IDEA! Summon Alt Characters (like a Companion)

Brockalee

I want to summon my other characters similar to how I can summon a companion.

So, if i have a dual wielding sith, it should behave like ashara (dual wielding companion) with the looks and gear / stats of my alt character.

Think how long people would stay in this game if they can do that!!!!

Edited by Brockalee
flagged as idea

Do you think this is a great idea?

Seems easy, they can use the AI leveraged by the similar companion role. The dialogue part is the only thing that might need development, but don't need dialogue really for them.

It shouldn't be that hard to do, tbh.

They need to take the gear looks from your alt, character looks and assign them to a AI with the AC you picked. Every AI in the game uses weapons, similar abilities and such as a certain AC, even focused in a specific talent specialization, would, so it shouldn't be that hard of a process. They are able to make AIs that looks exactly the same and uses class abilities in WoW, SWTOR should have the capability to do the same.

I personally would love this.

I'd love to be able to summon one of my alts as a companion.

That way I could pick the best class to match my mains attributes while as the same time being able to develop the "companions" own story by levelling the on their own.

Playing a Jedi it would certainly add to the "training your own Padawan" experience.

Would it be greedy to ask if we could summon an alt in addition to a companion?

(((of course this could be a level 50 + ability so the PVE advantage from 1-50 wouldn't be tooo easy)))

Edited by Brockalee

OK at first I laughed and was all like "***??? seriously???" then I realized something. With a distinct lack of people in the world already in the levelling planets I've been finding myself able to do less and less heroic group quests until none at all. And with completing these being so much more vital as there is significantly less gearing and xp options open for single players than other games they're pretty necessary. Please, give us this multi-boxing without acutally multiboxing. It's not an unfair advantage in that to get it you have to actually have created and played a character to be able to do this. Yes, at the first few planets people are friendly and chatty etc. This tapers off fast with more and more people hitting 50 meaning there are so few people on the worlds.

The idea is good. And even if it only summons the "appearance" of an alt, it would still be a good idea. A sniper would translate into a ranged DPS companion, an operative into a healer companion, a sith jugg into a melee tank companion, powertech ranged tank companion, etc. They get the already set skills from those classes, and take your level... Like a regular companion.

It would just be awesome to go around with your alt helping you.

I am loving this idea simply for the fact that RP-wise it would be odd that spouses, siblings, etc could never appear together in-game otherwise. Not sure how well it could be implemented, but it would be so darn awesome if this was possible. :)

I want to summon my other characters similar to how I can summon a companion.

So, if i have a dual wielding sith, it should behave like ashara (dual wielding companion) with the looks and gear / stats of my alt character.

Think how long people would stay in this game if they can do that!!!!

I lie this idea and could be used for 1.3 patch ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.