability and they are likely unstoppable for the most part.

References...

He didn't say you could not be effective spamming TM. He is talking about a skilled Merc vs an unskilled one. A skilled Merc will spam TM when it is appropiate. An unskilled one will die trying.

He didn't say you could not be effective spamming TM. He is talking about a skilled Merc vs an unskilled one. A skilled Merc will spam TM when it is appropiate. An unskilled one will die trying.

Define skilled vs unskilled. Does spamming one ability because it's incredibly powerful and was given to you by the game engineers automatically make you unskilled? Or does it make you skilled because you realize it's potential and now abuse that ability given to you by the game? That is a topic that could and has been beaten to death on who's right.

Ultimately, it boils down to how you wanna play. Yes, you can be extremely effective as a TM spammer. In a 1 vs 1 duel, it could go either way. But in a typical warzone, you will likely top the charts and have a very high k/d ratio. Because by the time someone targets you (assuming you've opened up on them), they've eaten 2-3 TM's and are sitting around half health or lower. They don't have much time to react to the spamming. Watch the one video of the 2 TM spamming merc's go at it. It's intriguing, to say the least.

Um, who's supposed to be an idiot here? Excuse my ignorance but I see two sides to this. One set of idiots sitting put and launching rockets from their asses and another set of idiots sitting still and taking repeated assrockets to their face until they die.

I'll be glad when this is over.

Um, who's supposed to be an idiot here? Excuse my ignorance but I see two sides to this. One set of idiots sitting put and launching rockets from their asses and another set of idiots sitting still and taking repeated assrockets to their face until they die.

I'll be glad when this is over.

whats going to be over?

we need to use tracer missle 3 times to get a shot with our heat seekers, then we need to use it another 2 times right after to power up everything else

takes 5 tracer missiles to get: 10% dmg reduction(lasts 15 seconds), 30% extra dmg for next rail shot, good chance to get your unload cooldown finished, and it now deals an extra 25% damage.

our whole aresenal tree relies on tracer missiles being spammed to use our higher hitting moves, which have a 15 sec cooldown, 15 sec cooldown, and gee, 15 second cooldown.

*** r we supposed to use while waiting? lets see, using more tracer missiles will renew our our 10% dmg reduction shield, shooting 5 after you used your 30% railshot buff up, will renew it, shooting t missiles at other enemies will help lower their armor for friendlies(not confirmed if that works for friendlies, at least im not sure if its confirmed, but if they can see the debuff icon ont hem ia ssume it is)

every other ability goes by the wayside

you always want to shoot 3 TM first, then use heat seakers, then unload, shoot 2 more TM, use railshot, if unload came back from shooting TM use unload again, use fusion missle, a few more TM, heat seekers, railshot, unload. not much variety, you can use other moves but those are about AOE

mercs have sweeping blasters(deals 1500-1900 dmg to 5 targets in the 5 meter circle, channeled in 3seconds)

death from above (deals 4000-4400 dmg to all targets within 10 meters, channeled in 3 seconds)

explosive dart(deals 1200-1300 dmg to 5 targets within 5 meters)

flame thrower(deals 2600 elemental damage to all enemies in the 10 meter flame graphic over 3 seconds)

what else should we use? powershot costs a lot of heat, it does more damage, but it uses 2 blasters, and the default accuracy of your off hand blaster is only 60%, so its going to miss a lot with the second shot of it.

tracer missile is the only thing we can use without over heating when waiting for other stuff basically, unless enemies are grouped up.

then you use

explosive dart->fusion missile ->death from above->sweeping blasters-> use regular move to lower heat, sweeping blasters again

explosive dart is used first because by the time it blows up you will be doing death from above, and fusion missile will be setting them on fire while ud eath from above, so they are basically getting hit by 3 attacks at once, then sweeping blasters to finish em off.

you can litterally take out a group of say like 3 jedi, and 2 healers, just by doing that if u crit, and u pop all ur relics/adrenals/boosts/buffs, so im 55% crit chance when i do that

u just dont understand, you're the idiot here. uninstall

One set of idiots sitting put and launching rockets from their asses and another set of idiots sitting still and taking repeated assrockets to their face until they die.

Sorry for the derail, but seeing Tracer Missiles referred to as "assrockets" just made my day <3 I lol'ed pretty hard.

I personally have only lvl 30 merc, but I rolled it because i love tracer missile spam. My opinion and I don't see any reason why some social wellfare skiller shoulld tell me that tracer missile spam is bad for me, because like it..

You rolled a class based on Spam...

I got a word for you, but I wont post it here...!!! :confused:

pyro sucks if ur fighting against any class that can remove tech effects.

fighting tanks with a pyro is really good because elemental damage ignores their damage reduction completely.

anyone who says pyros are better against certain classes are just plain wrong.

never once have i seen a pyro beat any invisible class that was half way decent.

all to often i see arsenal beat it, using the armor sets correctly, your big knockback comes back in 15 seconds, short knock back of rocket punch in 9 seconds.

of course it helps if your half healer and half arsenal against an assassin.

Not really, only merc/commando and operative/scounderal can and when you cleanse it the dot reapplies and you have to wait 5 seconds which is plenty time of a window to cast off railshot and such, I can still shred people up as a pyro merc (and for some annoying reason, I become #1 target against premades). On my healer operative it's too consuming to recleanse it over and over when it gets reapplied 0.5 seconds after cleansing the first one, cleansing dots aren't as effective as cleansing slow/taunt/armor/etc.

I don't have an issue with well played mercs. It's the ones that are terribad players yet can still spam a one button win. I can always tell these guys as I'm blazing at full speed straight at them on my vanguard, cryo grenade/hib/ ion pulse/stockstrike/ interupt their next attempted spam and watch them stand there doing nothing while I pummle them for 4 seconds. These guys end up dead very quickly when you get on em. But left alone, it's a one button win, no single skill should debuff and do that much damage. Hopefully in 1.2 it's tracer spamming that gets the nerf that's coming for BH, thus forcing the terribad players to go away cause it isn't easy mode anymore. I simply can't wait!!

any class left alone is going to deal good damage- its your fault for letting a casting class cast. simple as that. the fact is if TM graphic and sound wasnt so annoying and was changed like everyone and there mother was callng for in BETA then we wouldnt be having this redisigning of the class's entire playstyle

The other part of the 4 second stand there and do nothing has to do with the awful targeting mechanics of the game, the LOS issues associated with melee running in circles, and a completely immobile class that might as well be a mechanical turret. I completely welcome a change to arsenal mercs, I would love to use my full spectrum of abilities without overheating instantly. This patch will do nothing but separate competent players of which there are sadly few from the trash. Nerf? I think not.

Not really, only merc/commando and operative/scounderal can and when you cleanse it the dot reapplies and you have to wait 5 seconds which is plenty time of a window to cast off railshot and such, I can still shred people up as a pyro merc (and for some annoying reason, I become #1 target against premades). On my healer operative it's too consuming to recleanse it over and over when it gets reapplied 0.5 seconds after cleansing the first one, cleansing dots aren't as effective as cleansing slow/taunt/armor/etc.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Kolto shell heals me every 3 seconds for 350-780. how often does your flame tick? so your 18 second dot is useless on me already.

yeah you railshotted me, big deal, railshot deals less damage than tracer missle and powershot.

i always cleanse myself.

i have to say, fighting someone who is full pyro specced is probably hands down the easiest fight i will ever have.

the only thing easier would be if i was fighting a socr that had no weapons/armor equipped

pyro isnt good vs a healer period, only vs tanks.

thats just how it is your 18 second fire dot can hit up to 2000-3000 over 18 seconds, darn just cleansed it, and fired a tracer missle at you, and in 1.25 seconds i hit a 3,300 ish on you

you showed meeeee.

it doesnt matter if i have to wait 5 seconds to cleanse again, my kolto shell will heal me, my heal over time will heal me. pyros cannot burst damage on a good healer, maybe one that isnt healing himself every now and then.

theres only 2 people on my server that ever beat me in a 1 v 1 over and over again, one of them is Agust(operative) and the other is Liono(marauder)

every other opertive/sentinel/shadow/merc/marauder/sorc/anything u want to name cannot kill a bh merc healer by themselves. its not possible. every other class cannot out dps my heals, and after awhile they run out of force/energy/ammo and i easily powershot them to death while i pop my 80% dmg reduction with heal over time, 15% defense, kolto shell reactivily healing me. 15 seconds of 80% dmg reduction when u have all the gear/relics/adrenals/stims/buffs, and im not counting the 12.5% expertise dmg reduction either, so i am effectiveily 92.5% dmg reduction with 15% defense, and 2 heals on me.

it cant be beat.