Pyrp pvp gear

Mycavycos

So i have just respecced from full shieldtech to pyro and i am really into pvp at the moment. And was wondering if someone could hand me the right gear setup for pyro-pvp? Or just redirect me to a thread with a similar discussion :)

all help appreciated!

//cheers

So i have just respecced from full shieldtech to pyro and i am really into pvp at the moment. And was wondering if someone could hand me the right gear setup for pyro-pvp? Or just redirect me to a thread with a similar discussion :)

all help appreciated!

//cheers

4PC PvP Eliminator or 4PC PvE Combat Tech

Power/Surge Mods, as much as you can get (t his gets a lot easier the more you play and you can buy extra imperial agent gear for 23 end/34 power/48 Surge mods.

Don't worry about accuracy to much.

Pretty much the basics...

Edited by exphryl

Power/Surge Mods, as much as you can get (t his gets a lot easier the more you play and you can buy extra imperial agent gear for 23 end/34 power/48 Surge mods.

I'm a bit conflicted about the 4 piece Eliminator vs Combat Tech set bonus. I see a lot more pyros switching over to Combat Tech now that the carbonize bug has been picked but I'm a uncertain about whether the 8% rail shot damage makes up for 15% extra rail shot crit chance. Anybody have any thoughts?

It does make up for it the carbonize isnt part of the PVE combat tech set bonus though...its explosive fuel cool down is shortened by 15 sec for the two pieces...I run with the PVE CT, BM main and off hands implants ear and relics and champ eliminator boots till I can get BM ones...also BM belt and braces at 500 ex with all that and the set bonus it works REAL nice

I'm a bit conflicted about the 4 piece Eliminator vs Combat Tech set bonus. I see a lot more pyros switching over to Combat Tech now that the carbonize bug has been picked but I'm a uncertain about whether the 8% rail shot damage makes up for 15% extra rail shot crit chance. Anybody have any thoughts?

He said PvE combat tech not PvP. PvE set bonus gives you the explosive fuel cooldown reduction(2pc) and 8% rail shot(4pc).

Since I gotten my columi set first, I am sticking with the 4pc PvE and getting my expertise elsewhere.

I can't imagine that the 8% railshot damage is better than the 15% crit chance on it. You'd pretty much have to mod for crit chance too and lose alot of power.

It's 8% railshot, 15sec less on explosive fuel, and better stats. That's how I have it. I didnt really plan for it, but I got my columi set before I took pvp seriously. So I kept the 4pc set, and went champion on everything else. I'm always in the top 3 in dmg/medals and often 1st.

If you dont have the pve set already, then definitely go for eliminator pvp.

Going from the formula here: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/03/calculating-critical-hit-chance/ and here: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/01/when-is-too-much-surge-bad-for-digestion/

one thing is certain: the optimum surge should be around 250

After this, I'm wondering if it's better to stack crit or power. As we can see from the graph, crit keeps scaling nicely till 600 rating.

I suppose it's a choice between highest burst (when you get lucky with crits), or more "consistent" damage? In pyrotech terms that is ;)

Going from the formula here: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/03/calculating-critical-hit-chance/ and here: http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/01/when-is-too-much-surge-bad-for-digestion/

one thing is certain: the optimum surge should be around 250

After this, I'm wondering if it's better to stack crit or power. As we can see from the graph, crit keeps scaling nicely till 600 rating.

I suppose it's a choice between highest burst (when you get lucky with crits), or more "consistent" damage? In pyrotech terms that is ;)

Yeah. I still would say 300 surge is fine expecially with that 600 critical, 300 surge is going a lot further even if there is slight drop in stat efficency.

I am also wondering if Columi augmented is better than battle master implants.

Accuracy is also a good stat and is much better than surge when you have 300 surge. Avoid surge like the plague when you have 300.

I only have 95% accuracy and that is from implants and earpeices etc.