Evil is Ugly

universeman

So, I finally decided to play an evil character. And before I go too far, I will say...it's not easy to click those evil choices sometimes! :o I just squint and look away lol...

Anyways, to my point...A few levels ago, I realize I look F'ing UGLY. My character is female, and I thought she looked kind of nice. But, a little darkness in her heart has produced some pretty crazy effects!! I think I'm only Dark1 right now (maybe Dark2), but I can't imagine if I keep getting uglier...!! :eek:

I may have to demand a respec of my light/dark points.

but I can't imagine if I keep getting uglier...!!

You can turn off the DS corruption in the options, so you won't see that effect on your character any longer.

That will never happen, you made the choices you did, so they're not going to go in and edit your character and change DS to LS points.

So, I finally decided to play an evil character. And before I go too far, I will say...it's not easy to click those evil choices sometimes! :o I just squint and look away lol...

Anyways, to my point...A few levels ago, I realize I look F'ing UGLY. My character is female, and I thought she looked kind of nice. But, a little darkness in her heart has produced some pretty crazy effects!! I think I'm only Dark1 right now (maybe Dark2), but I can't imagine if I keep getting uglier...!! :eek:

I'm not a big fan of the dark side corruption. I don't mind the idea, but the actual implementation is horrible. It makes you look like you haven't washed your face in 5 years. What's up with the giant black smudges? The pale skin thing only works on human caucasian skin tones too. Sith purebloods turn pink and black people turn into Michael Jackson.

The Sith corruption effect looks okay if your character is pale skinned initially. If you're a Sith Pureblood, having the corruption effect on looks kinda stupid since your red-skinned Sith Pureblood turn white... uh, what? Edited by Parali
bad quote

Either turn of DS corruption, as people said, or just start gaining LS points. Once you max LS you will lose your remains DS points.

So, I turned off the corruption option and looked pretty again. But, I had to turn it right back on! :D I actually like the look of it (for now). I can see how it could make some character models look really bad, though.

Maybe they should give those with corruption an option on how the corruption affects their characters. Someone said big horns (lol), maybe...or, just let them select which level of corruption they want (dark1, dark2, etc), as long as they've reached that level or higher.

Anyways...at least I can turn it off if I don't like it.

Agree that the textures for the Sith corruption could use a little love. Right now they tend to make you look more like a zombie than a corrupt force user. I keep having this slight paranoia about Chuck Greene showing up out of nowhere with a chainsaw duct-taped to a kayak paddle...

this, more than anything, is why i think the role of alignment in game needs work. because ds3 actually looks pretty cool, even sexy. then ds4 looks like leprosy. i love my ds3 toon more than any other, but it looks like bw still cant find a way to make alignment choices a personal preference on a spectrum.

We went round and round about corruption on the beta boards. Soooo many players were convinced that doing evil deeds makes you physically ugly, and honestly that's a really stupid belief contradicted by all evidence. Edited by Parali
bad quote, replies

We went round and round about corruption on the beta boards. Soooo many players were convinced that doing evil deeds makes you physically ugly, and honestly that's a really stupid belief contradicted by all evidence.

I must sincerely disagree with you :(

Edited by Parali
bad quote, replies

I'm not a big fan of the dark side corruption. I don't mind the idea, but the actual implementation is horrible. It makes you look like you haven't washed your face in 5 years. What's up with the giant black smudges? The pale skin thing only works on human caucasian skin tones too. Sith purebloods turn pink and black people turn into Michael Jackson.

Yup. By the time my Agent hit lvl 50 I'd actually forgotten that I'd made him black until I turned off Sith corruption. Kinda of a surprise really.

Channeling lightning takes a heavy toll on your body I guess ;)